Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts Serving the Northern Bay Area, including Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, and Lake Counties; and the greater Sacramento Valley. Visit our club site at www.redwoodempiremini.com

Dixon All British Motor Car Show - 21 May - Volunteers needed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Califzeph
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dixon All British Motor Car Show - 21 May - Volunteers needed!

REME will be setting up a booth at this event and would like to see a good turn out of members who are either entering the show and/or just cruising the event. We need help in manning (womanning?) the REME booth, to introduce ourselves and our wonderful little cars to the general public.
A shade structure, chairs and ice chests will be made available for club member's use.
Please post here if you would like to help out!

Old 03-06-2006, 08:23 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Rob,

I have already entered the "Pooper" in the car show. We also have a canopy and some other stuff. We have ordered a REME 10' X 2" banner. I just need to find a way to bring all this stuff up to Dixon.

I am planning to go to the Seven Ent. Open House (10AM-2PM), then "Howard's" Mountain Run (4-6PM), have dinner, drinks, and music in Nevada City (6-10PM), spend the night in Auburn (11pm-7AM), then drive down to Dixon for the show. Sounds like a FUN, busy, weekend. Won't have time to get back to Windsor to pick up the canopy.

Do you know anybody that's driving a "regular" sized vehicle? We could meet-up and get some of this stuff ahead of the car show.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Hngn on n the psnger seat
6th Gear
Norm,

Our house is on your way to Auburn (kinda) and we are about 15 minutes from Dixon. More than happy to take some of the stuff off of your hands. If it would be easier let me see if my "parents" will let me borrow their canopy, so you dont have to drag yours up here.

Heather

Old 03-06-2006, 08:50 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Heather,

Thanks, Keep me posted, I'll have mine ready. In any case I'll bring the REME banner. It will be vynal and should hook up to most any pop-up canopy.

Whenver I don't have to be with the "Pooper" I'll be happy to work the booth.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Califzeph
5th Gear
I planned on bringing my canopy and some folding chairs, plus ice chest, short commute from Citrus Heights, just north of Sacramento.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:32 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Rob,

Do you know if there is electicity that we can use? I have some long extension cords (or I have a small generator). I made up some REME run movies from photo. Rawls made a bunch as well. I have a flat screen TV and a DVD player. Thought while we are manning the booth we could play the shows. I could bring the Italian job (orig. & New) and we could play that in the background.

Been wanting to do this at one of our dinners, but have never had the chance.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Califzeph
5th Gear
Originally Posted by mini pooper
Rob,

Do you know if there is electicity that we can use? I have some long extension cords (or I have a small generator). I made up some REME run movies from photo. Rawls made a bunch as well. I have a flat screen TV and a DVD player. Thought while we are manning the booth we could play the shows. I could bring the Italian job (orig. & New) and we could play that in the background.

Been wanting to do this at one of our dinners, but have never had the chance.
Sounds cool... I'll contact the show organizers and find out about power outlets. I don't think generators are allowed though.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:52 PM
zied
Coordinator :: Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts
There are only 34 days left to send in your pre-registration for the All British Motorcar Show and Swap Meet on May 21, 2006. It will again be held at the Dixon Mayfair Grounds and sponsored by United British Sports Car Club of Sacramento. I am contacting you because you were a part of our record breaking year in 2005.

I would like to enlist your assistance in securing additional trophy classes. Trophy classes are set when three like cars pre-register. There are many possibilities available as you will see if you go to the web site at www.ubscc.org and look at the pre-registered vehicles so far. If you see a trophy class that is missing, please register your car plus tell your friends and acquaintances to send in their registration by Friday, May 9th. We will set as many classes as we can, but they must be postmarked by the 4th!

Please be sure to check our web site for information and updates about this year's show

Old 03-30-2006, 04:09 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Looks like it's me against Howard. Those are the only MINI Coopers entered so far. They should have a class for Classic Minis and MINIs.

Come on REME!!! Enter your cars. We have plenty of winning cars.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:22 PM
zied
the list on line is old... I also have registered.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
zied
Just a warning and recommendation to those attending the car show. Dixon GETS REAL HOT!!! I think last May it was 110 in the shade during the car show. Bring a folding chair to sit in and a cooler full of drinks.

We will have a Car Club booth set up which will provide a little shade for those maning it. Food is plentiful there so you won't need to bring a sack lunch.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:08 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Just a reminder about the May 20th weekend.

For those of you that are planning to go to the Seven Enterprises Open House on Saturday, May 20th, REME has planned a 105 mile (approx.) run for Saturday PM after the open house. The Open House is from 10AM– 2PM. The next day is the British Car Show in. Thought we could attend the open house, go to the hotel, check-in, take the 2 hrs + run, ending up in Nevada City for dinner, music and drinks. Then spend the night in Aurburn and leave for in the AM. Everyone is welcome to join in.

I have set up a group discount at the Comfort Inn in Auburn for Saturday May 20th, 2006 for the Seven Enterprises Open House/REME mountain run.
Group name:
MINI COOPERS Group # 100303.
Comfort Inn 1875 Auburn Ravine Rd., Auburn, CA 95603 530-885-1800 fax 530-888-6464. The rate is $89.99/night. This rate is for any room. I reserved 10 rooms (5 kings and 5 double queens). Make sure when you make reservations to tell them you are part of the
MINI COOPER group.

Take the Foresthill Exit of I80.
Rooms are Single King or Double Queen, smoking or non-smoking. Ask for Renee Dowd, but you can make reservations with anyone at the front desk.
Cutoff date is
April 21, 2006.

Hotel includes: free continental breakfast, exercise room, outdoor pool and spa, guest laundry, high speed internet access, coffee makers, iron and boards, blow dryer/ fridges and microwaves available upon request.

Checkin time: 2PM Check out: 11AM.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:56 PM
zied
Just a reminder and to bump this to the top.... REME will be hosting a run from Auburn to Nevada City on Saturday afternoon. Sunday, members in the area will drive from Auburn to Dixon to participate in the car Show. I hope to see many MINIs there.