R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Mats

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Singha
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mats

So my CMs4 is on order, should be here by the end of Oct to Mid November. I should be getting a free set of mats, but i was wondering if there were any other places online that will Rubber all weather mats for the CM (front, rear and boot)

thanks

Old 09-25-2011, 10:19 AM
is_it_the_shoes
1st Gear
I think I am going to spring for WeatherTech's. Had them in my Truck and couldnt bee happier

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...1436&Year=2011

I would suspect the 2011 still fits the 2012s.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Singha
1st Gear
Those cost the same (i think more) than the Cooper S rubber mats they have at minusa. Not to mention s&h, i'm guessing they are better quality?

Old 09-25-2011, 10:39 AM
MontanaMini
2nd Gear
I've loved my rubber mats from MINI. I had them in my Cooper and plan to get them for my CM. They're deep enough that they collect most everything and protect the floor underneath.
I've heard the weathertech mats are more heavy duty than most people need, but I've not had them personally.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Kimsc321
3rd Gear
Me three. Bought weathertech b4 my CM arrival. When my MA gave me the rubber mat, I returned the weathertech. Surprisingly Mini is 50bucks less than weather tech. Ask your MA for free or exchange w the soft mat.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:48 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
Yeah, just ask your MA for free rubber mats. I bet they'll do it, and if not you haven't lost anything by asking.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Mojito
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine just asked what I wanted, but recommended the rubber. They work great up here in the rainy northwest

Old 09-25-2011, 02:42 PM
is_it_the_shoes
1st Gear
I think the weathertech high cost come from laser measurement fit of the floor, thus producing a liner that contours exactly to the floor.

With all the outdoor activities I do, Heavy duty is what I am looking for to stand up over time. What impressed me the most was how thin they are, and yet Very sturdy and can tell they would last. I found with rubber, not matter how thick or beefy looking, they all wore out near pedals. Not saying the mini ones do that, I wouldn't know. For the average Motoring, rubber is probably more than enough, but anyone looking for long term heavy abuse, I highly recommend the W.T.s

I already had the parts dept set aside a rubber boot mat, If I can get a free upgrade to Rubber in the front and rear when I pick up mine, I certainly will. That way, I can post them up here for somebody when the I get the W.T.s

Don't work for them or anything, just very happy with their product after lots of trial and error with plenty of rubber products in my Subaru's. When I got my truck, rather than go through all that again, I just took a long shot on the W.T.'s, and glad I did.

Kimsc321, what did you think of the Weathertech's vs. the Mini Rubber ones in terms of area of coverage and thickness ?? Sounds like you would be in the perfect position to give a comparison specific to the Countryman.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Miniblue2
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My MA gave me the rubber. Said I should have them for the beach. I couldn't be happier.

Bill

Old 09-26-2011, 12:37 AM
John Richard
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Mini S rubber mats are first-rate. You'll be glad you got them. Far superior than anything else offered.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:45 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Most of the mats come from the same manufacturers, whether they have a car logo or a Weathertech logo on them. MINI gave me my all weathers and I like 'em just fine.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:50 AM
WMW
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Weathertech

Originally Posted by is_it_the_shoes
I think I am going to spring for WeatherTech's. Had them in my Truck and couldnt bee happier

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...1436&Year=2011

I would suspect the 2011 still fits the 2012s.
+1 for the Weathertech. The MINI mats look great and I do not like the iarge logo on the weathertech...but the weathertech have a much higher lip...great to keep snow and slush off the carpet.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:52 AM
is_it_the_shoes
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Sealy
Most of the mats come from the same manufacturers, whether they have a car logo or a Weathertech logo on them. MINI gave me my all weathers and I like 'em just fine.

