'16 F54 with HK stereo... bluetooth with iPhone 8 issues... - North American Motoring

Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

'16 F54 with HK stereo... bluetooth with iPhone 8 issues...

Old 07-11-2018, 12:37 PM
2nd Gear

'16 F54 with HK stereo... bluetooth with iPhone 8 issues...

Used to have an '11 R55 and get in the car and it would pair immediately and play music and answer the phone. Hang up the phone, and music starts all through bluetooth. Effortless.

New '16 F54 with same HK stereo and connecting through bluetooth I have to have the music app going on my phone and then click on the radio icon on the center panel so that music plays from a non bluetooth source (e.g. am/fm) and then click on the icon above that (devices) and then go to -> paired devices -> iPhone 8 so that I can get the album art (which is sporadic) as well as the ability to skip a song because I don't have a steering wheel that will allow me to do that (even though it is a JCW steering wheel)...

What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't be this cumbersome to just jump in the batmobile and have streaming music. Might be related but I also can't get texts in my car either?

Any help would be appreciated.