New York/New England New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine

CT MINI Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 01:52 PM
nbame786
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CT MINI Club

hey all you CT MINI owners out there...is there a CT club and if not do you guys want to start one? if interested....just say it on this thread

Old 08-17-2004, 02:19 PM
wmba
3rd Gear
Hi nbame!

There are a few of us in the Fairfield County are who have been talking about this already... and some guys have even gotten together a few times. Look in the regional forums under New York/New England (sorry.. I don't know how to post a link to another thread). You will find a thread talking about a club in the Fairfield County area... and I think there might be one for other parts of CT too.

I think there is enough interest to get something official going.

Old 08-17-2004, 02:33 PM
MINI-stir
2nd Gear
I think there's lots of interest, but nobody has had the time and/or ability to step up to the plate and spearhead organizing the thing. Sadly, I am one of those people-- I'd love to support a club when possible, but can't devote the time to doing a lot of the planning/logistics that are necessary for a club to really work. If you can, though, then I'd be happy to do what I can to support your efforts.

Keeping my eyes and ears open...

Old 08-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Originally Posted by MINI-stir
I think there's lots of interest, but nobody has had the time and/or ability to step up to the plate and spearhead organizing the thing. Sadly, I am one of those people-- I'd love to support a club when possible, but can't devote the time to doing a lot of the planning/logistics that are necessary for a club to really work. If you can, though, then I'd be happy to do what I can to support your efforts.

Keeping my eyes and ears open...
Hey DOOD since there is a chance of me gettin back there for good ..and well just cause...I'd be happy to help you guys get this thing off the ground...we got our club off the ground here about two months ago after MUCHO werk...like months and months..however, now that it has been done I am pretty sure I could help you guys get it going in a rather short time...

Also, you guys wouldn't have to problem we do...we have people all accross AZ...well that's 3-6 hrs of driving...LOL..last time I was there I made it to maine in under 6 hrs...LOL

anyway...I am going to call you since I think you must be home mooo haw haw hawwwwww

Old 08-17-2004, 02:50 PM
pbraun
5th Gear
Well, I still have this website, been thinking of just getting some links up, but now, not sure how to do it! Anyone who could help - that would be great!:smile:

Old 08-17-2004, 02:51 PM
nbame786
3rd Gear
hey guys, my MINI is coming the 21st of september...and i'd really like to get something organized...maybe have like a halloween rally or something? i'd like to do some runs in some fun areas, anyways....my email is my handle...at msn.com , so if you guys are interested in doing some kind of halloween run, and making a first official meeting maybe towards the end of september, or early october i'm game!

Old 08-17-2004, 03:02 PM
pbraun
5th Gear
There is a Halloween run upstate, and in RI......see : "Haunted MINI rally" thread on this forum. ...for more details!

Old 08-18-2004, 06:04 AM
jwardell
6th Gear
Not sure if you'd let out-of-staters in but I head home to CT every once in a while, and it's always on my map for MINI and AutoX events.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:19 AM
LOVEDOC
1st Gear
I Am In!

OK, I AM IN. WILL GET MY MCS END OF SEPT. I LIVE IN SO CONN. KEEP IN TOUCH.:smile:

Old 08-19-2004, 06:25 AM
CTMINI
2nd Gear
You know I'm all over this...

What's my name?

Old 08-19-2004, 07:06 AM
nbame786
3rd Gear
sounds good guys, yeah, my mcs comes in the end of september too...figure gimmie a week for break in :smile: and i'll get those miles counting

Old 08-19-2004, 09:45 AM
pbraun
5th Gear
Hey, far as I'm concerned, anyone with or without a MINI, but with enthusiasm for the brand is welcome!!!!!!!.

Check out : http://newyorkmini.org/ possible informal, somewhat organized, or not, run - event this Sunday ! ?????

There can always be a "meet and great", cruise day, car show - off anytime anyone wants , right ?????

Old 08-21-2004, 12:59 AM
GMINIO
5th Gear
for immediate relief:

meet in fairfield county at marcus dairy for a sunday of twisties into litchfield and dutchess counties, fellers. one and all. 9 am. se the 12mdc thread always above this one. :p

Old 11-18-2004, 12:12 PM
CTMINI
2nd Gear
Anything new here?
A run? Moving ahead with plans to get this club going?
I'd be willing to help if I'm not the only one doing it.

One more thing: Can anyone suggest a place to get a pulley installed that is not Speedtechnik? I would prefer a reputable place that has worked on an MCS before and I keep on missing Randy's pulley parties in the area.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:16 PM
wmba
3rd Gear
I have considered putting together a website and message board for a Fairfield County MINI Club. I guess it could be for all of CT, but I wanted to start small. Thought we could set up a board where people in the area could organize thier own runs and meets, and then do a few "official" meets each year.

I am very busy right now, but might look into it a little more next month or early January. I obviously couldn't do it all myself... so if/when I get around to it, I will certainly post here looking for help.

