Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio 2007 Mini Cooper S. Can't find a accessory wire anywhere!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 09:48 PM
Mark Ewington
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mini Cooper S. Can't find a accessory wire anywhere!

Hi everyone.
​​​​​​I have been reading forum posts all day and night and i can't find anyone with the same problem as me.
I have taken the alpine unit out and replaced it with a pioneer headunit. I brought the easy plug and play cable and plugged everything in and there is no sign of power from the headunit.
So I pulled everything out again and checked that I had a constant power, yes i did.
Accessory power, no none
So i followed the wire from the aftermarket plug and play plugs and the red wire (accessory) was plugged in to a pin connecting to the factory plug but the factory plug didn't have a pin there at all. So i started testing all the other wires and there were 8 speaker wires plus 5 others.
1 earth, confirmed
1 constant power (not sure about this any more as it seems to lose power over time)
3 other wires, no idea what they do but 2 of them have a weak power signal and 1 of them has nothing but maybe the dimming wire for the lights but i forgot to check for that.
I used the same earth as the stereo and tested all the wires and found no accessory power wire. So i tested the back of the speedo, hazard lights wire, heater control wire and windows/lights switches wires and still no accessory wire. I can find constant power on all of those but nothing that switches on and off with inserting the key like the alpine stereo did.
Hopefully someone can enlighten me as im starting to run out of hair!
Thanks!