PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

Motd 2006

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 04:11 PM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motd 2006

I know there has been some interest within the club about MINIs on The Dragon.

Pam and I went last year and had a blast. Are there any plans within the club to have a group go down. I am in the process of talking to members of a few other regional clubs, to organize a caravan again this year.

The caravan down to the Dragon through OH, KY and TN, with clubs from Cleveland, Detroit, Cincinnati, Lexington and Knoxville, and a few other straglers, was almost as much fun as The Dragon itself.

Are there any members interested in sharing cabins? I am about to make our reservations, and thought I would see if there was any interest.

Steve

Old 11-17-2005, 05:34 AM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While the Club per se isn't organizing anything - there is a group of us who just decided to reserve Three 3-bedroom Magnolia Cabins at Fontana Village. I was getting ready to post about this and the remaining openings we have in the 3rd cabin. ...you beat me to the punch of starting this thread!

Currently, we have 12 people in 7 cars. 8 of us will be staying 3 nights (from Thurs May 4 - Sun May 7), and the remaining 4 will be arriving on Fri May 5 and staying until Sun May 7.

Two of the cabins are reserved for 3 nights and the third cabin is reserved for only 2 nights.

Starting Thursday night, there are currently 2 single beds and 1 double bed still available. Beginning Friday night, an additional double bed becomes available. First-come-first-serve. Email (jwelshjr [at] gmail.com) or PM me.

BTW, if you don't mind the couch/floor we can fit more than that!

I haven't been able to make it down for any of the previous MOTD because of work - but I'm so tired of missing out on all the fun that this time I've just planned for it, PERIOD! :smile:

Last edited by Mini2Go; 03-14-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Mini2Go
Ok, we're down to 2 single beds (and couches/floor) for Thursday-Sunday!

...Also still have the double bed that is available beginning Friday night.

And, YES - I think the caravan would be terrific fun! Thanks for the offer to help arrange it!

Old 11-21-2005, 08:28 PM
karenbetty
Neutral
Count me in for the two single beds....if still available. I checked out the cabins online...hot tubs included! Look out Loretta! Just what the doctor ordered after a long day of battling the Dragon!

Old 11-21-2005, 08:31 PM
karenbetty
Neutral
That's for Thurs through Sunday.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:15 AM
Mini2Go
Originally Posted by karenbetty
Count me in for the two single beds
Done!

Now we have couch/floor for Thursday. (I already have one couch ).

We still have a double bed starting on Friday (for anyone that can't get the extra day off work).

Old 11-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Mini2Go
Note: Since I have currently paid over $500 for the deposits on our cabins, I have decided to request a $25/person deposit. This deposit will be subtracted from your total lodging cost. The total cost will be determined by the number of people that stay in our 3 cabins. For estimating purposes, with full cabins (we're almost there) the nightly cost per person will not be more than $30.

I can accept paypal at jwelsh(at)zoominternet(dot)net. Otherwise, email me and we can make other arrangements. Please make arrangements to pay this deposit before 12/22/05. (I will be at the Hartwood Acres Christmas light drive on 12/4).

Thanks for your understanding!

Old 12-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Mini2Go
Due to some confusion, we still have 2 single beds (and couch/floor) for Thursday - Sunday.

In addition to the double-bed (and couches/floor) for Friday-Sunday, it appears that one single bed is now also available.

Said differently, we currently have a total of 14 people/8 cars committed. We've still got a few months, but let's get these cabins full! We've only got 5 empty beds to fill.

BTW, I'm bringing cigars. Who's binging the scotch?

Old 12-07-2005, 09:23 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini2Go
I'm bringing cigars. Who's binging the scotch?
I'll bring a bottle of Oban.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:04 PM
welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
I have a double [2 full beds] on reserve at the Fontana Inn, from arrival on May 3 to departure on May 7. I'm bringing cigars, matches and cutters, as well as sangria and Mexican cornbread [to celebrate Cinco de Mayo]. I'm not sure if I have a roommate yet or not, but will post later if I still have a bed available.

Jeff

Old 12-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Driving_Hamster
5th Gear
The wife (and baby) and I are going down on Wednesday the 4th. As I posted in a different thread anyone who is heading down on Wednesday morning is welcome to caravan with us, otherwise we will join you for the Caravan back on Sunday.

We will be putting a Terrible Towel in the window of the cabin to denote our Yinz'er Heritage. Feel free to stop in for a beer .

Old 12-23-2005, 08:54 AM
bblatt
Neutral
We're going!!

