RMW Bay Area Tuning Session

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 07:31 AM
tazio
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brownflyer
Tazio,
I don't mind waiting an extra hour or two just to get you in there. I'll probably get there after 9am as I'm comming from Fairfield and that will be at least 1.5 hour drive (w/o) traffic.
Very cool of you brownflyer! I really appreciate it.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 AM
TWON
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brownflyer
Tazio,
I don't mind waiting an extra hour or two just to get you in there. I'll probably get there after 9am as I'm comming from Fairfield and that will be at least 1.5 hour drive (w/o) traffic.
ahhh, bummer we don't have the same day. I am also in Faifield

Old 02-27-2008, 10:32 AM
SharoSC02
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rkw
Sharo wrote (post #140) that the list is not in any order.

I'm not clear about how this is supposed to work. Does everyone just randomly get there as early as we can, or will some schedule be set up?
Sorry fellas, my internet connection was off and I couldn't get online. Everything is good now.

Also, as I indicated before and rkw pointed out here, the numbering sequence has no relation with who goes 1st or last. I was thinking when you show up you will pick the 1st available number and then get your tune, and so on.

For those that have restricted time, I have put a time for you to come in and do it as we spoke in the PM. For everyone else just try to be there as early as you can so you can pick a number and get your tune going.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:14 PM
latte hiatus
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tazio
Thanks, Lauryn! So here are the other folks listed in front of me on Thursday:

1-SharoSC02
2-brownflyer
3-kmickey
5-latte hiatus
7-Checkers

Are any of you planning to show up in the am? If so, do you mind if I "cut in line" around 9:30-10:30?

Let me know, thanks.
Tazio, no problem. I plan to arrive early to beat any potential traffic. Please feel free to jump ahead of me so you can get back to the office on time.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:46 PM
checkers
5th Gear
Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts
I dont mine waiting, but I also don't want to make this a two day project either. All day is fine but two days is not. I live in Modesto and plan on being there around 6:30 to 7:00am. If thats a problem then give me a time for Friday.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
Hi all,

I know that I'm still listed as tentative. I found out about the tuning days last week. I need to install my head and header this weekend (to make this tuning stuff worthwhile.) I can give you a definitive answer on Monday.

I live 20 minutes way from Goodies, so I am fine with being a late Friday or early Saturday (if the sessions run long) tune.

Apologies in advance for the wishy-washy-ness of all this.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:30 PM
tazio
6th Gear
Originally Posted by latte hiatus
Tazio, no problem. I plan to arrive early to beat any potential traffic. Please feel free to jump ahead of me so you can get back to the office on time.
I feel a lot of love in this thread. Seriously, I really appreciate you guys being so flexible. Sounds like I should be able to get out of there before noon. Thanks!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:52 AM
SharoSC02
5th Gear
fellas, I was talking to Danny at MiniCorsa and thinking about having him come up as well along with Jan to do some installs while Jan is doing a tune.

I would like to know if anyone wants to participate on that idea so we can have 2 of the best people come up here at the same time to give us all the WHP and TQ we can handle.

I am talking to Jan in bringing in some of his newly designed cam that is producing some incredible results. Before anyone gets too excited, I have one in order and hoping Jan will bring one up if not more. Not sure about how many of those cams he can bring but if anyone is interested let it be known here so I can ask Jan to bring some if he can have them made quick enough. This is just an idea for now depending on how many people want this done.

As far as pricing, I will have to get that from Jan. I don't even want to guess but I think it would be well worth it. I will drop by the "Goodies Speed shop" to talk to the people there and finding out if we can have some installs there as well while tunning. So stay tune and let me know if anyone wants anything special installed with Danny at Minicorsa.

Thanks again guys
Sharo

Old 03-02-2008, 09:17 AM
SCA
3rd Gear
Great idea -- I'm already scheduled to have one of Jan's heads installed elsewhere this week. Well will this be sorted out?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
latte hiatus
5th Gear
Pending the total cost for the cam, adjustable gear, and install, I'm game. It would be great to meet Danny - I saw his ad on SF Bay Area Craigslist, so it would appear he views us NorCal folks as potential clients, too.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:48 PM
70spop
6th Gear
Gah!! I just noticed this today - haven't been keeping up on the thread.

