R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Mcs road trip!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 09:31 AM
Duddie10
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mcs road trip!!!!!

Hey guys and gals so I made the decision to take my 2010 MCS on a road trip from CT to Virginia Beach!!!! And let me say she ran like a top spent the last week in the twisties of VA.
What a woundful trip the car ran perfectly hard on the left leg if you know 95 traffic with a 6 speed but she can through unscaved. Got to see DC colonial Williamsburg, air and space Museum.
The trip did bring up a few flaws I found with the mini I have the sun roof and it need a full cover not jut the perforated screen. Also the suspension on my car has to be done it's still decent but it's at the end of it's life. Oh and the most important of all is I need an exhaust she's to quiet!!!!
So what's your longest trip in your mcs's?

Old 08-05-2016, 09:45 AM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Longest trip was St. Louis to Austin, TX and back. 13 hours each way no including bathroom and food breaks. I think my number one complaint was also the sunroof not having a fully opaque cover, for much of the trip the sun was high overhead and I couldn't do anything about it! I put some random papers inside the mesh to help diffuse the light but they kept shifting around. I also noticed a lot of buffeting in the sunroof even when closed, which would go away for a short while if I opened it and closed it quickly.

Austin was a blast, there are so many twisty roads in the suburbs that I hit, it was a real fun time.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:05 AM
NB Cooper
4th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
My longest trip has been from London Ontario to Moncton New Brunswick. 15 1/2 hours on a car I knew nothing about and bought based on internet pictures. It ran fine but was surprisingly rough (suspension and run flats) which made it really twitchy on rough sections of pavement. It was a both hands on the wheel type scenario at times which really cut into the snacking and coffee drinking I'm used to. Otherwise it ran fine and returned fuel economy far superior to my expectations. It also had an Alta CAI and an aftermarket blow off valve so it make loads of juvenile noises that at first I didn't like but eventually I grew to accept.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:01 AM
josean33
1st Gear
Not a MCS but a Justa. I just completed a 11 day road trip with my wife and daughter from South Florida to Quebec City and back with stops at Niagara Falls, Toronto and Montreal. We drove thru Georgia, North/South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, NY, NJ, MD and DE. It was a great experience with good fuel economy the best tank was 485 with 85 miles to go. In total I think we drove close to 4000 miles.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:34 AM
WrenchMonkey
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Currently on a road trip myself in my MCS. Just left Rhode Island Wednesday and currently in Ohio, I'm heading for Seattle and I'll be seeing Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone along the way, taking my sweet time. I'm literally braking in a brand new set of wilwood calipers and rotors, a KO3 quick spool turbo, fmic, 3" decatted downpipe and high flow cat, new muffler and new wheels and tires, ecu tuned by minimania. And a new 22mm rear sway bar with adjustable end links. I've only just gotten my baby off the jack stands about two weeks ago, it was a huge job but damn it was worth it.

This is before I got the trim back on but after most of the work.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
R56

Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great adventure. Please keep us posted. We'll be waiting for you on the west coast!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:50 AM
Duddie10
1st Gear
Originally Posted by WrenchMonkey
Currently on a road trip myself in my MCS. Just left Rhode Island Wednesday and currently in Ohio, I'm heading for Seattle and I'll be seeing Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone along the way, taking my sweet time. I'm literally braking in a brand new set of wilwood calipers and rotors, a KO3 quick spool turbo, fmic, 3" decatted downpipe and high flow cat, new muffler and new wheels and tires, ecu tuned by minimania. And a new 22mm rear sway bar with adjustable end links. I've only just gotten my baby off the jack stands about two weeks ago, it was a huge job but damn it was worth it.

This is before I got the trim back on but after most of the work.
Wow that's awesome!!!! I did that last year. Went from CT to San Fran and back took 2 full weeks polking around all the national parks and rt66. Wish I had the mini then would have been one hell of a trip with her hahaahaha