Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio satellite radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 08:25 AM
Chips-O'Toole
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone hear any news about the Serius radio that the 2003's are prewired for? As I understand it, we will still need to buy some components from MINI, when they release them, to get satellite through the regular radio. Can anyone confirm that, or does anyone know anything else about this?

I have found some threads about an XM antenna, that it sounds like one must add in addition to the regular antenna. Is this true, too, or is this just for XM, while Serius might be different?

Looking for any satellite radio info while my wee one is still in the shop after getting rear ended...

thanks all.

Old 03-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Vtlsgns
Neutral
This seems to be about one of the most talked about topics around. Problem is no one has a very good answer. I mailed (snail mail) MINI and I revieved an ambigious answer... "The adapter for sat. applications will be forthcoming in the near future and will be availible at your dealer" I had asked specifically about the Sirius system, but as you see not much help. The dealers in my area (4) have no clue whatsoever... I'm dying for help on this topic too...

Old 03-03-2003, 05:35 PM
My1stMINI
1st Gear
As I understand it, the Alpine-made I-bus compatible Sirius remote module will be available in March 03. MY03 Alpine boost radios are supposed to be Sirius-ready with appropriate software and pre-wired to the boot-connector for simple installation of the receiver module (and antenna). Dealers should have information soon (I hope!).