John and I are going. I've made cabin reservations at Fontana Village Resort for the "MOTD", May 3rd-7th, 2006. I hope more Pittstop MINI club members are going as well. It looks like it will be lots of fun and what a great time of the year to travel.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:47 AM
Mini2Go
Ok, due to unforeseen scheduling conflicts, we've had a cancellation. That means an additional single bed open for Fri - Sun. Here's the latest summary:

2 single beds (and couch/floor) for Thursday - Sunday.
1 double-bed, 2 single beds (and couches/floor) for Friday-Sunday.

I also thought I'd mention that if there is enough interest, we can investigate expanding the reservation of the Fri - Sun cabin to also include Thurs.

Old 01-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Driving_Hamster
5th Gear
Some additional Availability

Due to my wife cancelling her intention to come to the Dragon with me I now have two single beds (twin size) available in the other bedroom of our Hemlock Cabin.

FYI: I am arriving on Wednesday May 3rd and leaving on Sunday the 7th.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Mini2Go
Ok, after a small flurry of interest, we're now down to the following openings:

1 Single Bed - Thurs.-Sun.
2 Single Beds - Fri. - Sun.

Couches and floor space (think sleeping bags ) are still wide open!

Old 01-29-2006, 10:30 AM
acej80
2nd Gear
I'm heading to the Dragon this year, this will be my first time, so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hooking up with a fellow MINI owner friend that is driving in from the San Francisco Bay area. We already have reservations at Fontana Village for the 3rd thru the 7th, but I don't have any other confirmed plans beyond that. If timing works out, I'd definitely like to hook up with the caravan down. I'll keep checking here for updates, and when I know for certain when I'm heading south, I'll post again.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Mini2Go
Interest has continued... we're now down to one single bed for Thursday-Sunday - and, as before, couches and floors!

From what I gather, the caravan leaves very early Thursday morning. Wee hours early. We go a little west and hook up with folks from Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, etc. The caravan is supposed to get amazingly large - FUN!

I expect to be like a kid on Christmas Eve, so sleep will be hard anyhow - so the wee hour departure will probably be welcome!

As things get closer and start heating up, expect to see more postings here.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:43 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Last year we met the NE Ohio Caravan at exit 65 on I-71 between Columbus and Cincinnati. It's approx 200 miles from Washington, PA. We met at 9am.

If this year is like last, I suggest we pick a meeting place in Washington, close to I-70, meet at 4:30a with a full tank of gas, we can leave@ 5am, that gives us about a 30-45 min window to get to the Exit and Gas @ 9am.

Also everyone should have their 2 way radios, Channel 7 subcode 21.

This route is about 60-65 miles longer than running down I-79 through WV, however, along the way we pick up people OH, MI, IL, KY, TN, MO, VA etc. about 60 cars total. It makes for a better time.

As we get closer, it may be a good idea, to have a dinner meeting with everyone that is going to discuss details.

Steve

Old 03-28-2006, 11:22 AM
colinmini
5th Gear
Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
Hey, this is Colin from Ohio, I met you all at the track day. I would like to go to the minis on the dragon. I was hoping to find some room on the floor of one of the cabins and drive down with the caravan on thurs. morning. If you could get back to me either way so I can sign up for the event.
Thanks, cnsquire@netzero.com

Old 03-28-2006, 11:25 AM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Originally Posted by colinmini
Hey, this is Colin from Ohio, I met you all at the track day. I would like to go to the minis on the dragon. I was hoping to find some room on the floor of one of the cabins and drive down with the caravan on thurs. morning. If you could get back to me either way so I can sign up for the event.
Thanks, cnsquire@netzero.com
Colin,

PM Mini2Go and see if there is an space left in the cabins. As for the Caravan, where are you in OH? I can give you a meeting place.

Steve

Old 03-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Mini2Go
Colin,

I sent you an email.

Old 03-29-2006, 06:30 PM
alpinamike
5th Gear
Are you guys linking up with Detriot and DC?
You can aways get them to meet up with you since they are strong clubs.
-alpinamike

Old 03-29-2006, 06:32 PM
alpinamike
5th Gear
This stinks because it alwaya falls on Finals week, and for that, most schools are on finals week, which in a way hurts the amount that could show up who are in college.
-alpinamike

Old 03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Originally Posted by alpinamike
Are you guys linking up with Detriot and DC?
You can aways get them to meet up with you since they are strong clubs.
-alpinamike
Michigan MINIs, MININEO, Chicago area, KY, Cincinnati.

Not DC they go down the east coast.

Steve

Old 03-29-2006, 06:40 PM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Originally Posted by alpinamike
This stinks because it alwaya falls on Finals week, and for that, most schools are on finals week, which in a way hurts the amount that could show up who are in college.
-alpinamike
Switch schools, Pitt's finals are done by then

Quick Reply: Motd 2006