Old 11-18-2004, 12:29 PM
minimort
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pulley Install

You can go to YarrowSport in RI, he's a good guy

http://www.yarrowsport.com

Old 11-18-2004, 12:47 PM
mini_one
Coordinator :: U.S. MINI Club (Long Island)
Maybe I can Help?

Established March 2003. USMiniClub.com and .org has been finally on the web for a month now, and we are looking nationwide for MC owner clubs in need to have a place to share common interests. The first one is a New York, long Island chapter soon to have a Forum, and chat room with member gallery. Before I go in to any details email me if you are willing to host YOUR own CHAPTER there? We also have a Forum right here if you interested. Each chapter would be under the full control of the host! No obligation just time and dedication counts.

maitlto:host@USMiniClub.com

Paul, your Host.

Old 11-18-2004, 02:19 PM
GMINIO
5th Gear
The More The Merrier

There are umpteen local forums and one dedicated site (NewYorkMINI.org) to this area. Grass roots, local and proud. Seems to be where it's happenin. It could use another friend, I guess. The more the merrier. There's always been talk of a bizarro MINI club sighting...

Old 11-20-2004, 04:44 AM
MaxaMini
4th Gear
Try this..
http://newyorkmini.org/Forums/viewto...770.html#26770

RESERVOIR DOGS RUN 1 REDUX

Where: Westchester & Putnam counties, NY
When: Sunday, November 21
Meet: 9:30 AM
Run: 10:00 AM
End: 4:00 PM (approx.)

* Bare naked trees
* Gleaming bodies of water
* Twisty back-country lanes
* Stone dams and gorges
* Rustic country-side
* Obscenely scenic
* Purely MINIsensual

Starting and Ending point will be the Kensico Dam Plaza, in Valhalla NY:
(N 41° 4.3063 W 73° 46.1225)(UTM 18 603442E 4547455N).
MAPQUEST LINK of starting/ending point.

Anyone who wants to join me in repeating last year's RDR 1 rally, I'm going to do it this Sunday. I won't be handing out rally notes, diapers or anything else. So please download the PDF of last year's notes, read it, and bring your own copy if you need it. The route will be EXACTLY the same, barring any road closures or construction detours. I don't expect nearly as many MINIs (if any, other than myself) as we had the first time, so this whole run may go a bit quicker. I'm doing this because it's a much needed MOTORING FIX for me before the holidays/year-end/snow-fall approach, and I have a habit of redoing memorable things on their first anniversaries. Sorry for the short-notice, but that's the way it is...

DOWNLOAD THIS PDF for the original RDR handout. (Be patient, 2.5 MB)

READ THIS MINI2 THREAD for all the history about this rally.

READ THIS MINI2 THREAD for all the picture links and aftermath banter of the original RDR.

Old 11-21-2004, 06:34 PM
nsormaz
Neutral
CT Mini Club

There's a ton of Mini owners here in New Haven...including me. Please keep us up to date on plans for a CT club, I'm sure there would be quite a few people interested in participating.

Old 12-02-2004, 11:23 AM
CTMINI
2nd Gear
I was gone that weekend, as I will be this one. I can't believe I missed another RDR. I'll see what i can cook up before I put on my snows.

Old 12-08-2004, 11:08 AM
CTMINI
2nd Gear
Pete from MINI/Fairfield Co. just told my buddy we're doing a run starting at Marcus Dairy on Sunday the 12th, is that right? Because I am there.
(copied from "Litchfield hills" thread)

Old 12-08-2004, 12:47 PM
onasled
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Never been to this thread before as I've never ventured into the 'Club and Regional Area' before.

** CTMINI, I won't be around this Sunday so I will miss the gathering at Marcus.

** Looking for Minis in the Quiet corner area of CT to touch base with.

** If anyone could use some help with installs, I can help you out, usually.

Will check in here more often. We need to get the CT minis together.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:39 PM
GMINIO
5th Gear
Holy crap, onasled. You just reminded me of how happy maxamini was to have your help with his alta breather. Wanna help me fiugure out how to get Ian Cull's dsc/auto-up installed on a gauge filled mc40 center fascia?

Old 12-08-2004, 02:19 PM
tontobird
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to be an honorary CTMINI Club member, as I'm here part time. Not to mention that my first rally ever was in Litchfield, July 2003. Remember that John? You were pissed about something....was it related to the brake light mod? Anyway, I have a MINI/Mini Owners of New Jersey event to attend on Sunday......yes, I do get around!:smile:

O.K., John, I also need to install the auto-up circuits in my MINIs. I know it shouldn't be all that difficult without the gauges, but honestly, I haven't even opened the box yet.

I want to install new gasket sets on the front brake caliper pistons as mine are deteriorating from heat. A new pulley belt. And I have some precut scoop screens that I want to install as well as some mud flaps. Check brake pads, haven't done so since last track day (11/19), bleed brakes, rotate tires, change the oil and put modded MINI away for the winter. I'm also buying a rear sway bar by RDR from Eric at Helix. I think that about covers it.

Quick Reply: CT MINI Club