R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 GEEZ,... please read.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 10:44 PM
xbritt
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I LOVE MY MINI!!!!
No problems!
My favorite time of the day is driving it home.

Old 03-07-2003, 01:09 AM
flkmkr
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>I've heard of many problems with the Jetta, I have two friends that own them. One is definitely looking for another car and spits fire at the mention of his car. I guess my point is, any car can have problems.
>>

Had a 1999 Jetta VR6 and had to lemon-law it. My friend had a 2000 and had to do the same. My friends wife bought a Passat, because of my Jetta and the thing has been in the shop dozens of times.

My MCS has 3,000 miles on it and nothing is wrong with it that hasn't gone wrong with most of my cars. Minor rattles and squeeks, big deal...ever drive a new Honda. My solution is to never drive without a CD playing. At about half-volume there are no more squeeks.

For the price of admission you get a special car that comes wtih special treatment. Case-in-point is that I went to one of the trendiest night spots in Scottsdale, AZ which is a really busy place. Ferrari's, Lexus' and Porsche's pulled up to the valet as did I. When I came out of the club 3 hours later my bright yellow MINI was backed into the closest parking spot to the resturant. All the other cars were a block away in the valley lot.

Bring on the rattles and minor problems.

J.

Old 03-07-2003, 01:24 AM
flkmkr
2nd Gear
Oh, yeah. One of the best selling cars in the world is the Ford Focus, it also happens to be one of the biggest piles of **** the earth has ever seen. Ford is having some serious financial problems because of this car and I don't know, maybe the Mustang.

Sorry, for my uncensored language, but I think it's an extension of what most of us are feeling. If you're uncertain go to another forum. If, on the other hand, you have to go back into the garage one or twice to take one last night, night peak at your MINI before you go to bed (even when it's broken) then welcome and I'll see you on the more cheerful postings.

Love and torture,

J.

Old 03-07-2003, 02:35 AM
Gidget
3rd Gear
I love my GidgetMINI -- 7780 miles or so and not a problem [minus the b*tch in the VW bug that hit my bumper when she parked]

I love to drive this car - even in LA. Great on roadtrips, great handling, gas mileage, personality and just so much FUN. Almost everyone you see checking out your car has this GRIN on their face and that in itself is worth it. A car that makes people smile. Could be the sassy driver, too

I had 2 jettas, a 96 [no problems] and a 00 [no problems] I got lucky. I leased my jetta for 39 months so i timed it perfectly for the delivery of my Cooper.

You don't have as much space in the boot, but that means you have a clean car. It fits the rollerskates in a bag -- so that works for me.

I fit more packages in the back w/the seats down @ christmas time. I also like the option of keeping the back seats down.

As for pickup, speed and in general driving -- couldn't be better. Much quicker than the VW and the shifting is a breeze. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.

This car isn't for everyone, but you have to make that decision. Test drive it, check it out and really take it all in. I was going to purchase Gidget with or without a test drive, i knew this car was going to be mine.

:: i'm in love with my car ::

Old 03-07-2003, 01:31 PM
BMINI
3rd Gear
akil - I think your quote, "I WANT A MINI SO BAD" answers your own question. If you will be driving a new Jetta, but always regret not having a MINI every time you see one on the road, then I say GET THE MINI!! :smile: I think you have passion for the MINI. Not a lot of cars will do that to a person! As for problems, all cars have them. This site is helpful for learning about problems and their fixes. It's not meant to be a downer. For the most part, people solve their MINI probs and go right back to loving it. I do! Go check out some of the Member MINI galleries for inspiration!! :smile: