Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Radio Knobs

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 11:10 AM
WHOGAS
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio *****

Just bought a '14 R57 and I'm putting the original MINI radio back in. I just noticed that I'm missing the two buttons that control station or tract change. Local MINI dealer told they are not available...so...does anyone have a bad radio or one they'll never use who would be willing to part with these...or...do you know where I can get these? THANKS!!!

Attached Thumbnails Radio Knobs-img_1021.jpg  
Old 05-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Whine not Walnuts
OVERDRIVE
Received 625 Likes on 554 Posts
Going to move this to the Gen2 side for you. You got to remember that some of us Gen1 guys dont even have radios.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:44 PM
WHOGAS
Neutral
Ah....Thank You!! Still a Rookie at this end--much appreciated!!!

Old 05-09-2017, 02:08 PM
3lusive
5th Gear
Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts
Check local junkyards if they have 2011+ minis, probably your best bet. It does look like those buttons do not come separately from the radio assembly. For some reason the volume and menu ***** do come separately...

Old 10-01-2017, 05:33 AM
Aquavette
2nd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WHOGAS
Just bought a '14 R57 and I'm putting the original MINI radio back in. I just noticed that I'm missing the two buttons that control station or tract change. Local MINI dealer told they are not available...so...does anyone have a bad radio or one they'll never use who would be willing to part with these...or...do you know where I can get these? THANKS!!!
Ever find replacements?

Old 10-01-2017, 05:36 AM
WHOGAS
Neutral
Not yet

Old 10-01-2017, 08:57 AM
Aquavette
2nd Gear
Thanks.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:02 PM
Kevdog
2nd Gear
Back in December during my final "under warranty" visit I had my track forward button addressed. One morning it just popped out. It seemed like it should just push back in. I did not see anything which appeared broken. I just hope if you can pop it out from an older radio, that it will just push in!

The solution was for them to replace to whole radio! I lost my coding because they also had to re-program the radio to the car. I was able to get them to tell me the version of the datens and get my coding back.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Aquavette
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Kevdog
Back in December during my final "under warranty" visit I had my track forward button addressed. One morning it just popped out. It seemed like it should just push back in. I did not see anything which appeared broken. I just hope if you can pop it out from an older radio, that it will just push in!

The solution was for them to replace to whole radio! I lost my coding because they also had to re-program the radio to the car. I was able to get them to tell me the version of the datens and get my coding back.
Exactly my question.
I found a non working unit at a salvage yard, complete with all buttons.
Will I be able to remove one from it and replace mine?

The car is still under full warranty. May simply leave at the dealer, and let them deal with it.