I will have to kindly disagree with that in regards to the Weathertech. Although, I would believe that most rubber mats come from the same place, and car company's just throw their logo on them, this is certainly not the case for weathertechs. Completely different product in terms of material and shape. That would be sweet though, if Mini or any other brand did that with weathertechs, I'd be all of over that

I am sure the person who had them and then returned them a couple of posts up could tell you them same. I'll take some photos tonight of the ones in my truck to hopefully show you what I mean.

Not trying to say Weathertechs are the best, or better. I think Husky makes something similar in terms of custom fit, not sure of the material used though. Just tryin to give an alternative to the flexable rubber option for those looking for it.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Kimsc321
3rd Gear
@IsItTheShoes: The weathertech mat was little higher on the lip where it meets the floor and more grooves to catch all the dirt from the shoes but, not much. Also, noticed that Mini Rubber Mat has a valcro on the underside so that it won't slip under the clutch, brake and accelerator which I don't think weathertech had. I believe it's a must especially if you are driving a manual......All in all, decided to return the weathertech mat because of price ($160 vs free), Mini logo and velcro to complete the "look" of the original parts. I'm a happy camper!!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 11:49 PM
kgelner
4th Gear
Just as an alternative, you may want to consider Cocomats:

http://www.cocomats.com/

They have custom fit mats for the Countryman (all MINI variants really), they look great and are just as weather resistant as rubber mats (they have a rubber base and will also hold a fair amount of liquid if you are tracking in snow).

Here's a photo (the color is really black and light tan dots, but the lighting makes it look orange):

Old 09-28-2011, 02:00 AM
phoxx47
2nd Gear
+1 for coconuts.com. I chose sisal fiber ones an I'm very pleased. The will send swatches which was quite helpful in selecting material and color. A little more $ than competitors but mucho better quality.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:05 AM
WMW
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Kimsc321
@IsItTheShoes: The weathertech mat was little higher on the lip where it meets the floor and more grooves to catch all the dirt from the shoes but, not much. Also, noticed that Mini Rubber Mat has a valcro on the underside so that it won't slip under the clutch, brake and accelerator which I don't think weathertech had. I believe it's a must especially if you are driving a manual......All in all, decided to return the weathertech mat because of price ($160 vs free), Mini logo and velcro to complete the "look" of the original parts. I'm a happy camper!!!!
FYI ...never had a problem of the mat moving with any of my vehicles that use Weathertech. What I have always likes about them is they fit perfectly and the sides hug the wall of the vehicle. Also with the larger lip snow and mud does not slip behind the edge of the mat and on the carpet wall. They also wear like iron. I do think the MINI mats are better looking....but they do lose their sheen after some wear. In short in my opinion the Weathertech are better for wet protection and the others have the edge on looks.

Last edited by WMW; 09-28-2011 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
ATCQL
5th Gear
I have been using coco mats in my cars for 40 years,wouldn't have a car without them.Q

Old 09-30-2011, 09:04 PM
sirbikes
3rd Gear
Does anyone know if the Countryman rubber mats are the same as the Countryman S mats, other than logo and price?

Old 10-01-2011, 12:16 PM
WMW
3rd Gear
Mats

Originally Posted by sirbikes
Does anyone know if the Countryman rubber mats are the same as the Countryman S mats, other than logo and price?
From every pict II have seen I think they are the same.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:48 PM
KiwiRob
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sirbikes
I ordered the CM mats and they delivered the S mats, according to my dealer they are all S mats.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:40 PM
sirbikes
3rd Gear
How substantial are these mats, i.e., about how much do they weigh?

Originally Posted by kgelner
Just as an alternative, you may want to consider Cocomats:

http://www.cocomats.com/

They have custom fit mats for the Countryman (all MINI variants really), they look great and are just as weather resistant as rubber mats (they have a rubber base and will also hold a fair amount of liquid if you are tracking in snow).

Old 10-02-2011, 05:18 AM
Flyer53
5th Gear
I also was asked, and MA recommended the rubber mats, which I went with.
Thought I'd swap them out in the summer for a nicer feel/look. They have been perfect for all seasons.