New Mexico MINI Motoring The club forum of the New Mexico MINI Motoring. Visit the club site at www.nmmini.org

New to NM

Old 02-18-2008, 10:33 PM
//MZero
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to NM

Hey guys...well, I'm coming from CA to Albuquerque for a job. I'm going to be out here for at least a year so I figured I'd say hello. Though your boards don't exactly appear to be very active

Are there any of you out there? How is the Mini dealership in Abq? Do many of you do track days? I plan to go to SWMS quite a few times while I'm out here, as well as attend AutoX's

So if there are still any of you out there. Hello, I'm Eric. I look forward to meeting you guys sometime.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Shellbell
5th Gear
Hi Eric! Welcome from Colorado!
I've been to the dealership there in Albuq & it's a beautiful dealership!! I'm not sure how active the club is but I met some nice folks from the NM club last year at AMVIV (Vegas MINI event)!

Old 08-02-2008, 08:53 PM
BlueBonnet
6th Gear
http://www.nmmini.org

Hi Aero. The new mexico club doesn't seem to use the club link on NAM. But check out their website and join.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:42 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Hey, we're active!

We even keep an eye on things from Colorado! And you are just in time for your first big Rocky Mtn MINI event, MINIs in the Mountains!

Starts this Wednesday night at Copper Mtn Resort...check it out at

www.MINIsintheMountains.com

and check us out at

www.MINI5280.org

and check our sister club out at

www.MINIsrock.com

Welcome to the Rockies!

Jonathan
Englewood, CO.

JPS

Old 08-03-2008, 09:01 AM
//MZero
4th Gear
Sorry guys, I have had an interesting past 6 months to say the least and well, I just recently moved back to CA

Old 08-03-2008, 03:25 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Either he did not like NM

or the girl made promises.

I vote for the latter. Happens all the time.

JPS

Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
Sorry guys, I have had an interesting past 6 months to say the least and well, I just recently moved back to CA

Old 08-03-2008, 06:47 PM
//MZero
4th Gear
Lol...^ neither

Had a job working for New Mexico Airlines (I'm a pilot), surprise surprise, I got laid off like so many other pilots right now. This was back in April actually, then I went and flew for a cloud seeding operation (weather modification) in West Texas...I couldn't stand that place though, or the job, or the boss, or many of the other aspects so I decided to leave and come back to CA. I'm happy out here and will probably pick up a job flight instructing once I get the rating.

Its expensive to live out here, but I think there is a reason for that...

Old 08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
BlueBonnet
6th Gear
Hey, SLO is the last best hope for driving in California. Beautiful area for flying I understand as well. Hey, still time to drive to Copper Mt. for MITM! I'll tell you, there may be Texan's there, but it ain't a Texan thing. As I recall, no big hair (it wouldn't survive Mt. Evans at Midnight (nakkid)).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: