R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 What items will delay production?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 03:55 PM
msh441
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What items will delay production?

Which R56 MINI options are not availible until March 2007 (or otherwise "coming soon")?

I am aware of the following (but I assume there is more):

-Nav Pack
-Hyper Sport Pack
-Audio Pack
-Aero Kit (individually/apart from the Hyper Sport package)
-Alarm System
-Sirrus Sat Radio (individually/out of Audio package)
-HD Radio (individually/out Audio of package)
-iPod Adaptor
-6-Disc CD Changer

Old 12-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Bolomitch
2nd Gear
I have heard rumors of a delay when ordering LSD.

I asked my MA about it and she was never able to confirm or deny this, so to be safe I opted to leave it off and go with leather interior.

I also saw on MINI2 that Nightfire Red was delayed, but that would only apply to the MC and no the MCS.

Other than that I don't know of anything else.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:28 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alarm System will delay?

Old 12-02-2006, 05:21 PM
msh441
6th Gear
Originally Posted by PezRadar
Alarm System will delay?
Well... maybe. MINI USA site lists it as "coming soon" and will not allow you to select it as an option in the configurator. I seem to recal that the stock imobilizer is still a stock item, though (could be wrong, though).

Originally Posted by Bolomitch
I have heard rumors of a delay when ordering LSD
I heard that about the LSD, too. Doesn't indicate that on MINI USA, though... so I'm hopeful (it's a "must-have" in my book).

Old 12-02-2006, 10:06 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
According to another member on this forum, pepper white won't be availabe until December.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:57 AM
JohnBLZ
5th Gear
I can't find anything out about LSD delaying an order..I was able to order fine...

but miniusa doesn't recognize my prod # as being anything other than an 07 BMW so far though...that kinda concerns me as the order was placed 11/29

Old 12-04-2006, 10:29 AM
vader
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JohnBLZ
but miniusa doesn't recognize my prod # as being anything other than an 07 BMW so far though...that kinda concerns me as the order was placed 11/29
I believe this is the case for all at this time. At least it has the color correct!

Old 12-04-2006, 03:24 PM
familiarstranger
6th Gear
nav system will delay

Old 12-04-2006, 04:00 PM
isellem
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
maunal transmissions on coopers... delayed till march

pepper white and LSDs are available.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:24 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Originally Posted by isellem
manual transmissions on coopers... delayed till march
Well that's a biggie!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 06:28 PM
isellem
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Well that's a biggie!!!
all of us at the dealership have had a good laugh about it!

Old 12-04-2006, 06:30 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
all of us at the dealership have had a good laugh about it!
Apparently Coopers in the UK are showing up with 6-speed manual trannys. Any thoughts as to why not here??

Old 12-05-2006, 03:33 AM
R56MCS
Banned
Definatley getting 6 speed tranny's in the UK, my MCS has one. Not aware ofany reason why the same tranny would not be in use in the US or of any problems that could lead to delayed orders.

UK cars were delayed by the storage pack (which also delayed multi cd players, the LSD (March) and many have been shipped without the ashtray lid (if you have the smorkers pack) as there is a supply problem. Lastly there is some problem with the metallic Nightfire red colour and this has been delyaed in the UK until March 07.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:22 AM
isellem
5th Gear
Originally Posted by R56MCS
Definatley getting 6 speed tranny's in the UK, my MCS has one. Not aware ofany reason why the same tranny would not be in use in the US or of any problems that could lead to delayed orders.

UK cars were delayed by the storage pack (which also delayed multi cd players, the LSD (March) and many have been shipped without the ashtray lid (if you have the smorkers pack) as there is a supply problem. Lastly there is some problem with the metallic Nightfire red colour and this has been delyaed in the UK until March 07.
the 6 speed in the 6 is differnt than the 6 speed in the Coopa.

thanks for the update though. It is nice to hear word from across the pond. And the Nightfire red is some good insight!

Old 12-05-2006, 07:29 AM
isellem
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
Apparently Coopers in the UK are showing up with 6-speed manual trannys. Any thoughts as to why not here??

They haven't given us a reason...

