R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Got 3rd MINI propaganda pkg yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 10:42 AM
nerdigrrl
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We received our 3rd box of stuff from MINI yesterday. [I love this car!]

It included:
1) MINI luggage pamphlet [ho,hum]

2) CD-ROM with info on how to operate the car--kinda like the owner's manual and the unauthorized manual together in a cheap video production. It also includes several of the MINI mini-movies.
[now, this would have been more useful, maybe, 5 months ago when we first got the car. However, there were a few tidbits of info that we didn't figure out yet. And it looks like it was filmed in SF--which was cool for us to see our hometown based in this MINI brainwashing.]

3) and a MINI coffee mug to fit our teeny cup holders!!!!
yippee!!! now I can drink coffee on my way to work. yippee! I haven't trusted my (or others') driving skills to reach for my cup in the back holder while driving.

Okay, so I do feel a little cheap for being such a pushover for the MINI culture they push at us...but I love it even more!! We are still totally enamored by our Maxine and am thoroughly enjoying the culture and "love" that comes with this car.

any who...look out. there are more gifts from MINI on the way.

Old 11-03-2002, 10:55 AM
littlebluecoop1
1st Gear
Don't even think of feeling a victem of propaganda, what other vehicle is so unique that the parent company values our purchase of it's product that they shower us with gifts. Wow is that philosophical or what?

I, like you, think it's really cool - we are a unique group of folks and have chosen to display our uniqueness by owning one of the truly way coolest cars on the planet.

Keep the goodies coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2002, 11:51 AM
gross67
2nd Gear
We get gifts? I'm looking forward to that - but mostly I'm looking forward to getting my MINI in about a month!
Maybe they will send out first aid kits since so many people want them - or AT LEAST first aid kit boxes. Yes, would everyone like this? Reply and let us know - MINI reads these threads - maybe they will get the hint! :smile:

Cheers,
GROSS67

Old 11-03-2002, 01:45 PM
rygold
5th Gear
I think this might be another case of "Pity the poor Canucks".

Do any of you Canadian owners know if we get the presents, gifts and propoganda? I haven't heard about this from any of the Toronto area dealers. I'll let you know my experiences over the next couple of months. My MCS arrives this month (November Club member), and then I'll know for sure.

But in the meantime, how about it Canadian MINIheads - any surprises in the mail???

Got ATTITUDE? Get http://ShitDisturber.com. THE email with Attitude! GO Leafs GO

Old 11-03-2002, 03:16 PM
Mini-Matt
4th Gear
I got my package yesterday also. I thought the mug was nice, but did not care too much for the CD ROM.

My first package had the MINI pen, window cards and a few other things. these are the only two things I have recieved. What was in your other package?

Old 11-03-2002, 03:30 PM
justjohn
1st Gear
I think this might be another case of "Pity the poor Canucks".

Old 11-03-2002, 04:05 PM
RJSquirrel
3rd Gear
Just got the coffee mug yesterday. Thought it was a nice touch. I also received the unauthorized owner's manual last week. A month ago I got a stencil that says MINI PARKING ONLY. Months ago I got a pen and various note cards. Never got the T shirt I've seen others talk about. It's all pretty clever of BMW/MINI and fun getting this stuff. I do wish, though, that they spent as much effort with other things. .. still never received a notice from them on the shift linkage problem or on the cold start issue, which I understand they're addressing.

Old 11-03-2002, 08:41 PM
1lesssuv
2nd Gear
I was totally jazzed abou the mug. I knew they'd make one when they realized what a mistake they had made on the cupholder size, but I never thought they'd GIVE us one! I haven't tried it yet and am a bit concerned that it will actually go in & out with hot stuff inside without spilling but we'll see.
I was bummed the CD was not tunes for driving but when I finally got it to run I really enjoyed the little movies. We especially liked the "How did you ever get so..........." video. Our 2.5 year old daughter liked the clown one. Hope they play them on TV.
Under "Really Special Feature" or some such the CD notes that if you hold the lock button in the up position your windows and sunroof will open. I tried it today. No go. Any body else see/try this?

Old 11-04-2002, 04:43 AM
nashrunner
1st Gear
I purchased my mcs "used" (700 miles) and have sent in the "change of ownership" card. Do you think these fun gifts will come my way??? I hate to think the guy I bought it from (he wanted a 67 Corvette) is driving around with my cup! HA!

Old 11-04-2002, 04:57 AM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>> I was bummed the CD was not tunes for driving but when I finally got it to run I really enjoyed the little movies. We especially liked the "How did you ever get so..........." video. Our 2.5 year old daughter liked the clown one. Hope they play them on TV. >>>>

All of these videos are on the MINIUSA.com website.

>> Under "Really Special Feature" or some such the CD notes that if you hold the lock button in the up position your windows and sunroof will open. I tried it today. No go. Any body else see/try this?>>>>>

Your MINI must be programmed for this. Funny, but my MINI came programmed EXACTLY like I wanted it to be. All this and I took him home 2 hrs after he arrived at the dealer and they said they didn't have time to program him and that I'd have to bring him back in for that.

