R57 :: Cabrio Talk (2009+) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R57) discussion.

R57 Rear Fog Lights Not Working after shop visit

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Cooper's nurse
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Fog Lights Not Working after shop visit

I took my 2012 Cooper S convertible reluctantly to the Mini dealer in Kennesaw, GA. because of an engine light issue. I had them do several other routine items since my mechanic (husband) was out of town. He came home and went over the car and found several things wrong with the car which he proceeded to fix. One item that the Mini dealer said they could not repair was an intermittent left turn signal light. The failed light indicator came on intermittently and the turn signal would flash rapidly, my husband found a bad connection on the rear bulb socket which he fixed. The lights work normally now but the failed light indicator keeps coming on. Now the only lights that will not come on (since being at the dealership) are the rear fog lights. The owners manual says up on the switch turns on the front lights and down turns on the rear lights. Now the switch turns on the front lights when pressed either up or down. I don't know if this was a change or if it has always been this way. The light failed indicator always comes on now when starting the car since the shop visit. The bulbs are good, the lights are not getting any power. Does anyone think this could be a programming issue that was changed at the dealership? Would the failed light indicator come on if the programing was changed to remove the rear fog light function, or if the function was never activated in the first place? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You

Old 03-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
sounds like you are saying you don't know if the rear fogs were ever activated or working . . .

which makes me think thei car is new to you ....

there are ways to get your 'build sheet' to see what options were 'activated'

MINI is a lil weird in many ways and just ONE is you can have the buttons for options that are not on your car: like the bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel even when you don't have blue tooth and having the rear fogs present but not activated as an option . . .

Old 03-03-2019, 05:40 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 757 Likes on 618 Posts
You would have the double icons on the switch panel if the car was originally programmed from the factory.

Our shop is in Atlanta too and happy to help fix your issue as this should be fairly simple. If it just needs to be coded we can do that for $20

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more