Navigation & Audio Bring your GPS and favorite CD or MP3. This is where navigation and audio options for the Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs are discussed.

Navigation & Audio Nav Froze? (not literally, I Hope)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 02:54 PM
ChrisWyso
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav Froze? (not literally, I Hope)

So I get into the car this morning to come to work, and the nav is only showing a white screen where the map should be drawing. It never changed the entire way to work. The satellite icon was up and the lower bar with the temp were on, just the map area was completely white. Also, the temp was updating, and so was the satellite icon from time to time too. Any suggestions? We'll see what happens what I leave to go home tonight. If it's doing the same thing, I may pop the DVD out & back in. We had some biting cold over the weekend here in Chicago, but I wouldn't think it would effect it. The car was in the garage all weekend, not started until this morning, but it had no problems starting. Thanks.

-Chris

Old 02-20-2006, 03:18 PM
HowardPM
4th Gear
I had

my nav system locked up completely once. The only way I was able to fix it was eject the DVD and put it back in. Not sure how it even froze I was like changing something while it was trying to calculate a route.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:19 PM
ChrisWyso
1st Gear
Froze Update

Well, when I got in the car to go home, all was fine. Don't know why she hiccuped, but she did. And the nav had the right location as soon as it came up, so I think it was tracking all the way to work, just had a display glitch. Thanks for the reply.

-Chris