R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Cream Line / piano black / sport seat combo photos?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 01:49 PM
dhoosee
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cream Line / piano black / sport seat combo photos?

I'm anxiously building my MCS online but have reached a stopping point: I'm going for the piano black/cream line interior trim combo, but was going to do it with the MCS' standard leatherette sports seats (which, I believe, only come in black with the gray accents). I would like to get all black leatherette sport seats, as I think the gray might clash with the whole black/white scheme that I'm shooting for (unfortunately, lounge leather is not an option for me...).

My questions are:
  1. Are the leatherette seats available all black? I know that cloth seats are, but I'd prefer the leatherette.
  2. Does anyone have a photo or two of the combination that I am looking for that they could either post or lead me to? I combed all of the 2007+ Mini photos (144 pages) and came up with one photo where the seats were hardly visible.
  3. Any other suggestions ??? (go on, I can take criticism!)
Will be ordering PW/B with the piano black/cream line interior as the whole package.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the cream color line and piano black trim in my PW/B MCS, however I have the lounge leather (can include a photo if you want). Have you seen the leatherette seats in person? They are not available in all black, but the gray really does not stand out much.
Definitely sounds like a solid interior choice in combination with your exterior.

Oh, you didn't mention anything about it, but one suggestion is to definitely go for the anthracite headliner with that combination.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:24 PM
STLMINI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Dubaian
4th Gear
Old 04-25-2008, 05:14 PM
dhoosee
3rd Gear

Dub-

Looks beautiful! There again, though, is that HOT, sexy, unbelievable lounge leather.....great stuff, but a little too pricey for me.

Thank you for sharing and taking the time to post. I'll add the photo to my picture collection!

D

Old 04-25-2008, 05:18 PM
dhoosee
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Msteadman
I have the cream color line and piano black trim in my PW/B MCS, however I have the lounge leather (can include a photo if you want). Have you seen the leatherette seats in person? They are not available in all black, but the gray really does not stand out much.
Definitely sounds like a solid interior choice in combination with your exterior.

Oh, you didn't mention anything about it, but one suggestion is to definitely go for the anthracite headliner with that combination.

Msteadman-

I do believe that you had a pic or two out there that I snagged and was drooling over to begin with! Your car looks wonderful. Sure wish that I could go with the LL, but it's a little more than I had intended to spend. I saw a couple of photos in your picture gallery, so that helped a lot.

Who knows...maybe things will change!

Thank you for posting...I really appreciate it.

D

Old 04-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dhoosee
Msteadman-

I do believe that you had a pic or two out there that I snagged and was drooling over to begin with! Your car looks wonderful. Sure wish that I could go with the LL, but it's a little more than I had intended to spend. I saw a couple of photos in your picture gallery, so that helped a lot.

Who knows...maybe things will change!

Thank you for posting...I really appreciate it.

D
Thanks for the compliments! Agreed that LL is quite pricey. I love it, but if my budget was any stricter it would easily have been the one option I'd cut.
Not to make you drool any more so, but here are a few pics that aren't in my gallery of the combination

Another suggestion I'd make is to go for the chrome line interior with that combination. Granted I've never seen the cream color line and piano black without it (or the anthracite headliner for that matter) but IMO, they're essential.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:22 PM
penguinpwrdbox
Banned
It doesn't clash. I have that exact combo. Can't take pics now because it's raining, but trust me when I say that the gray is quite dark.

I love my leatherette, because you can beat the hell out of it. It'll never be as sexy as the punch leather, though^^^

Also, like steadman - Chromeline is the only way to live

Old 04-25-2008, 06:59 PM
dhoosee
3rd Gear
Thanks for the tip, Penguin! Glad to see that someone else has the combo that I'm thinking about.

If you could post a picture or two to this thread, that would be great, as I am hoping to place my order this coming week. I've been to my dealer no less than 5 times within the last 2 weeks just to check out interiors, rims, etc. I love the look of your car....PW/B is awesome!

Thanks for the answer.....

Old 04-25-2008, 07:13 PM
penguinpwrdbox
Banned
So, bear in mind that these are taken with a flash. They really aren't this grey in person.

Also, my car is filthy. Sorry

Old 04-25-2008, 07:16 PM
dhoosee
3rd Gear
Penguin, you are the BEST! You could have waited until tomorrow, you know....

I'll sleep better tonight knowing that I'll be sticking w/the sports seats. Thanks for the light-speed response!

D

Old 04-25-2008, 07:23 PM
penguinpwrdbox
Banned
Penguin, you are the BEST! You could have waited until tomorrow, you know....

I'll sleep better tonight knowing that I'll be sticking w/the sports seats. Thanks for the light-speed response!

D

Happy to help.

And when you get it - http://chicagominimotoringclub.com

Come out and play!

Old 04-25-2008, 07:29 PM
dhoosee
3rd Gear
Will do, Thanks!

Old 04-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Penguin, totally random question but I just have to ask - Is the chrome ring missing from your tachometer???

Oh and your interior looks quite nice, by the way. I never thought the leatherette would look so good with that combo

Old 04-25-2008, 09:07 PM
penguinpwrdbox
Banned
Penguin, totally random question but I just have to ask - Is the chrome ring missing from your tachometer???

Oh and your interior looks quite nice, by the way. I never thought the leatherette would look so good with that combo
Yeah, it is. Long story. Basically, my dealer lied to my face and tried to screw me, so I made them comp me the chromeline. They didn't have the tach, and I haven't had occasion to get back there to have them install it yet.

