R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Need suggestions for collision repair in Boston area

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:29 PM
zeddy
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need suggestions for collision repair in Boston area

My poor 2008 mellowyellow Clubman (with only 15K miles on it) got hit while parked on the street outside my house two nights ago. Hit hard enough that the other car which was traveling uphill (quite steep) rolled over after striking my rear driver side wheel and quarter panel.
On the surface there is no other visible damage to the Clubman. However the wheel is now angled inward indicating rear axle damage. "Armchair quarterback" analysis from many of the neighbors that gathered for this proclaimed my car 'totaled', as did the operator of the flatbed that took it away.
The field assessor from insurance will come look at the Clubman on monday morning and then we'll go from there for repairs or totaling it.
My question, in case it is the repair route, does anyone have recommendations for collision repair shops in Boston. Ideally keeping in it in the Boston/Quincy/Cambridge/Somerville area. There are zillions of shops in that spread, it shouldn't be necessary to go further out than that.

Thanks,
Zeddy

UPDATE: it's been a long time but just in case someone else from Boston comes looking for a recommendation.... I had my Clubman repaired at SUSI's autobody on Freeport St in Dorchester (http://www.susiautobody.com/) . They were fantastic. Amazing. Right from the start I was impressed--their physical plant is large, clean, organized and modern. The office staff were so professional and so nice. Every time I stopped by (was on my dog-walk route) they would update me and take me to see the progress. The mechanics were happy to keep me in the loop. They brought it back to factory specs. I've been driving it for a year+ (but admittedly for me that's only 5K miles; I used my bicycle mostly) and it handles just fine. And all of the visible damage was repaired so you'd never know it. I can't recommend them enough!!! Whether you live in Dot or not they are worth checking out.

Ace's AutoBody on Tenean St, Dot. was also highly recommended for work on performance cars. They were convenient to me but they don't work on Minis. As mentioned by a response below DeLeo's in Cambridge is also supposed to be good...just not as nearby to me.

Attached Thumbnails Need suggestions for collision repair in Boston area-img_2736.jpg   Need suggestions for collision repair in Boston area-img_2735.jpg   Need suggestions for collision repair in Boston area-img_2737.jpg  

Last edited by zeddy; 10-15-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:44 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Zeddy,

Contact Pete at Greasy's Garage. I'm sure that he will know of someone reputable that you can trust.

http://www.greasysgarage.com/main/

I used to drive from the Cape to visit Pete for both of my cars. Tell him Will sent ya!

Old 06-17-2011, 07:06 PM
TimL
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by daflake
Zeddy,

Contact Pete at Greasy's Garage. I'm sure that he will know of someone reputable that you can trust.

http://www.greasysgarage.com/main/

I used to drive from the Cape to visit Pete for both of my cars. Tell him Will sent ya!
+1 from Lowell

Old 06-17-2011, 08:21 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just an FYI, but MOT is going on right now and all of them are up near Mt. Washington. So you will not be able to get ahold of them until Monday.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 PM
ChristieY
2nd Gear
I haven't been here personally (thank goodness, never have needed to have that kind of work done) but I have heard good things about this place called Deleo's in Cambridge:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/deleos-auto-...ry:auto%20body

Good luck! I hope your clubbie gets fixed up soon!

Old 06-20-2011, 01:38 PM
CooperSJohn
1st Gear
any word yet on whats going to happen with your clubman?

Old 07-03-2011, 07:10 PM
isthar
5th Gear
Use High Tech auto body near the alewife rotary, behind whole foods. I've always gone to them, they do high end cars primary and we did a black MINI with them and had no complaints.