R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 2010 MINI Clubman S please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2023, 05:56 PM
ShawnR55lover
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 MINI Clubman S please help!!!!

Hello everyone, i have a 2010 Mini Clubman S and recently i've been having some issues with it. One day heading home it started running extremely rough and stuttering when i try to accelerate. If it push down on the gas hard enough it will stop stuttering and accelerate. It has now gone into limp mode with the half engine symbol...I got gome and inspected my engine bay and noticed that my PCV hose had collapsed and had a whistle. After replacing the hose with a new one tne problem still exsisted. I then replaced the valve cover thinking that the PCV went bad and still no luck! Im getting a P2096 code as well as a P0300 code and codes for misfire in all cylinders. The car sounds fine in Park when idling but when i put it in drive it immediately starts to idle rough and starts making a beating noise. Kind of like a really fast dodododo sound. I really need help trying to figure this out. What could this be? Spark plugs ans coils have been changed recently also... thanks i have the N14 engine btw

Last edited by ShawnR55lover; 03-10-2023 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Adding detail
Old 04-02-2023, 05:30 PM
keduMINI
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ShawnR55lover
...2010 Mini Clubman S and recently...having some issues. One day ... it started running extremely rough and stuttering when i try to accelerate. If it push down on the gas hard enough it will stop stuttering and accelerate.
This a typical symptom of an air intake leak related to the next comment. Other forum users please correct me if wrong.

I'm getting a P2096 code
Check intake hose clamps (for air leaks) and O2 sensors for proper tightness.

I... noticed my PCV hose had collapsed and had a whistle. After replacing the hose with a new one the problem still existed.
Was this an original MINI hose or rubber hose that was retrofitted? Which of the 2 PCV hoses are you referring to? I cannot imagine the original PCV hoses (rear one plastic that is under 'vacuum' at idle - i.e., closed throttle - and the front one is a thick-walled rubber tube that feeds boost pressure collapsing). The original plastic hose was susceptible to cracking, so many owners replaced with a rubber hose -- but in my experience, the rubber hoses would collapse and restrict airflow. However, if your PCV hoses are now intact, then check all other air management hoses.