R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 2011 mcs most mini drivers are apple consumers

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:30 AM
the matey
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 mcs most mini drivers are apple consumers

I just found this video of a review of the 2011 mcs and I thought it was funny how he mentioned that most mini drivers own apple products. I know I do

I also disagree with his opinion on the interior I like the toggle switches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouaGgP1owOM

Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 AM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
I don't have a smart phone of any kind. For me, I just don't have a need for one. I do like the Bluetooth, but I could live without it.

If I were to get a smart phone, it wouldn't be an Apple, I just don't like the company and their need to control everything about their products after the sale.

Regarding interior idiosyncrasies, car reviewers in general should just stay quiet about a cars controls, unless they've spent a week with a car and given themselves time to get used to the car's layout. They are basically saying, "I don't like the car's controls, because they are different from my daily driver's controls."

Dave

Old 03-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Boosted_Mini
5th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I own an MCS and completely hate apple products.

OpenSource FTW.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:32 PM
onemcs
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini + Many Many apple products

Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't like apple products my self either.

So the unofficial count at this time here is:

Apple 2
Something else 3

Apple is way to controlling with their products after sale. Let me MOD it the way I want to not the way you say it has to be.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:41 PM
MINI11
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Boosted_Mini
I own an MCS and completely hate apple products.

OpenSource FTW.
Agree 100%

Old 03-28-2011, 12:45 PM
jcauseyfd
6th Gear
I wonder if MINI asked owners do they own Apple products or do they like Apple products. In my case, I do own an iPhone (relegated to the dust bin). But I don't like Apple products.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 PM
J_'09s
5th Gear
Android ftw.

apple: 2
something else: 6

Old 03-28-2011, 12:52 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
The majority of people under 40 own apple products, I mean almost everyone has an iPod or some derivative.

Apple ftw, by the way.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:55 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jcauseyfd
In my case, I do own an iPhone (relegated to the dust bin)
Really what a waste of money, try selling it. Hell you can still get $74 for the original iPhone on Gazelle.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:24 PM
TheCheatOSX
3rd Gear
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Current Apple count: iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPad 1, iMac at home, old iMac in the garage, AppleTV 2, Mac Pro at work, Apple Xserve at work. I have one app that I have to run VM Windows for at work and hate every minute of it.

I would quit my job if they made me go back to PC.

For the last several years I've refused to work on my friends/families PCs. Every time they complain about their PC not working right I tell them to buy a Mac.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:30 PM
murdoc
3rd Gear
I have an iPod, iPhone 3G, and I want a Mac. I much rather work on my Linux Ubuntu machine at home, but since I play a lot of MMORPG's, and I can't get Rift to work on Linux. . . . yet I have to keep a Windows reboot box too.

I have heard that once you go Mac, you never go back!

I tried using an Android powered smart phone when we left AT&T and moved to T-Mobile, but ended up hacking my iPhone to use on T-Mobile haha.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:33 PM
the matey
4th Gear
when I was growing up I didn't like apple in fact I didn't know anybody who did, we always had to use them at school. I am 18 now and I own a lot of apple products. It is really weird to see how much everything has changed. Yes I do think the company is a little questionable at times, but I think they make a good quality product.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:38 PM
MINI11
3rd Gear
Being part owner of a software company, I've built my entire career and living on Microsoft products. I own a Zune for music primarily, and I avoid Apple products like the plague (because simply put, as a software architect for 18 years in the "business" world, Macs are useless and no typical corporate environment has them, save for a few people in "artist" roles if that).

Sadly however, last night I actually placed an order for a 4th generation iPod Touch, because our new generation of products have some very mobile components -- and many of our customers do have iPads mounted in their vehicles and whatnot, and also many have iPhones. I needed something to test our applications on easily (the emulators suck), so I'll be writing that sucker off on 2011 taxes. I may try and use it for music in the MINI and see if it works with the iPod cable I paid for along with my Bluetooth. I had to hack the registry on one of my Windows 7 64-bit boxes just to get iTunes installed, LOL. The stuff is a POS and I haven't even gotten the device yet!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:48 PM
pheatton
5th Gear
Love the Mini and loathe Apple products. I will keep my HTC Thunderbolt thank you.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:18 PM
claud
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MINI11
Being part owner of a software company, I've built my entire career and living on Microsoft products. I own a Zune for music primarily, and I avoid Apple products like the plague (because simply put, as a software architect for 18 years in the "business" world, Macs are useless and no typical corporate environment has them, save for a few people in "artist" roles if that).

Sadly however, last night I actually placed an order for a 4th generation iPod Touch, because our new generation of products have some very mobile components -- and many of our customers do have iPads mounted in their vehicles and whatnot, and also many have iPhones. I needed something to test our applications on easily (the emulators suck), so I'll be writing that sucker off on 2011 taxes. I may try and use it for music in the MINI and see if it works with the iPod cable I paid for along with my Bluetooth. I had to hack the registry on one of my Windows 7 64-bit boxes just to get iTunes installed, LOL. The stuff is a POS and I haven't even gotten the device yet!
I think you will find that the dock connector on your latest version Ipod Touch is not compatible with the MINI Ipod connector. My son has one and for some odd reason they changed it

For the record. 1 MINI, 2 Ipods and 1 Ipad 2 on order.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Bigprfed22
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
iphone 4 thats it... i work with pc's so i can go to a mac unless its using VM windows or Fusion

Old 03-28-2011, 02:31 PM
MP1.6T
4th Gear
Reading this on a Mac...

receiving it from an AirPort... Moved the household to Mac's w/ first kid's college entry two years ago Macs seem to dominate the college campuses here in CA now, and with a marked increase year over year the past three years as I watched it from Dell's and other various PC's. Figure that's an indictor of things to come.

Desktop PC is gathering dust in case I need it--both Audi and Mini (BMW) factory supported documentation remain only in the PC world; about the only app I don't have a decent work around for.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:49 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have an iPod touch, it's handy. I have a beat up blackberry for my phone, it would be nice to consolidate to a smartphone but it's not worth the expense to me. Apple products are fine as far as tablets and smartphones go, but I wouldn't use a Mac, too "locked down" for my taste, not to mention I don't like the image of the turtleneck clad cult following fanboys.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:57 PM
MotorMouth
6th Gear
can't stand apple. I won an ipad and sold it on craigslist the next day.

this thread should have a poll

Old 03-28-2011, 03:00 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINI11
I own a Zune
So your the one guy,

Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Bigprfed22
iphone 4 thats it... i work with pc's so i can go to a mac unless its using VM windows or Fusion
Um, all mac's are built on Pentium chips no (have been for like 7 years now) and all can run windows via Boot Camp.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:14 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dannyhavok
I don't like the image of the turtleneck clad cult following fanboys.
Both Windows and Mac have there fanboys (yes the mac ones are easily recognizable in their turtle necks) but the most ignorant are the ones that hate simply because of image and have no actual experience on/with a specific product.

Apple was the laughing stock of the computer world for ten plus years, and was on the verge of bankruptcy, they turned that around to become one of the biggest innovators in the world, and a model for every other technology co. (and along the way brought MS to its knees, lol)

Old 03-28-2011, 03:20 PM
CarJon
2nd Gear
Apple products since the beginning - Apple II to be exact. Now only iPhone, iTouch a couple of Apple laptops.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:23 PM
MINI11
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by claud
I think you will find that the dock connector on your latest version Ipod Touch is not compatible with the MINI Ipod connector. My son has one and for some odd reason they changed it
Yeah this is my suspicion as well. I'll try it anyway...

Quick Reply: R56 2011 mcs most mini drivers are apple consumers