Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio r56 vRadio selections grayed out display and cd work

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 08:49 AM
Skhunt
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r56 vRadio selections grayed out display and cd work

Ok hive mind, i come to you and your great wisdom and experience after searching the forums and internet. I can never find something matching my issue fully or mostly fully.

I have a 2007 cooper s R56 hatchback and have a really weird issue. About 2 weeks ago the Sat stopped receiving a signal and then the Sat selection grayed out. FM/AM/CD/Aux worked.

Yesterday when i was driving the FM stopped working and all but the SAT the selections were yellow, so i could switch to either fm/am/cd/aux. FM/AM selection yellow but no AUDIO, CD/AUX selection yellow plays with AUDIO. i could switch to other menu setting functions in menus like information, settings, tires ect... The only AUDIO selection that worked was the CD/aux.

After turning the car off and overnight the only thing that is NOT grayed out that works and that i can select is the CD/aux. The cd plays and sound is great, the Aux.. well that was never the best but it plays. The display is very dim and shows all AUDIO, besides CD/AUX, Items are grayed and un-selectable.

When the SAT went out i thought it might have been the sat tuner that was bad and it is often reported as such by others, but when the fm/am died yesterday I'm thinking something else. The fuses and such look good, all connection on radio back are good. Big pain to get to and see but they are on tight. So ANY ideas of what it might be that i can look at or is a common issue? Ease of repair if its not the radio head? Something common or issues that my point to something? I'm a little fuzzy on the whole antenna thing. Are the FM/am and SAT antennas separate with separate modules ore something or on the same Module/connection but different circuits in system?

On a similar note the NAV DVD player died long ago but i have another head unit. Id the DVD player replaceable without having to swap heads?

Thanks for any info or assistance you may have.
-S