I'm checking with my boss to see if I can get Friday off, and if I can I'd like to get on the list for Friday. It looks like the most recent "confirmed list" has ten for Thursday and eight for Friday, so I'm guessing this would be ok.

I should hear back this afternoon - tomorrow morning at the latest - about getting Friday off. I'll post an update to let you know one way or the other.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:45 PM
SharoSC02
5th Gear
70spop- No problem, just let me know and I will put you on the Friday's list. The thing is that the earlier everyone comes the sooner they can have the lower number taken so they can get their tune.

I still need for everyone to let me know if they want any installs done on their car. This is mostly bolt-ons.

Jan will not have his cams ready for another few weeks so that option is out the window for now unless you have yourown after market cams you want to bring and have Danny do the install for you. This is still pending on the shop willing to work with Danny to do the cam installs if it isn't too much of a mess and work.

So, bring your bolt-ons just in case we can have Danny installing them for you.

Sharo

Old 03-03-2008, 06:57 PM
latte hiatus
5th Gear
Sharo, can you clarify again how the payments will work?

If I understand correctly, we are expected to bring $350 in CASH for Jan's tuning service.

For Goodie's dyno time, is cash also the preferred method of payment? Or will we be able to make individual payments using a credit card?

I don't use that much cash these days, so just want to see how much I should get from the bank. Thanks in advance for your response.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:33 PM
SharoSC02
5th Gear
For Jan's tune we should all bring cash, $350.00.

For the dyno I think we will have to take care of it while there. But quite honestly, I'm not 100% sure but I figure once Jan is there and we talk to the shop and ask to see how many people are coming and how to divide the 2 day's total cost between all of us. As it is, we have 18 people for 2 full days which will bring the cost to $2,000. If we end up using part of Saturday then there will be a partial/half day charge for Saturday as well that needs to be added to the total and then divided by all of us.

Now the tricky part is, making sure that all the 2nd day people are accounted for. We don't want to end up short and or some of us having to overpay depending on whom makes it and whom doesn't and dividing the total cost evenly between all of us.

This is my 1st time go at this so any ideas from anyone and or Jan's input will help as well.

Sharo

Last edited by SharoSC02; 03-03-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:35 AM
rkw
OVERDRIVE
Received 121 Likes on 106 Posts
I hope we can hear from Jan about how other tuning events have been handled. It seems fair enough if people just show up and get in the queue. However, it does make very inefficient use of everybody's time and hard to plan for the rest of your day.

Can we at least get a poll on when everybody expects to arrive?

I plan to get there around 10 am Friday. I will need to be finished up by around 3 pm.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Revolution Mini Works
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rkw
I hope we can hear from Jan about how other tuning events have been handled. It seems fair enough if people just show up and get in the queue. However, it does make very inefficient use of everybody's time and hard to plan for the rest of your day.

Can we at least get a poll on when everybody expects to arrive?

I plan to get there around 10 am Friday. I will need to be finished up by around 3 pm.

what I have seen that works best is to have a floating schedule
plan on being there an hr early for best results

Old 03-04-2008, 06:31 AM
sandini
1st Gear
I plan on arriving at 8 am Friday

Old 03-04-2008, 07:13 AM
70spop
6th Gear
Originally Posted by SharoSC02
70spop- No problem, just let me know and I will put you on the Friday's list. The thing is that the earlier everyone comes the sooner they can have the lower number taken so they can get their tune.
OK, Friday is a go, so put me down as confirmed. With traffic and coming from Sacramento, I'm not sure exactly when I'll get down there, but I should be there by 9:00 am.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:37 AM
SharoSC02
5th Gear
1-brownflyer---->Confirmed "Thursday March 6th session"
2-kmickey------->Confirmed "Thursday March 6th session"
3-kazlot--------->Confirmed "Thursday March 6th session"
4-latte hiatus--->Confirmed "Thursday March 6th session"
5-MINICHEF---->Confirmed "Thursday March 6th session" between 2-4pm
6-Checkers----->Confirmed "Thursday March 6th session"
7-tazio---------->Confirmed "Thursday March 6th session"
8-chengchiro--->Confirmed "Thursday March 6th session"
9-SCA---------->Confirmed "Thursday March 6th Session" 5pm

