Navigation & Audio No sound when connect iPhone via usb or bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:29 PM
pang111
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No sound when connect iPhone via usb or bluetooth

Hi,

I just got my mini countryman S all4 yesterday and I'm still playing around. I connected my iPhone 3Gs to the usb port to play my music on iTunes. Everything seems to work, except there is no sound! The screen shows the track that it's playing and it shows the album cover, but it's completely quiet. I tried connecting using bluetooth as well and the exact same thing happened. I could place a call but i couldn't hear the dialtone or anything.

Any advice on what I should do? I adjusted the volume on my phone and on the car under AUX front->Volume. Not sure if that's correct or not.

Thanks much!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:27 AM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Are you using the cable that came with the car? Other cables may not work since you need an an audio 30 pin to make this work.

Not sure about the bluetooth. Do you have MINI Connected?

A call to your Motoring Advisor is probably the fastest way to resolve your issue. I'm surprised they let you leave without hooking all of that up for you. That's usually park of the delivery service.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:56 AM
rewdpost
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pang111
Hi,

I just got my mini countryman S all4 yesterday and I'm still playing around. I connected my iPhone 3Gs to the usb port to play my music on iTunes. Everything seems to work, except there is no sound! The screen shows the track that it's playing and it shows the album cover, but it's completely quiet. I tried connecting using bluetooth as well and the exact same thing happened. I could place a call but i couldn't hear the dialtone or anything.

Any advice on what I should do? I adjusted the volume on my phone and on the car under AUX front->Volume. Not sure if that's correct or not.

Thanks much!
I felt silly until I realized that you can't get sound through just the USB connection. You need to use the Y-cable that came with the car and have both the USB and AUX plug connected to get sound out of an iPhone.
Not sure about bluetooth streaming though. The calls work correctly on my phone even when it's not physically connected.
Maybe you need to enable to bluetooth audio option?

Old 06-29-2011, 06:39 PM
pang111
Neutral
I was using the white apple usb cable...I didn't get any cables with the car. I'll have to go back and ask my dealer...

Thanks for the help!

Old 12-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Ajconsu
Neutral
Originally Posted by rewdpost
I felt silly until I realized that you can't get sound through just the USB connection. You need to use the Y-cable that came with the car and have both the USB and AUX plug connected to get sound out of an iPhone.
Not sure about bluetooth streaming though. The calls work correctly on my phone even when it's not physically connected.
Maybe you need to enable to bluetooth audio option?
I supose that you can get sound through an AUX connection and the iPhone charging through USB connection. So, what are the benefits of the Y cable?
Can you control the iPhone by car with it?

Old 12-05-2011, 04:31 PM
rewdpost
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ajconsu
I supose that you can get sound through an AUX connection and the iPhone charging through USB connection. So, what are the benefits of the Y cable?
Can you control the iPhone by car with it?
With connected, yes you get full control of the iPhone/iPod using the built in external interface. Audio/Video/MINI Apps all function using both connections.