Navigation & Audio Navi questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 07:39 PM
starman
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Navi questions

My car arrived today and I drove it for the first time wondering about the Navi. Does the screen not show you estimated time of arrival, miles to go or anything like that? I just haven't had time to read up on it and was wondering. I've used Garmins and Tom Toms before but is this system unique to MINI?

Old 06-29-2012, 07:06 AM
y8s
4th Gear
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Lower right corner shows you ETA and is updated depending on traffic conditions. I forget if it shows miles to go, but probably.

the hardest part is finding the turn-by-turn direction list but it's in there somewhere!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:00 AM
starman
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't see anything but the map in the lower right hand corner. There is a small window in the upper right that says what I'm listening to and a small window in the lower left hand corner that shows the scale of miles, but I didn't see any other window in the lower right. I guess I better find and read the operation manual. :(

Old 06-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Mojito
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by starman
I didn't see anything but the map in the lower right hand corner. There is a small window in the upper right that says what I'm listening to and a small window in the lower left hand corner that shows the scale of miles, but I didn't see any other window in the lower right. I guess I better find and read the operation manual. :(
obviously you need to select an address to travel to. after you complete that and it returns to the main map menu, push to the right on the scrolling **** and you'll get to the options. Select show arrow on map

then you will see this

If you deselect it, you would get this

Also, you can go into the Connected or any other tab, and as you need to turn you'll get voice and the screen will flash with the turn info. So you don't have to keep it on the Nav as you go

Old 07-04-2012, 03:41 PM
MiniDan
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Navigation POI Search

I have a 2005 MCS with navigation, and, while the nav works pretty well for me, it has a somewhat annoying search function. In order to search for a POI, you first have to determine what category it is in, and then search that category. For some things this is obvious and works well (restaurants for example), but for other things it is difficult to figure out what category to even search in (try searching for the nearest "office depot").

My question is: has this been improved on the latest navigation unit? (It's hard to try this in a demo because the nav units are never enabled on demo cars at the dealer.)

I see from some web review that there is an item called A-Z search. Does this allow you to search for something strictly by name? If so, does it then order the results by distance?

(I recently tried a similar function on the VW RNS315 navigation system in a Golf TDI, and it worked great. It would start listing results, closest first, and adding farther ones as it found them.)