D Stock How's everyone doing so far this season?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 05:16 AM
boilermini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats to Minifinn!!

Congratulations to Minifinn for his 2nd place finish at the South Bend region event at the Tire Rack this Sunday.

He was only 1.1sec behind 1st place, which was a really setup celica with R compounds. The celica is usually 2-3 sec ahead of the rest of the class.

He also beat my husband and myself, but that's okay. It's more fun when you've got good competition, I think?

Great job Minifinn, you've really got that car dialed in!

Old 09-01-2004, 08:22 AM
minifinn
4th Gear
Thanks Boilermini. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good . I talked to Bill Loring about the Celica set up. He said that Brian Priebe and he were putting a lot of toe out in the back end to help rotation but that ate up tires when driven on the street so he did an eyeball alignment that morning. It might have been off a bit. Also the weather helped us "street tire people" as his hoosiers could not get warmed up enough. Maybe Priebe should have been his "tire warmer" that day.....yea right

It's still nice to be close to the fast guys.

Old 09-27-2004, 01:41 PM
boilermini
2nd Gear
Minifinn does it again!

Another huge congrats to Minifinn - he took 1st place at the South Bend Region's event this weekend. He finally dethroned William Loring who always gets 1st (and just placed 8th at nationals in GS).

And he did it on street tires!

Nice job Minifinn!!!

See you at the Tire Rack on Oct 10th -- I promise I won't ask you about your tire pressures!

Boliermini

Old 09-27-2004, 03:13 PM
minifinn
4th Gear
I promise I won't ask you about your tire pressures!
You can always ask.......but will I tell?.....

See you and ConceptVision at The Tire Rack on the 10th. Any MINI's out there come join us in South Bend, IN. The Tire Rack track is GREAT for MINI's
Here's the Info linkhttp://www.sbrscca.org/solo/2004_poi...BR_Points8.pdf

Old 10-14-2004, 05:30 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Well the SCCA’s Gulf Coast Region 12 is in a bit of a tail spin right now so 3rd for the year may be the best I could do. We have lost the air field we race at do to some up coming construction and my never get use of it again. Since July we’ve been racing on it with a last second month to month notice because the work has been put on hold.

September we were to have a two day race weekend, but hurricane Ivan took care of that by leveling four cities here including Pensacola, Florida where we race. It’s not been posted yet if we’ll be able to use the track in October, but I’ll be at the Tail of the Dragon on the tentative weekend, so write that one off.

That only leaves November’s race and I have no idea if we have use of the track. So unless we race in November and unless I move up in position at that race date, I’m taking 3rd in Region 12 for the year. Until then – that’s all she wrote.