R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Does the H/K amp harness connector have anything to do with the windows?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 PM
kylerogowski
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the H/K amp harness connector have anything to do with the windows?

----------

Last edited by kylerogowski; 06-27-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:09 AM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerogowski
I read in a some of the threads when I was looking for a diagram to splice into for my line-level converter that the harness/amp control a lot in the car. I had the amp pulled out and I spliced into the ground, and the right left speaker, and reconnected everything. I didn't hook up a converter yet, the wires just got taped off and pinned out of the way for now. I went to my car a while later and tried to roll up the window (must have leaned on the keys and rolled it down a bit) and the one-touch function would not work. The passenger window works fine. I thought it was because it was pressing too hard against the door frame (had the dealer fix it a while back and its always squeaked but at least worked.

After that long winded intro, my basic question is will the dealer check that harness connector when diagnosing the window issue? If its my fault, I will deal with it, but if it doesn't have anything to do with that connector and they void my warranty because I spliced into the wires, I will pull those three wires out. -They go nowhere so I can't imagine anything is shorting out.

More info/testing I did:
It will roll all the way up with continuous pressure. (again, pass. window works fine)
with the door open, at first it would stop an inch short (continuous pressure it would still just stop) i had to keep flicking up on the toggle for it to move 1/16th of an inch.
If i shut the door I could roll it up the remainder of the way. still no one touch.

Has this ever happened before?
Should have nothing to do with the connector you spliced into. But if you did not disconnect the battery you may have corrupted the up/down info and if that is the case the car will have to be reprogramed. This is a very common problem on the 2007 thru 2010 cars. Newer years dont seem to have as much of a problem with this but it can still happen. Reprograming can be done by the dealer or you can search thru the Mods section and find out how to use NCS Expert and some other programing items to fix your car yourself. Of course if it is under warranty I would have the dealer do it first.