R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Too Much Hassle To Get My Hands on a Clubman???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Deutsch
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Much Hassle To Get My Hands on a Clubman???

With the more research I do it seems like hell will freeze over before you can get your hands on a brand new MINI, either waiting for an excessively long time or getting ripped off on price. The latter I don't care about as much as there are M.S.R.P. dealers, but with the talk of cutting back on Clubman production numbers for the U.S. market and making sure the rest of the world has allocation... this just all seems a little bit much.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:41 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some folks buy from out-of-state dealers who have space in their allocations....but even then it might actually get to where it was with getting an MCS years ago (rediculously long waits). I suspect that even dealers get cars from other dealers...I saw a whole shipment of '08s leave from a local dealer headed for California. Not sure what that was all about.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:00 AM
dlpruk
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Deutsch
...but with the talk of cutting back on Clubman production numbers for the U.S. market and making sure the rest of the world has allocation...
My UK car was delayed by six weeks so that Cowley, or Plant Oxford as MINI call the works, could fill lots of ships with launch Clubmen for the US and Australia so isn't any cut-back now just relative to this peak?

Old 02-16-2008, 04:15 AM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
The wait doesn't seem any different than the others I've ordered. We ordered our Clubbie on Jan 30, it was built feb 9th and should be here mid March. MSRP all the way. Order from a good dealer in the middle of the country.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:44 AM
astra
4th Gear
I ordered my clubman in Dec from a dealer in LA at MSRP.. it was built Jan 19th and I expect to take delivery shortly after it arrives in California feb 27th...

Old 02-16-2008, 05:24 AM
WHM
2nd Gear
I Was Taken

My local dealer has had several Clubman in stock for over a week. Stopped in yesterday and there is the showroom was a Hot Chocolate with Hot Chocolate Lounge Leather interior. What a beautiful car!! Almost bought it but was a Mini and not a Mini S. Ordered the same exact car in the S version and can not wait until it arrives. The dealer has several Clubman sold but could not deliver until today.... February 16th... official release day !! While playing on the Mini site I checked on the Hot Chocolate but was not impressed but in person it's a whole different story.. as of this morning my production order list the car as British Racing Green but understand this takes a few days to correct?

Old 02-16-2008, 12:26 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
At the Clubman launch party yesterday at Sandia Mini, the announcer guy say that out of the approximately 45k Minis coming to the US this year, about 8 will be Clubmans. We will see how the general public react to them.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Deutsch
3rd Gear
Is there a thread-sticky dedicated to M.S.R.P. dealers here?

Old 02-17-2008, 01:19 PM
ripperj
Neutral
At the Clubman launch party yesterday at Sandia Mini, the announcer guy say that out of the approximately 45k Minis coming to the US this year, about 8 will be Clubmans. We will see how the general public react to them.Yesterday 08:24 AM
8?

Old 02-17-2008, 02:00 PM
ftttuhzbmcs
5th Gear
Ripperj, I need to proof read better. "8K". I would have thought it would be way higher than just 8,000.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:38 PM
tim781996
6th Gear
Don't know, but MINI of Peabody in Mass. doesn't charge any more than MSRP.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Mark Kurzius
3rd Gear
there are plenty of cars available in So. Cal,getting one right now for MSRP may be a difficult,I would call around,you can certainly order one and get your car at MSRP from a few dealers,the problem being there allocations,probably may or june deliveries.Saw the car yesterday at Alexander,they have a few,but they are charging over MSRP....I bought my car there and they were great,Shep Nelson is the manager.Maybe towards the month end they might loosen up a little,gotta sell those units...you might try So. Bay and long Beach..they typically sell at list...good luck and good hunting

Old 02-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Deutsch
3rd Gear
Decided I'm going to wait until after 4-5 years (for various reasons) to buy a Clubman S, by then things will be different I'm sure in one respect or another. I had this discussion with a friend and he questioned if the Clubman will even still be around by then (silly, but I can imagine a lot of people thinking flying cars will be on sale by then and the automotive market will be completely different then too).

Old 02-18-2008, 03:40 PM
miniclubman
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I live on Long Island, and I test drove and ordered a Clubman on Friday, at MSRP, with no additional fees or add-ons. Sorry to hear that some California dealers are not content with MSRP, but I guess that happens every time a new model for any brand rolls-out. Remember the PT Cruisers at $10k above sticker? Seems like a joke now, but people paid it.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:17 PM
WHM
2nd Gear
With the more research I do it seems like hell will freeze over before you can get your hands on a brand new MINI, either waiting for an excessively long time or getting ripped off on price. The latter I don't care about as much as there are M.S.R.P. dealers, but with the talk of cutting back on Clubman production numbers for the U.S. market and making sure the rest of the world has allocation... this just all seems a little bit much.
Ordered mine on Friday 2/15/2008. Owner's lounge stated my Mini is on order Sunday 2/17/2008. Today Monday 2/18/2008 on line says schedule for production. Today my salesman called and said it would be here around the middle of March. Can't beat that

Old 02-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WHM
Ordered mine on Friday 2/15/2008. Owner's lounge stated my Mini is on order Sunday 2/17/2008. Today Monday 2/18/2008 on line says schedule for production. Today my salesman called and said it would be here around the middle of March. Can't beat that
Wow...that's not a bad wait at all. Congrats

What dealer did you go to?

Old 02-18-2008, 08:47 PM
mikeg4572
5th Gear

I was just at MINI North Scottsdale, AZ they had 2 Clubman S's in stock @MSRP!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Sithor
2nd Gear
The dealership I bought my Cooper from has plenty of allocation it seems, my MA Steve keeps bugging me about trading in my truck for one. I said no but the way you guys are talking maybe I should. He was telling me he had like 7 spots or something for Clubmans he can get in April. I'm waiting to see the Hot Chocolate S they get in at the end of this month cause it's one that isn't sold and that I can drive.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:53 PM
club(wo)man
3rd Gear
Long Beach MINI had a few when I was there on Saturday to buy mine. I think you can find one of you look around. (by you, i mean anyone reading this thread thinking about buying a Clubman.)

A Long Beach MINI MA told someone on the phone while I was standing there that they always charge MSRP. I was very happy with their service. My MA, Jerry, took great care of me.

I'm very happy with mine. very.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:22 PM
911Fan
6th Gear
Call around and don't be afraid to check dealers in neighboring states. Air fares are cheap and it makes for a great Mini-vacation when you pick up the car and drive it back. All you have to do is get it smogged and pay any difference in the tax rate to CA. This applies to buying off the lot or ordering.

If you have the luxury of time, you might consider ordering it from a dealer on the opposite end of the country. Fly out and drive it back. Great way to see the beautiful USA and get to know the car and you wind up at home.