R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Moderator Approval?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:11 AM
MarkinMaryland
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderator Approval?

Sometimes when posting I get the message below, while other times the post goes right up. And frequently when the message is displayed, the post ends up not showing up.
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.
Does anyone know why this occurs?

Thanks

Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know if the site will let you, but were you signed in when you posted? That may require review and approval.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:27 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
I know creating topics in the how-to forum requires moderator approval.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
wandrur
Mark,
It's primarily a consequence of the site's anti-spam software. New users are frequently tagged as suspect, especially when there is a URL of any sort in the post. As chrunck mentions, some forums are defaulted to requiring approval, but I'm pretty sure that only the 'how-to' sections fall under that heading.

It's not you--it's us. We try to get posts approved within a few hours, depending on when moderators are online, but if something goes for a day or two and hasn't yet been approved, please feel free to contact any of the site staff via PM or the 'Contact us' over on the left sidebar.

Happy motoring!

tim

Old 01-05-2012, 08:19 AM
MarkinMaryland
1st Gear
Thanks Tim

Old 01-25-2012, 09:10 PM
bunhud
1st Gear
I typed out a comment in the "wish" thread and got that message. I had just posted, successfully, some pics in the photo thread so I was surprised. I am not a new member, but my activity is low.

I am wondering if my post is gone or really in the process of being looked at by a moderator.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 PM
wandrur
Sometimes there's really no rhyme or reason (that I know). I approved that post.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:32 PM
bunhud
1st Gear
Originally Posted by wandrur
Sometimes there's really no rhyme or reason (that I know). I approved that post.
Thanks.

I just had another weird experience. I tried to post pics in the Light Coffee Owner thread that were pics that I had posted in the photo thread. When I saw the owner thread, I wanted to use them, again, but the site wouldn't let me, saying that I had already posted them in another thread. That is so strange.

I belong to another forum that seems to use the same platform, but I never run into these issues, over there.

Old 01-25-2012, 11:56 PM
bunhud
1st Gear
I just had a comment post, immediately, when a comment I typed out in another thread, probably, an hour back still hasn't shown up. I got the moderation message on the one that is missing.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 AM
bunhud
1st Gear
Can a moderator, please, tell me why I can't create an album? I tried to make one a couple of months back and got the same message. I asked back then and was told that there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to do this, but it is still happening. :(

Attached Thumbnails Moderator Approval?-north-amer-motoring-album-message.jpg