Navigation & Audio Audio upgrades, bluetooth, and navigation discussions surrounding the Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Navigation & Audio Swapping in OEM Nav in R55

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 05:12 PM
saltnpeppa
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Swapping in OEM Nav in R55

I am getting some conflicting answers, been searching for a while and I am not getting anything too clear. I have found a supposed working R56 Speedo/Nav on eBay for $350. Now my currrent Clubbie has just the big Speedo and I would like to upgrade to the OEM Speedo/Nav. Not really wanting an aftermarket unit. If I buy this off eBay is it literal plug and play? I am just curious as to how hard this would be. Much appreciated for any help.

Old 09-30-2017, 04:09 AM
njaremka
Alliance Member
Received 1,718 Likes on 1,384 Posts
I don’t think it’s as easy as getting the information display speedometer. The CD player is different, since it is used for maps updates. Also, the center console is different, since that’s where the nav control ***** reside.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:37 PM
cgr
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just did the swap with a CCC unit - you need at least the new jeadunit (DVD player, radio, cd player all in one), the new speedo/display unit, a new mid console with the joystick, a new dashboard harness or a self-made wiring kit. Plus a new mid console for the headunit/heater ocntrol, plus a new GPS antenna plus wiring.

All doable, but not a simple swap of just a display unit, ... sorry ;-)