Good eye - and thanks!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:26 AM
harley0711
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Do NOT Forget to get the Dark head liner - make a BIG difference.... Looks really sharp

Old 04-26-2008, 11:33 AM
penguinpwrdbox
Banned
Originally Posted by harley0711
Do NOT Forget to get the Dark head liner - make a BIG difference.... Looks really sharp
Yeah, this is true. It should be said, though, that if you don't go with a loud colorline (white, red, yellow) - the gray headliner is actually pretty great. It brightens the interior a lot. You really have to make a decision on that in person, though...

Old 04-26-2008, 11:39 AM
harley0711
5th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by penguinpwrdbox
Yeah, this is true. It should be said, though, that if you don't go with a loud colorline (white, red, yellow) - the gray headliner is actually pretty great. It brightens the interior a lot. You really have to make a decision on that in person, though...

I do agree about it being something you need to see in person... EB Mini did NOT have any on the lot - I drove to Sac just to see one - it took just 5 seconds inside to convince me that the darker was the way to go... side by side the dark is WAY cool looking... buts thats me...

BTW - back in Nov of 07 while at Sac - the sales person tried to steal me from EB - I said OK - what is your price if I order "right now" Bang $1000 add on fee - I laughed and said I would stay with EB - they said we could "talk" about the fee ???? I was not impressed with Sac...

anyway, back to the headliner... check it out - but you love the dark...

Old 04-26-2008, 11:57 AM
penguinpwrdbox
Banned
Yeah, the anthracite was required, for me. YMMV.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Yeah, it is. Long story. Basically, my dealer lied to my face and tried to screw me, so I made them comp me the chromeline. They didn't have the tach, and I haven't had occasion to get back there to have them install it yet.

Good eye - and thanks!
It's the OCD, couldn't help but to notice.
That's really good that your dealer (at least attempted to) made things right in the end.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:54 PM
penguinpwrdbox
Banned
It's the OCD, couldn't help but to notice.
That's really good that your dealer (at least attempted to) made things right in the end.
Yeah, they had no choice.

I made my MA throw in the autodimming mirror when I bought the car. Brought it in to have it installed, and was blinded repeatedly on the way home. Called to ask if it needed to be calibrated, etc. the next day. The Service Advisor told me that "the tech shone a flashlight into it, and it worked fine. Should be no problem."

Came to find out that my car's wiring loom wasn't compatible with the mirror, and it was never actually connected to the car. So they just straight out lied to me. They got it all sorted, but not before I'd chewed through the service mgr, the sales managers, the dealer veep, and MINI USA.

Old 04-26-2008, 06:25 PM
dhoosee
3rd Gear
I love my leatherette, because you can beat the hell out of it. It'll never be as sexy as the punch leather, though^^^

Also, like steadman - Chromeline is the only way to live
I went to my dealer this afternoon (Bill Jacobs, Naperville) and drooled over cars for an hour or so. You were right....even in the sunlight, the gray was barely noticeable, and the seats looked almost black. I was considering trying black cloth (the checked pattern is kinda cool) but the MA said that he "wouldn't recommend it", as the cloth is much more difficult to clean than the leatherette (no kidding....). The solid black did look cool, though. Do you know anyone with cloth, and what is their experience?

I also got to sit in a black punch leather car as well (with the anthracite headliner, which is sweet), and it smelled and looked GREAT! However, for $1500, I cant really justify it in my own mind...vinyl will be just fine for now. Besides, by the time you add the cream line and piano black options, you're up to $2000, and in "Lounge Leather Land".

One other note from my field trip today: The Lounge Leather seating is beautiful, but I saw someone's car that had it in for service, and it looked like the leather on the horizontal seating surface was puckering up near a couple of the seams. I guess that it's bound to look "used" after a while, just because it's such a large flat, barren area. Little cracks and creases are bound to appear. I think that a puckering seat would drive me crazier than a little bit of gray!

I'm 99% certain that I'm going for the leatherette seats. Thanks again for your help, Penguin & Msteadman!

D

Old 05-21-2008, 05:15 PM
penguinpwrdbox
Banned
So, bear in mind that these are taken with a flash. They really aren't this grey in person.

Also, my car is filthy. Sorry
Took the pics in this post down, and was requested to post them back up. Here are some better ones, in the daylight

Sadly, the car is still really dirty

Old 05-21-2008, 05:17 PM
sarafil
4th Gear

Dub-

Looks beautiful! There again, though, is that HOT, sexy, unbelievable lounge leather.....great stuff, but a little too pricey for me.

Thank you for sharing and taking the time to post. I'll add the photo to my picture collection!

D
Keep in mind that the $250 for the color line and the $250 for piano black are included with the cost of leather... so the $1500 leather is really only $1000 extra, and the $2000 leather is only $1500 extra.

I think that interior looks great, but share your concern about creme white + piano black with leatherette due to the grey accents.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:20 PM
penguinpwrdbox
Banned
Originally Posted by sarafil
Keep in mind that the $250 for the color line and the $250 for piano black are included with the cost of leather... so the $1500 leather is really only $1000 extra, and the $2000 leather is only $1500 extra.

I think that interior looks great, but share your concern about creme white + piano black with leatherette due to the grey accents.
If you see above, you can't even notice it. They are very, very dark.

Quick Reply: R56 Cream Line / piano black / sport seat combo photos?