Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, and Alaska

UPDATED 11/26/02 with new shots...pictures from the Bridge R

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Davbret
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, thank you all so much for coming. I had a great time, and from the smiles and high-fives at the end of the trip I'd say the feeling was mutual. What a great bunch of people!! I think we're going to have a great MINI club. Congrats to us!!!

So here are a few pictures from the run for your viewing pleasure. Michael (Littlebluecoop1) will have some GREAT pictures for us soon. He was the one taking the pictures with the pro camera with a wide angle lens. But for now, these should keep you entertained.

R

2002 Darksilver/Black Cooper S

Old 10-26-2002, 09:25 PM
Kimini1
2nd Gear
Woo Hoo! We had a GREAT time!! Thanks everyone for coming and especially to 8ball (Seattle) and our wonderful canadian visitors for motoring down. It was nice to finally meet some fellow MINIACS. Lets motor again very soon! Thanks again Ryan for putting this together. Great Job! :smile:

Old 10-26-2002, 10:50 PM
Goofygrape
3rd Gear
Ditto! It was a fantastic day. We really enjoyed it. Can't wait to get Winnie in the group!
It was great getting to know you all. I was amazed you folks from Canada actualy made it down! That was sooooo nice of you! I'm glad to have met you. And 8ball you too so glad you motored down.

Well gotta get the boy s to bed...just got home from a halloween party.
Tom

Old 10-27-2002, 09:42 AM
charliecroker
Neutral
Hi Guys

Eileen and I returned home around midnight. Thanks everyone and especially to Ryan for organising the run. Portland sure is a fun city for high speed "mini-ing"!. Everyone's more than welcome to come up to Canada for one of our runs. Good luck with the club & I'm sure we'll see you all again sometime.

Andy & Eileen.

ps If you want to check out our web-site (It's not quite finished but it's looking good so far) it's at

http://www.vancouverminicooperclub.com

Especially check out the featured member section as this month It's me!

Old 10-27-2002, 11:56 AM
PDX_Mini
4th Gear
License plates:

I notice that all of the MINI's without the Aero kit have plates. Do the S's have a spot for the plate? I don't recall when I ordered my car, but since a front plate is not required in Oregon I think I'm going to leave mine off.

Old 10-27-2002, 12:46 PM
8ball
6th Gear
Thanks Ryan, et.al ... had a great time, wish I was still there (but here I am back in the office this morning ...). Very nice to meet all of you and see parts of Your Fair City that I hadn't seen before ...
by the way - - - there is a new thread this morning from MiniGreatness asking if anyony else has experienced the joy of corning at 30 without the breaks - I just had to laugh ... it is so much fun driving with a group of people that enjoy using their cars for their intended purposes! Motor On, Dudes!

Old 10-27-2002, 03:55 PM
Louise
Neutral
Thank so much -- we enjoyed the day -- great planning and fun motoring.

Again Ryan your "plan" was perfect!

Louise and Ron

Old 10-27-2002, 09:13 PM
Kimini1
2nd Gear
Hi Pdx-Mini,
Yes the "S" has two holes pre drilled in the front bumper and the car should come with a mounting bracket. We had no problems installing ours. Last I heard though Oregon does require a front license plate, I think it's at the officers discretion on whether he wants to pull you over or not. (We were pulled over ~5 yrs ago and given a warning--albeit in a much different car!) I think you might be ok in the MINI w/o one, they're too busy looking at the car.

Old 10-27-2002, 10:02 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
charliecroker wrote:

>>Hi Guys
>>
>>Eileen and I returned home around midnight. Thanks everyone and especially to Ryan for organising the run. Portland sure is a fun city for high speed "mini-ing"!. Everyone's more than welcome to come up to Canada for one of our runs. Good luck with the club & I'm sure we'll see you all again sometime.
>>
>>Andy & Eileen.
>>
>>ps If you want to check out our web-site (It's not quite finished but it's looking good so far) it's at
>>
>>http://www.vancouverminicooperclub.com
>>
>>Especially check out the featured member section as this month It's me! Best wishes to you and your lady!

Cheers!
Clover

Old 10-28-2002, 09:36 AM
Goofygrape
3rd Gear
Hey Andy and Eileen!

Thanks for the "hardcore" enthusiasm!

The Canada site looks great! Hope to motor on up someday, I've never been to Canada but have only heard amazing reviews! I lookforward to it!

Tom

Old 10-28-2002, 03:36 PM
littlebluecoop1
1st Gear
O.K., O.K. I'm a scofflaw by not putting on the plate. I'll take myself out and give me a terrific talking to when I have time. Yes, there is a bracket for the plate, but I made an executive decision and elected to not attach it, primarly: [1] it spoils the aesthetic ambiance of the front; [2] in my engineering mind it restricts the much needed air-flow to the engine and brakes; ; and [3] Well, I'll think of something.