Honestly my guess is that they maybe having problems with the manual transmissions and they are stopping production of it to correct the issue... but who knows... it could just be a supply issue

Old 12-05-2006, 07:33 AM
resmini
6th Gear

Honestly my guess is that they maybe having problems with the manual transmissions and they are stopping production of it to correct the issue... but who knows... it could just be a supply issue
Hmm, maybe they should go back to the Midland 5-speed, there must be some laying around somewhere.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:39 AM
isellem
5th Gear
Originally Posted by resmini
Hmm, maybe they should go back to the Midland 5-speed, there must be some laying around somewhere.
lol...in pieces!

Old 12-27-2006, 08:10 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
So it seems like the Cooper S will be delayed due to leaking fuel pump. According to MF, this will not affect US production. However, the hyper sport package and audio package will be delayed until summer for the US. I'm praying to god the NAV won't be delayed.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:31 PM
surfblue
4th Gear
Are You People Sure You Don't Want A Mazda???

"my guess"... that's what you just posted. YOUR GUESS. Nothing to substantiate it, just YOUR GUESS. Tell us, where did you purchase your BMW CRYSTAL BALL??
The factory has just so much "stuff" (in this case, transmissions whether autos, six speeds, whatever) and they've decided which ones are going where. Simple as that.
Off with the rumors and "my guess" posts, kids!! IT DON'T MEAN SH*T!
BTW, at the newsstand today I read a terrific writeup of the 07 Minis in TOP GEAR MAGAZINE. Like the one pager I read in R/T or C/D from this side of the pond, THEY LOVED THE CAR.
Also, I got an email today from eastbaymini.com in Pleasanton, where my 07 has been ordered as of a week or two ago. They are taking orders for owner spec'd cars! Just in case you want to order... rather than speculate on why the sky is falling (in your mind).
As to the big "fuel pump scare of 06"... , it's a PARTS ISSUE. They found a bad batch. Some were installed already. It's a fuel pump. It's not like they're now having to chuck the entire engine design and all now built examples into the smelter. Get over it!
And a HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MANY POSITIVE THOUGHTS TO ALL YOU NEGATIVE NELLIES OUT THERE!!! See ya in the turns!

Old 12-28-2006, 09:11 AM
jmelrose
5th Gear
Remember, some of those parts (ie: iPod adapter) are dealer installs, so that can be spec'ed and added to the car later if need be.

I'm beyond frustrated with the audio issue. I don't get it, and I was really quite looking forward to getting Sirius in this car. Apparently the only way to get the lifetime (of the car) offer though is as a factory install. The dealers can install but no lifetime plan.

It's not just the lifetime either that's the sticking point. It's the cost advantage. HD Radio, PLUS Sirius, AND the Hi-Fi for 1400 is a GREAT deal. That's the part that really frustrates me is I either can get the deal but wait indefinitely to get the rest of the car, or take the car and get less than what I wanted to purchase. This is detail stuff. It should not be stuff that delays a car. A bad fuel pump, that I get. Mechanical issues pop up, sure. Delay it. But to have to wait on a radio?! Lame.

Potentially a lifetime plan can be bought after the one-year-free that comes with the dealer install, but I dunno. The dealer install apparently won't be available for quite a while after the factory.

So I dropped the option. Got the HiFi and iPod adapter and put the 800 I saved on not getting the Audio Package towards the Tuscan Leather seats. (I had ALREADY spec'ed the leather seats, but this is how I choose to eat my sour grapes.)

Btw: March is still a "go" for the Nav (according to my MA)
March is still go for MCS auto
March is still go for MC manual

Last edited by jmelrose; 12-28-2006 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Revised ranting.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:08 PM
oldbimmercoupe
1st Gear
and whats with no white over pepper white - insane. the two colors are as distinct as white over silver for crissakes. would love to configure it just to see if it would look cool - seems to me it would. oh well.
obc

Old 01-02-2007, 07:52 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
Originally Posted by oldbimmercoupe
and whats with no white over pepper white - insane. the two colors are as distinct as white over silver for crissakes. would love to configure it just to see if it would look cool - seems to me it would. oh well.
obc

you've never been able to get bright white on top of pepper white. nothing new.

back on topic -

ordering a JCW package w/auto trans will delay your production!