10-A4blur-------->Confirmed "Friday March 7th Session"

11-mikenaron--->Confirmed "Friday March 7th session"
12-Twon--------->Confirmed "Friday March 7th session"
13-sandini------->Confirmed "Friday March 7th session"
14-rkw----------->Confirmed "Friday March 7th session" between 10am-3pm
15-yumhaggis--->Confirmed "Friday March 7th session"
16-Dr O.--------->Confirmed "Friday March 7th session"
17-70spop------->Confirmed "Friday March 7th session"
18-SharoSC02--->Confirmed "Friday March 7th session" Hopefully my car is ready

Last edited by SharoSC02; 03-04-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 AM
TWON
4th Gear
Although both days work fine for me, I can't be out too late on Friday (which I am scheduled for) as I have to work on Saturday, so I plan on getting there as early as possible, maybe even before the shop opens in hopes of being one of the first few and not risk a late night. If that conflicts with anyone, just let me know. Not to mention, the earlier I leave, the less traffic I will see.

Sandini, if you are interested in leaving a little bit earlier, we can work it out this week and cruise down together.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Mini'mon
Former Vendor
All,

I'm out. Can't make it. I found out about this too late to take advantage of Jan coming to town.

I may stop down to say hello and meet y'all on Friday afternoon.

Have fun!

-Clint

Old 03-04-2008, 10:43 AM
tazio
6th Gear
Just wanted to restate that I will need to get in and out between 9-12 on Thursday so I can make it back to work. Sounds like folks are willing to be flexible about that, so I'm not too worried.

Would like some more definition around dyno cost, though. Could we agree to pay a "base" amount when we show up and then work out any adjustments later via paypal?

Old 03-04-2008, 11:57 AM
TWON
4th Gear
Originally Posted by tazio
Would like some more definition around dyno cost, though. Could we agree to pay a "base" amount when we show up and then work out any adjustments later via paypal?
Good idea, that was my initial thought as well. However, then I remembered the paypal fee that would come, and that almost seems a waste.

With that said, if others are up for that, knowing there will be a small fee, I'm OK with it.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:23 PM
SharoSC02
5th Gear
OK here is what I'm thinking, the cost of 2 full days divided by 18 confirmed people comes out to roughly $111.00 per person. If we assume that we might go in to half day Saturday as well then the cost will be $138.00 person. Assuming that half day would be $500 more on top of the $2,000.

So I was thinking to have everyone come up somewhere in between which would be an even figure of $125.00 (median price) for the shop which sounds about as close as you can get.

The difference of potentially overpaying would be very minimal and at worst we would be paying about $15.00 per person more. I don't think that $15.00 at worst case scenario would kill anyone financially which in that case we would forward the remaining money to Jan.

If we end up short, which is unlikely, I would take care of the rest and have you fellas pay me through paypal.

Just a suggestion.
Sharo

Old 03-04-2008, 12:29 PM
brownflyer
Former Vendor
So, far we seem to have 18 confirmed. That equates to $111.11 a piece. I would suggest everyone bring $120. This gives us a total of $2,160, so just in case someone can't make it for whatever emergency that gives us enough of a cush to cover. If there are any monies remaining, then we can adjust via paypal or other method.

The question is, who will handle the dyno fee? or is it, pay as you tune...?

.....You beat me to it Sharo...$125 sounds good!

Last edited by brownflyer; 03-04-2008 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: RMW Bay Area Tuning Session