PittStop MINI Club The PittStop MINI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.pittstopmini.org

Gyminikhana! HPDE/DE Track and Social Event 10/27

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Mini2Go
Coordinator :: Pitt Stop MINI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gyminikhana! HPDE/DE Track and Social Event 10/27

Jimini What?

Gyminikhana!

A smorgasboard of track and social activities at BeaveRun Motorsports Complex on Saturday October 27! Get the deets (and register!) here. (Early Bird Registration discounts end Sept. 28).

C'mon, let's MOTOR!

Old 09-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Mini2Go
...Oh, and don't delay! Not only do the Early Bird discounts end on 9/28 - but registrations are already coming in!

Old 09-08-2007, 09:31 AM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm IN! Oh, wait, I'm helping put the darned thing together... oh well - I'm in anyway! Questions? Let me know...

Old 09-23-2007, 11:08 AM
DixonL2
6th Gear
More details )(see the website at www.pittstopmini.org for more!)

Jimini What? :-\ Gyminikhana! :-)

What is it?
An event that will appeal to all the motoring enthusiasts in our club - the Sports Car Drivers and the Sunday Drivers... and their families. Our goal with Gyminikhana is to bring everyone together with educational activities that cover the spectrum of performance driving, motoring, and socializing.

The events of the day will range from novice (and somewhat silly) 'motorbatics' contests, to driving education on an autocross course, to driving education (in your MINI) on a go-kart track, AND will include dinner and a live band. BeaveRun will also be holding, separately but in parallel with our events, what they call a Flat-Out Day - a Driver Education event where you are taught (by an in-car instructor) how to drive on their 1.6 mile closed-course road circuit!

....and that's just the main stuff to keep this message short(er)! (Check the website for more details.)

When is it?
Next month, on Saturday, Motor-tober 27th, 2007

Where is it?
There is only one place locally that could accommodate all these activities at once: BeaveRun Motorsports Complex in Wampum, PA.

What's the big deal?
We believe that this event has everything it needs to be regarded as our best event of the year! Well, almost.

You see, it takes a lot of time and money for our little Club to reserve a big place like BeaveRun. The time we needed to get this event organized has, unfortunately, left very little time to get the minimum number of REGISTERED DRIVERS needed to lock in the reservation. In order for this event to happen, we need at least 22 more drivers to register by next Friday, September 28. (Considering that we had nearly 40 drivers participate in our much smaller Wintry Driving Refresher event in the middle of February (!) that should be quite feasible - if you register now!)

Is it expensive?
You mean we haven't mentioned the discounts? There are discounts! The Gyminikhana package is very reasonably priced considering all that comes with it (see site for details) - and the value gets better the more people you bring with you! If you are at all curious about driving fast on a race course, then we have also arranged for a very special one-time discount on the Flat-Out Day which you should take advantage of! ...but the discounts are only good until September 28. So, don't delay, register now!

I might be interested, but....
You can contact us with your questions at events@pittstopmini.org or 412-407-4200. However, we recommend that you register by September 28 to lock in your discounted rates and help us lock in the reservation. While there is a cancellation fee, you can cancel up until October 20. Of course, if we do not reach our pre-determined registrant minimum by September 28, all registrants will receive a full refund.

Last edited by DixonL2; 01-29-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Mini2Go
Have you been procrastinating, indecisive, or just plain forgot to register for Gyminikhana? The Early Bird Discounts are about to end and we wanted to make sure you don't miss the opportunity, so I'm posting this quick reminder. Even though registration will remain open for a few more weeks, the Early Bird discounts end tomorrow (Friday, September 28)!

We have attracted registrations from across the state and across state lines! So, what are you waiting for? Register now!

Uh huh. You're still reading and not registering.... Apparently you are either a glutton for my bad writing or you just aren't quite sold on this event yet.

Well, if you are interested in the performance driving side of things, then there is little more we can say. This is, quite simply, the most varied, exhilarating, and educational combination of driving activities that you will be able to squeeze into one (plus) day for this kind of price virtually anywhere! And, with your Gyminikhana registration, you get to top it all off with a nice helping of non-driving activities, good food, friends, and live entertainment well into the evening! ...basically, it's cherry on top!

If you are interested in the social side of things, don't be put off hearing about all the performance stuff - you can watch or ignore that as you wish - there will be a variety of non-driving activities and a host of fun 'motoring' activities that you can enjoy. Consider it something of a MINI circus. But you will not be sitting "ringside" watching everything happen, unless you so choose. There will be plenty of fun things to be involved in, lots of fascinating folks to talk with, good food, and live entertainment well into the evening. All for a paltry $15 (that is, until tomorrow when the discounts end).