Let me [us] echo all the sentiments, it was TERRIFIC. My son, my daughters fiance to be, and I all had a marvelous, marvelous time. The only way it could have been better would have been without any traffic at all, but then I guess you can't have everything. Ryan, the Fred Meyer thing was . . . interesting, I don't think that was on the route plans was it?, or did my navigator miss something.

I just hope the white van I cut off getting onto the right hander on the on-ramp before going over the next to the last bridge doesn't remember my license plate. I did him well, [in the best Michael Schumacher style, four wheel drift, double down to second, 5200 r's and motor on!] My son said "Gee Dad, where the _ _ _ _ 'd you learn to drive like that?" Heh Heh Heh, the old dog's still got some secrets!.

Anyway, we're processing the film and should have it back within a few days. I must say however that Ryan's shots are extremely similar to mine, I've just got a celluloid negative.

Looking forward to the next run, and a real club meeting!!

As the great sage Promethius once said after a particularly delightful day in Rome: "Mini's Rule - Motor On!!

LBC1

Old 10-28-2002, 08:01 PM
Davbret
6th Gear
Ok, ya so the Fredy's stunt was my fault. Yes, I'm a moron and can admit it. Anyone who had a walkie talkie was already aware of this admission.

Due to traffic and stop lights there were a few odd mergings and turns. Sorry about that, but hard to avoid. Hey, we all ended up at Who-Song & Larry's together though!

Glad to hear you got some adrenaline action Michael. Roy (8ball) and I were having fun in the front. The light would turn green and I'd squeel off, only to hear Roy squeel off, too! Slow for corners? NEVER!

I, too, am looking forward to our first real meeting and club run. But this was a great way to meet everyone and have some fun. The day turned out great and those girls on the corner of Lombard and Interstate will be dreaming of MINIs for years to come. Remember them? They were SO funny! First they were pointing at me in front, then the Chili Red one caught their eye, then the Electric Blue sent them reeling. They were running and screaming and laughing. What a great response!!!

R

Old 10-29-2002, 08:23 PM
littlebluecoop1
1st Gear
Since this is the Inagural Portland Mini Cooper Bridge Run I was thinking of some sort of dash plaque, like we had many years ago for the POR Pro-Rallye [thats Press On Regardless]. It was about 1.75 x 3", brass, silk screened. My mind is to filled with other things and it was to long ago to remember how much they cost. My wife Sandy thought about some sort of "cling" type decal rather than a plaque, and we both thought of a grille badge. I don't know if this run warrants that type of memorialization, but it would be sort of kewl.

Anyway, thoughts if anyone has any please and I'll see what I can come up with, or if anyone else has an industrial design bent, have at it!!

I was talking to a couple of guys in my office and they asked about a yellow MC and a black/black one. I don't think I've seen them, [?]

LBC1

Old 11-07-2002, 03:10 PM
MINIJarid
1st Gear
Wow!! It looks like you guys had a BLAST! I wish I could have been in the pack. But these darn customers make me work Saturdays! lol j/k. Well I am definately in for the next run. My MINI has finally arrived at the dealership. Solid INDI MINI. I have seen some of you guys here at the dealership. Its always a blast to see you guys!! Count me in next time. Thanks.

Old 11-07-2002, 03:30 PM
jimmer0
3rd Gear
I can't wait to get my MINI and join in the fun!!! Looks like a good turnout, and a BLAST!

Old 11-12-2002, 08:11 AM
Goofygrape
3rd Gear
Good to see you back Jarrid!
I've been busy, I hope to be swinging by the dealership sometime for a visit. I have yet to test drive a MCS. Congrats on your MINI!

Later
Tom

Old 11-26-2002, 06:26 AM
Davbret
6th Gear
Thanks to Littlebluecoop1 (aka Michael) we now have a couple of the wide-angle lens shots he was taking from before the Bridge Run.

R

Old 11-26-2002, 08:20 AM
littlebluecoop1
1st Gear
I thought the "posterior" shot was especially appropriate as most folks only get that view of our cherished ride!

As Promethius once said: "He whom leads others in a small circle shall be known as a little wheel. He whom leads others in a big circle shall be known as a Big Wheel". Motor On!!

Old 01-13-2003, 11:08 PM
VanCooper
1st Gear
Ok, you could say it took me awhile to reply to this post but hey, it's never too late. That bridge run was alot of fun. I had the hardest time finding the meeting point but since I was late, It made for some interesting driving thru town to get there before everybody left (that's the one reason I'm not in the meeting point group shot, I wasn't there yet)

Anyways, great first run and may the PDX Mini club have many great drives in the future!