New Oregon MINI Club -- EMC2

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:38 PM
SimpsonGI
Coordinator :: Emerald MINI Car Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Oregon MINI Club -- EMC2

Hello,

This looks like it is a generic forum for the Pacific Northwest. So, here it goes....

The Southern Willamette Valley has been in need of a MINI club for some time now. There is UmpquaMini in the Roseburg area, PDX MINI in Portland, Central Oregon MINI in Bend but Eugene didn't have a club. Well, it does now....

I've started Emerald MINI Car Club or also know as EMC2...(EMC squared...darn it...I can't get the 2 to change to superscript). We are a non-profit club with no dues or fees to join. We are a group of enthusiasts who enjoy meeting with others and sharing our motoring experiences.

We do have a web site: emeraldmc2.com

I am working on adding content to the site, I hope to have it more filled out in the upcoming couple of weeks. If you are interested in joining us please register on our web site. I'll be attempting to add in a calendar/event system in the next couple of days. As a member, we can also offer you a free email address on our domain.

I've submitted our logo to the marketing department of MINI USA for approval as it does incorporate the MINI wing logo.

At our inception, we have three MINIs in our group. If you have any questions, just let me know.

(Yes, I know I need to update my signature line but I'm going to wait until our logo is approved before making any changes)

Gary
Co-Founder, Emerald MINI Car Club.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:40 PM
SimpsonGI
***UPDATE***

I've shut down the website for a day or two. I decided to redo the layout and add some additional tools, unfortunately, some of the tools need to be installed by the hosting company. Once they get things installed I'll be able to reconfigure everything again rather quickly. I'll post again when I have our website back up again.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:48 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Great news Gary. I will have to give you guys a look at when you are back up and running.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:53 PM
minicounter
4th Gear
Hey - congratulations and good job!! Can we come up and crash your party? (and make a Costco run as well, of course) Will the 'out of district' dues be high? Glad to see you're taking this on and doing your part to make your town an even better place

Old 11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
SimpsonGI
Originally Posted by minicounter
Hey - congratulations and good job!! Can we come up and crash your party? (and make a Costco run as well, of course) Will the 'out of district' dues be high? Glad to see you're taking this on and doing your part to make your town an even better place
Thank you, yes you are always welcome to come up and crash any party. Don't even think I'm going to stop coming down for UmpquaMini events either!

No dues....no dues....just fun and good times

Old 12-22-2007, 02:51 PM
zied
Coordinator :: Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts
Congratulations on your new club. We have added you to our links page, arguably the most comprehensive list of North American Mini-MINI clubs.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:06 PM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
Great to see a Eugene based club!

It's such a long drive for all the mid state Willamette Valley folks to participate in all the PDX MINI events, which for better or worse are really based in Portland, Salem and Vancouver. You're filling a real need! Give it time and you'll have more members than you know what to do with . I just think how PDX MINI started with (Kim, Ryan, John Diane etc, and a couple others, and poof...) a couple individuals and then within 4 years balooned into 200+.

A number of which are in your backyard.

Last edited by JCW Driver; 01-04-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:34 PM
eliteclub
Neutral
Hello,
I'm Peter from Hungary/Europe,but I work in Eugene/Oregon.
I have a new MINI at home,and I like them
I would buy for my MINI Side marker lights.Is there anybody who has for sale?

Thanks