So, there are good times waiting to be had by all! Now, for all that's MINI and motorworthy - Go register for Gyminikhana!

Of course, if you have questions, concerns, doubts, fears, insecurities, nervousness, uncontrollable shakes, dry mouth, or nausea feel free to post here, email us at events [at] pittstopmini.org, or leave a message at 412-407-4200.

Last edited by Mini2Go; 09-28-2007 at 05:19 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
DixonL2
6th Gear
NEW NEWS!

MiniDoMore is signed on as a sponsor for Gyminikhana - meaning a MiniDoMore trailer hitch will be given away to a lucky participant in the Gyminikhana! WE LOVE THESE GUYS! (and they make a mean hitch, too - I have one!)

If you haven't signed up, do it soon - see you there...

Old 10-28-2007, 07:54 PM
jasonsmf
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!! What a blast!!! The people, the cars, the autox, the Wilson Circuit, the Flat-Out day, the food, the band......I can keep going on and on!!! Thanks to everyone who worked to make this event happen, I definitely got my money's worth in fun on this one!!!

Here are a couple in-car video's I made.

First one is my brother taking a autocross run on Saturday, demonstrating what NOT to do when it comes to hand placement ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JKU7xL3c8g

Second video is of me taking a lap on the Wilson Circuit...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q6Zo33ccBE

Jason

Old 10-29-2007, 07:17 AM
colinmini
5th Gear
Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
The weather was cool and clouds were overhead, but the day was totally awesome! Thank you Pittstop Mini Club, Beaverun, Leon and everyone who help make this a great event. I had to leave after the Flat Out morning, but you all did a wonderful job. Thanks again!

Old 10-30-2007, 04:28 AM
GP Steve
1st Gear
I want to do that again!!!!

That was a great event! Thanks PittStopMINI and Beaverun for enjoyable time and also thanks Leon for setting it up. I hope this grows and draws more people next year. I was great to see that there was something for everyone to do with their MINIs!!!

Awesome time!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 09:01 AM
fastautoxmini
3rd Gear
a thank you

I would like to add a thank you as well! This event was TONS of fun! I never thought that a go cart track was that much fun. I loved the autocross as well. Thanks to everyone who worked hard to put the event together.

Question: when is the second run of the t-shirts? I paid for an XXL for my husband but was wondering when I could get it? Thanks!

Old 11-18-2007, 10:44 AM
DixonL2
6th Gear
We're working on the second run, I'll email about that and we'll let you know!

Glad you all had fun, I'm looking forward to doing this again. PM me if you have any suggestions on what went well, what could be better, and what else you might like to see. Some things we're working on:

- Scheduling earlier in the year for warmer weather
- Doing the anti-rain dance for Friday night (but the wet autoX was a BLAST!)
- Adding a few events to the agenda...

Old 01-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Hatepylons
1st Gear
Pics from MotorTober

I finally got off my duff and downloaded my memory card from my camera and put them into the club's photopool this morning from this event. If someone sees their car and would rather not have it be shown on the internetz please let me know and I'll remove the picture from my flickr album.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:19 PM
jasonsmf
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Hatepylons
I finally got off my duff and downloaded my memory card from my camera and put them into the club's photopool this morning from this event. If someone sees their car and would rather not have it be shown on the internetz please let me know and I'll remove the picture from my flickr album.

Nice pics!!!

WOOOOHOOO!!! Hey, I know this guy :-P

Thanks for uploading them!!

Jason

Old 01-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Hatepylons
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jasonsmf
Nice pics!!! ...Thanks for uploading them!!
Jason
You're welcome - glad you like them.

Old 01-29-2008, 03:29 AM
DixonL2
6th Gear
Thanks guys! And hey, if you liked Gyminikhana, we're holding a Wintry Driving Refresher at the same place! A driver's education event intent on honing those important winter driving skills, with in-car instruction on Wilson and the VDA: skid control, winter car prep, vehicle recovery, and time to practice it all.... AND it coordinates with the Clubman launch, so there will be Clubmen ("Clubmans"?) there to see and feel! February 24th, Sunday... BeaveRun!

Link in my sig... signups will be available there soon!

Last edited by DixonL2; 01-29-2008 at 03:38 AM.