My MINI does the following:

Hold down remote open - sunroof and windows open (comfort opening)
Stick the key in and hold unlock - sunroof and windows open
Stick the key in and hold lock - sunroof and windows close
Doors, boot and gas cap lock at 10mph
"Real" English side parking lights work when car is parked and keys are romoved.

Old 11-04-2002, 05:01 AM
minidog
2nd Gear
Got my gifts yesterday,I think it is very cool that they do this,The mug is still a tight fit may spill a little.The c-d would have been nice on the day of picking it up,but oh-well.I did have a problem with it,everything works just not the mini movies,the history movie works but my favorite one of the dog sniffing the tail pipe and the others do not,sound but no picture,anybody else having problems? :smile:

Old 11-04-2002, 05:04 AM
SilkGreenGreg
2nd Gear
I've had mine three weeks and no packages in the mail yet. . . but I had a little pack of MINI Smints on the dashboard when I picked up my car.

Old 11-04-2002, 05:25 AM
Davbret
6th Gear
Got mine last week. What color mug did you get? Mine is aluminum, with an orange plastic inside/handle.

R

Old 11-04-2002, 06:37 AM
docjchan
2nd Gear
I got my first package (pen, note book, CD, travel game and Roadside card) on Saturday.

How long after the first package before getting the travel mug ?. Can't wait - a bit like waiting for the Mini again.

Old 11-04-2002, 06:48 AM
mwbmini
3rd Gear
I got the welcome kit, with interstate bingo, pen, etc, on Friday, and got the mug with cd on saturday. docjchan, maybe you'll get the mug today! I dont remember there being a cd in the 1st package? only with the mug pack!

Old 11-04-2002, 06:55 AM
X2Board
5th Gear
Is this a perk for those that ordered their cars? Or do we "pounce on the first new one available on the dealer's lot due so someone backing out of the deal" buyers get the goodies too?

X2

Old 11-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Hollister
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
>>Is this a perk for those that ordered their cars? Or do we "pounce on the first new one available on the dealer's lot due so someone backing out of the deal" buyers get the goodies too?
>>
>>X2

I was one of those lucky few who was able to get the MINI of my dreams exactly how I wanted it...after someone backed out on it...and I've been getting the little "presents." I haven't received the 3rd one yet...nor the MINI stencil. I love how they keep sending us stuff. I wonder if our MINI's will get birthday presents?? LOL

Old 11-04-2002, 09:22 AM
spoon
1st Gear
i purchased my mini on the first week of september and received both the welcome package and the 'mug' package this past weekend... about two months from purchase date

Old 11-04-2002, 09:25 AM
VerucaSalt
Coordinator :: Mid-Atlantic
There is MORE stuff coming!? I actually just got the stencil and note that said that they heard a new MINI was in my future about 2 weeks ago. I've had my MINI for 3 months!

Old 11-04-2002, 09:54 AM
kensmini
3rd Gear
My "MINI Unwrapped" package (CD and mug) arrived this weekend. Must've been timed independently of pick-up date. The mug's nice though it's the 6" one and doesn't fit in the front cup holders. Wish it was the 4.75" size.

I like the CD but it would've been nice two months ago. Lots of things are covered that are not in the manual (how to turn on/off the AC for the glove box!). And, there's mention of the alternate boot release which US 2002s don't have. But it's fun.

Note that not all of the gifts are from MINI USA. Some (t-shirt, UOM) are gifts that your dealer may or may not have purchased for you. These are part of a customer appreciation program that not all dealers are signed up for.

Old 11-04-2002, 09:55 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my MCS for coming up on 2 weeks and haven't received anything in the mail yet. I got the instruction CD when I picked up the car. I like the little folder it came in. Open it up and it says "The cd's in the boot". On the back of the folder, you open the rear hatch of the MINI and there is a CD stuck inside. Very amusing.

Old 11-04-2002, 10:04 AM
C4
Banned
We picked up our MINI on 9/7/2002 and have yet to receive anything in the mail, not even a follow up call from MINIUSA.

What gives?

Old 11-04-2002, 10:09 AM
jsun
6th Gear
I got the box with the pen, log, window cards, bingo games, etc. on saturday...but I took delivery of my car in early September... So it looks like maybe MINI is sending these things out in batches.

In her examination of the pen, my wife opined "Hummmm, must not be the S" as the little plastic car slooooowly drifted from CA to NY

Old 11-04-2002, 11:30 AM
Davbret
6th Gear
>>In her examination of the pen, my wife opined "Hummmm, must not be the S" as the little plastic car slooooowly drifted from CA to NY

I had the same reaction!!! "Freakin' MINI One...."

R

Old 11-04-2002, 12:54 PM
Rocketboy_X
6th Gear
Hey cool.. I just got my MUG today... "...some cups don't fit you your MINI's cup holders.).. heh heh...

Rocketboy_X

Quick Reply: R50/53 Got 3rd MINI propaganda pkg yesterday