R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Strollers, Car seat and baby oh my

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 04:05 PM
MiniMomGold
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strollers, Car seat and baby oh my

Are there any Clubman owners out there with children in car seats? I have a Mini now, but I like the space of the Clubman. I just can't picture a stroller in there.

Thanks!

Old 05-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Clubman
Neutral
I am an average build guy, married to an above average height wife (5'9"), and we have two kids, 3 and 7 both still in car seats, all of us fit nicely in the clubman, and the right stroller will be no problem, my wife has a thing about strollers... we've gone through about six, singles, doubles, three wheel off roady thingies... I believe that all but the doubles will fit behind the rear seat. I'm sure most dealers wouldn't mind you throwing one in on the showroom floor for a fit test as long as you dumped out all of the cheerio's and gold fish.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:14 PM
OWG
5th Gear
We are past the stroller stage, and our Mountain Buggy Urban would have been a challenge, but the basic Peg Perego folding umbrella stroller would be completely manageable.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:25 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes. Big 18 month old toddler. Check my gallery and feel free to ask any questions!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coolminis/

Old 05-21-2008, 05:17 PM
MiniMomGold
1st Gear
WOW! The info you all provided was most helpful! The funny part is I have a Peg Perego, but it's the P3; that said, I'm sold.

Is the keyless ignition standard or extra. I thought I remebered the sales person saying it was standard. Are they still taking premium?

Lastly, ClubmanS, how does your son like his mini Mini? We've been debating getting one for our son.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MiniMomGold
WOW! The info you all provided was most helpful! The funny part is I have a Peg Perego, but it's the P3; that said, I'm sold.

Is the keyless ignition standard or extra. I thought I remebered the sales person saying it was standard. Are they still taking premium?

Lastly, ClubmanS, how does your son like his mini Mini? We've been debating getting one for our son.
1) Keyless "entry" is standard equipment on all Clubmans (As your ability to remotely unlock/lock the doors and open the rear barn doors) as well as DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) is also yet another safety feature standard only on the Clubman lineup.

2) "Comfort Opening" refers to the ability to unlock the car doors and start the engine by means of proximity to the vehicle. You can unlock the doors just by standing next to the car. You can also start the engine by having the key in your purse or shirt pocket without having to insert it in the ignition slot (Remember that the new MINIs don't have the traditional key ignition of the previous model). This feature is optional and goes for $500 extra. One caveat with Comfort opening: The keys use batteries and they do not recharge when inserted in the ignition slot. If you DON'T order comfort opening, your keys will have rechargable batteries. Something to think about

3) My son LOVES riding in any of our 2 MINIS. he was brought home from the hospital in my wife's '02 MC (Which the Clubman replaced 3 months ago). I also have a 2005 MCS. All he has ever ridden in are MINIs. He has done tons of roadtrips (Including 2 to DisneyWorld). The family rides closer together and we all have fun together

The Clubman is a GREAT family car. The stroller you see in the boot of the Clubman is the Combi EX. We also have the Peg perego Aria that fits in all MINIs. The car seat is a Britax Boulevard with "true side protection" technology, good up to 65 pounds. Super comfy and easy to install/remove thanks to the superior Britax LATCH system.

There are 3 more inches extra rear legroom and about 1-2 inches more shoulder room for rear passengers. BIG DIFFERENCE. Also since he sits higher in the back he has full view of the road. I have ridden right next to him in the back seat and wow what fun it is.

Also the boot is 9.2 cubic feet with both seats up. The boot in the Clubman is nearly double the size of the standard MINI. You also have a true flat floor loading cargo floor and 2 extra compartments below the cargo floor for added space. There are pockets inside each of the rear barn doors to store smaller items.

This car is a blast! What are you waiting for?

Last edited by ClubmanS; 05-21-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Here is my Clubman S road trip report from earlier this month:

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=139008

Old 05-21-2008, 06:35 PM
MiniMomGold
1st Gear
SWEET!
Thanks for the info!