R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 I feel panicky! Please Reassure Me!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 02:29 PM
tokyogirl
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, binky, and everyone for you support no matter how twisted some of you may sound !!!

UPDATE: I did find out the VIN# yesterday and found out where she is now.
She is still "awaiting transport"... That was to be expected so I am not worried.
However, I have a question. (AGAIN, I know..) I went into MINI USA's Owner's Lounge "Review Order Detail" section and found that along with everything I want on my MINI, it lists S-Style Sport Leather Steering Wheel. My MA swears it will comes with 3-spoke steering wheel. Here is what I don't understand. It has no mention of either steering wheel being MFSW. I guess if you get Premium package MFSW is given, so they don't bother to mention it?
And how come MA's information and MINI USA's information different?
I guess I don't really care if I get 2-spoke or 3-spoke as long as it is MFSW.
Even if my MINI comes with wrong steering wheel, shouldn't it be easy to swap them? :???:

Old 03-11-2004, 03:27 PM
miniblues
4th Gear
wish my 1st car would have been as much fun as a mini....58 Ford Fairlane, 3 speed shift on the column...but only paid $350 :smile:

My wife brought home last week a new G35 Coupe...terrific car but automatic, what could she have been thinking...lol ! I do wish I had her leather seats though :smile:

Old 03-11-2004, 03:38 PM
pocketrocketowner
Banned
>>.....being pulled behind a mule.

Hey jsun......was that the really old mule or the lame one pulling that ther' tokyogirl Mini, do you recall????

tokyogirl, please do not insult me OK....please this is only a joke, like in having fun, OK...... Please don't tell me to go do evil things to myself OK????

Old 03-11-2004, 07:34 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tokyogirl, inconsistencies between what the MA says and what the owner's lounge (MINIUSA) say are very common. Generally I'd go with what the MA says, but there have been screw-ups. We'd rather not have that happen to you. Your question about the steering wheel terminology vs. what your ordered is a good one. This is a good question for your MA. You really don't want surprises...and neither do they most likely. Look at it this way...by making ABSOLUTELY SURE your order's right and raising discrepencies...your helping them out!!!!

As for swapping after the fact, I'd bet it would be a hassle at best.....if parts have to come in there'd likely be a wait. Worse case...if it isn't a MFSW, it might be very difficult to replace.

See, they did this "dealer swap" so its on their head's to get you EXACTLY what your ordered. They swear its right...so if its not, you can refuse delivery. So ask your questions....ask for digital pics...do whatever you have to so you can sleep at night secure in the thought that YOUR MINI will be sitting there when its time to sign the papers. This is what I'd do anyway......

Old 03-12-2004, 06:16 AM
JuanPacoLopez
3rd Gear
I know nothing about the 3-spoke, as I didn't order it...

But on my order (ended up actually taking delivery of another car, but that's a different story) it said nothing about MFSW and I too ordered the premium package (which it showed).

Old 03-16-2004, 05:42 PM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
this post may be a little late, but i picked up my mini s last saturday. i only had to wait for it 3 days... it was on the lot, but i was so nervous i hardly ate! it's my first new car... brand new and all mine, and what a good choice! it's making me very happy. sometimes i just go outside and sit in it to fiddle around with the controls for no particular reason other than to spend time with it. and of course i go driving around in it all the time! my previous car was a '96 a4... great car, but i'm really enjoying the mini 100 X more.
trust us, you made the right choice.
good luck!
christina.

Old 03-16-2004, 06:20 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
>> it's making me very happy. sometimes i just go outside and sit in it to fiddle around with the controls for no particular reason other than to spend time with it. >>

That is so cool!

Old 03-16-2004, 06:35 PM
DUCTTAPE
3rd Gear
I don't think you want it to go on this one either: <br>

However, that said, sit back, relax, listen to a nice CD and enjoy the experience.

I am about a week away from 30k, and about 4 months from 2 years. Yesterday, 2 old women stopped me on the curb and talked for 5 minutes about MINI (they loved it) and later 4 teenage girls walked past at a light chanting MINI, MINI, MINI.

IF you have to drive something, you are making a good choice. Make it something that YOU find fun to drive and something that makes others smile.

Who could ask for more?

Enjoy
David

Old 03-16-2004, 06:48 PM
tokyogirl
1st Gear
Congratulations on your new MINI, Christina, and thanks for your reassurance! :smile:

I just found out that my MINI is on DON JUAN right now. (the ship, that is )
Ooooo, I am sooo anxious !!! I can't wait to find out what all of you are talking about! The ship supposed to arrive at the port on 3/20. I'm in New York, any idea how soon I get to see her ?

Old 03-16-2004, 07:01 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
>>Any idea how soon I get to see her ?

Hmmmm....I'd guess you'll easily be motoring my 4/1 at the latest. Maybe sooner!

Old 03-16-2004, 07:14 PM
resmini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Premium Package comes with MFSW, not to worry about that. Not sure about the 3-spoke steering wheel but if that's what you specified my guess is everythings A-OK.

You wouldn't even want to know how much it would cost to replace a non-MFSW with a MFSW.................

R.E.

Old 03-16-2004, 07:18 PM
lotsie
Banned
read MINI fun
the snow is great

Old 03-16-2004, 07:19 PM
tokyogirl
1st Gear
>>I don't think you want it to go on this one either:

Old 03-16-2004, 07:22 PM
memojo
2nd Gear
I'm 42, and could drive more expensive cars (as many mini owners could).
My daughter just turned 15, and she hopes she gets my mini when she turns 16 (her friends think it's cool).
My wife is 31, and she thinks it's a blast to drive, and she loves the mini things we do. And she thinks cars are just to get to the train station.

Get snow tires, and partake in at least one local mini event to understand how fun this car can be.

Good choice, many fun times, and many friends you from which you can seek advice.

Old 03-16-2004, 07:22 PM
memojo
2nd Gear
I'm 42, and could drive more expensive cars (as many mini owners could).
My daughter just turned 15, and she hopes she gets my mini when she turns 16 (her friends think it's cool).
My wife is 31, and she thinks it's a blast to drive, and she loves the mini things we do. And she thinks cars are just to get to the train station.

Get snow tires, and partake in at least one local mini event to understand how fun this car can be.

Good choice, many fun times, and many friends you from which you can seek advice.

Old 03-16-2004, 07:41 PM
pocketrocketowner
Banned

>>You just got me worry there, David.