R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Canada has MINI's too

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 03:38 PM
lotsie
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi gang I know there is still hockey going on , but how is your Canadian MINI doing

Old 04-29-2004, 04:27 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My MCS is doing just fine out here in 'Beautiful British Columbia'. And don't even get me started on the Canucks losing.
Not a whole lot going on in the Canada forum lately. Either we don't have a lot of Canadian MINI owners here, members just don't frequent that area of the site, or don't have much to share with the rest of us. Hmmm. Oh well......I'm still geting my kicks.
Has Manitoba dried out from the snow yet?
Cheers from the West,

Old 04-29-2004, 04:32 PM
dcsmd007
Coordinator :: PDX MINI
>>With the lack of dealers in Canada in comparison to the States....

The population of BC is less than WA, but yet has 3 MINI dealerships whereas WA only has 1. When I went o MINI of Richmond, they had quite a few MINIs on the lot for sale with very attractive discount, comparing to 1 year waiting in WA with a premium. I wish I'm in Canada!

Old 04-29-2004, 04:33 PM
lotsie
Banned
We are now on dry land

Old 04-29-2004, 04:52 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
I started out by going to MINI-Richmond. Went there for a test drive. But then I got serious and shopped around. Found MINI-Yaletown (Downtown Vancouver, BC) to be a better dealer to do business with. Not that therre was anything really wrong with Richmond. Just that Yaletown exceeded expectations in all categories in my MINI purchase experience and still go out of their way to make things perfect. They also have one of, if not, THE best MINI tech there. Other MINI members come from far and wide just to go there for service help because their local dealer doesn't have a clue what's going on. But enough of the plug for them.
Yes....I rather liked the non-waiting list for when I ordered my MCS. I just had to wait the 3 months for it to be built and shipped. That in itself was torture. But nothing like a good handful of members here had to wait.
Time to shake up the Candian folk. Get 'em all talkin'. How many Canucks do we have here....anyone? Think the majority are out easterly.
Cheerio,

Old 04-29-2004, 05:06 PM
lotsie
Banned
I hear that here in Manitoba we have 75+ MINI's :smile:
I don't see any ,I'm rural though,
Winter was interesting. Some frozen bits.But the car did start ,all the time ,even at -47c
Having fun

Old 04-29-2004, 05:07 PM
fishey72
5th Gear
The Canadians that came to the Detroit Pulley party were good fun. I am still looking for a set of floor mats that Canada can get but USA does not. I guess they are made in europe, but are not distributed to us. May just have to try the Toronto dealers directly.

Cheers!

Old 04-29-2004, 05:28 PM
MaxaMini
4th Gear
Hello all my many MINI friends North of the border. Please be aware you are all very much welcome to motor south to New Hampshire and meet with us on a mountain top. Come on down!

http://www.minisontop.com

Old 04-30-2004, 05:16 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
>>The Canadians that came to the Detroit Pulley party were good fun. I am still looking for a set of floor mats that Canada can get but USA does not. I guess they are made in europe, but are not distributed to us. May just have to try the Toronto dealers directly.
>>
>>Cheers!

Would you happen to be refering to those large circular patterened rubber mats? I got them with my car as well as the standard mats. But I've been using and loving those rubber ones a lot all year round. Even get comments on them all the time for others. They really add that extra kicker style. I think they are about $100 (CDN) for 4 mats. That probably works out to about what.......like $20 (USD)?
Cheers,

Old 04-30-2004, 05:21 PM
lotsie
Banned
>>>>The Canadians that came to the Detroit Pulley party were good fun. I am still looking for a set of floor mats that Canada can get but USA does not. I guess they are made in europe, but are not distributed to us. May just have to try the Toronto dealers directly.
>>>>
>>>>Cheers!
>>
>>
>>Would you happen to be refering to those large circular patterened rubber mats? I got them with my car as well as the standard mats. But I've been using and loving those rubber ones a lot all year round. Even get comments on them all the time for others. They really add that extra kicker style. I think they are about $100 (CDN) for 4 mats. That probably works out to about what.......like $20 (USD)?
>>Cheers,
>>
>> I have those mats,they look and work great ,$55 CND. for the fronts

Old 04-30-2004, 05:31 PM
MINI-MadMan
6th Gear
They look good, work good, easy to clean, and they fit exactly perfect.....no movement. They may take away some hp from the car being that they're fairly hefty rubber. Gotta find other ways to put my MINI on a diet.
Cheers,