MTH Discussion (Archive) Have or interested in MTH software upgrades for your MINI? This is the place! Sponsored by MTH.

intouch with mth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:33 AM
dmh
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do get it. I am the US rep of the Vendor and that is what I am trying to tell you.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:07 AM
DeadEye
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dmh
US rep
!= Vendor

Old 07-13-2006, 10:11 AM
dmh
Former Vendor
When quoting please be more accurate.
US rep of the Vendor. Thank you

Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 PM
phillyunderworld
2nd Gear
wow ! that was crazy.like **** ona bull . pointless

Old 07-14-2006, 12:26 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say that it is time the Mods start stepping up and controlling this mess. Vendor is equal to US rep as they have direct contacts to them. Volker used to post out here on a regular basis, but he is now gone, so get over it. DMH has stepped up and tried to help, but most of you simply flame him, what is the point? The guy is just trying to help and has pointed people to OTHER dealers, not just himself. Bottom line is that if you want answers, try going here...

http://mth-powerchip.de/_neu1407/e_index.php

If that doesn't work, you could call German information and get a phone number. Hope you speak decent German.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:30 AM
tech-gi
2nd Gear
Red Eye?

You smoke dat BC Bud mon?

Old 07-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Ranzo
4th Gear

Originally Posted by tech-gi

Old 07-16-2006, 06:27 PM
DeadEye
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tech-gi
Make it Jaimaican again ...

Old 07-18-2006, 04:52 AM
minti
1st Gear
... even in Germany (where MTH, "the vendor", is located) MTH is represented by Dealers only (and they do a good job).

When I post, that I am still waiting for my header, this should be a status of my personal case to provoke others to post if they are in the same situation. My post should not be a valuation of MTH at all.

@DeadEye: I feel sorry for You, I don't know (or don't understand) what Your problem is. dmh is quite supportive, isn't he.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Ranzo
4th Gear
I'm still waiting for my file... since July 3rd.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:55 PM
cabmeister
3rd Gear
I have been following this thread and it infact lead me to switch from one dealer to another .I`m certainly not going to throw any stones at the previous dealer but would like to bring to your attention the help and the curtious reception I received from my new dealer.DMH of Precision Mini has worked hard to try to sort any and all of y`alls problems/concerns/worrys and a bunch of times been flamed .Probably not on purpose but I believe ,just a lack of understanding .Still he continues to try to help . Thats why I changed .The gentleman from Precision Mini did not want any sort of payment from me at all.
So after sending him the required information which was on Sunday pm.the 16th I received a new file for my next update which will be an Alta header Today in the am.I could not believe it, super fast .
This sort of treatment led me to make this post .If your tearing your hair out waiting for results / if you want Supreme customer service it goes without saying if you want the MTH upgrade ,
give Precision Mini a call.

My bad used vendor instead of dealer

Old 07-18-2006, 03:44 PM
Ranzo
4th Gear
WORD! Precision Mini ROCKS! I'm not even his client and he is helping me out! I'm sorry but MTH USA works like a turtle.

Originally Posted by cabmeister
I have been following this thread and it infact lead me to switch from one vendor to another .I`m certainly not going to throw any stones at the previous vendor but would like to bring to your attention the help and the curtious reception I received from my new vendor .DMH of Precision Mini has worked hard to try to sort any and all of y`alls problems/concerns/worrys and a bunch of times been flamed .Probably not on purpose but I believe ,just a lack of understanding .Still he continues to try to help . Thats why I changed .The gentleman from Precision Mini did not want any sort of payment from me at all.
So after sending him the required information which was on Sunday pm.the 16th I received a new file for my next update which will be an Alta header Today in the am.I could not believe it, super fast .
This sort of treatment led me to make this post .If your tearing your hair out waiting for results / if you want Supreme customer service it goes without saying if you want the MTH upgrade ,
give Precision Mini a call.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:53 PM
minibull2
2nd Gear
Don from Precision is an upstanding guy ....

I had an issue with my original JCW Tuner file ... Don sent the file back and they reworked it.

I received the file a couple of days ago and so far so good.

Bottom line is that he follows thru with what he says ... no lip service.

I also realize that Don really does care.

Give the guy a chance and I think you will be pleased.

Best,

MiniBull

Old 07-19-2006, 07:12 AM
minti
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Ranzo
WORD! Precision Mini ROCKS! I'm not even his client and he is helping me out! I'm sorry but MTH USA works like a turtle.
due to my limited knowledge, MTH-USA is just another dealer as precision-mini is a MTH dealer (@dmh: correct me if I am wrong).

The vendor is www.mth-minipower.de and the dealers are listed here:

http://www.mth-minipower.de/index.ph...endler&lang=en

hope this helps and does not cause any confusion (I am only a MTH customer)

Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 AM
daflake
6th Gear
No confusion. MTH-USA is the vendor that he was saying was slow. Because of that, Don (Precision Mini) helped him get his file. DMH has gone out of his way to really help. I hope that you guys haven't run him off.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:47 AM
dmh
Former Vendor
It is unfortunately not well understood on NAM but "MTH-USA" in no way affiliated with the original German company MTH (Motorentechnik Hoelzl). Meaning: "MTH-USA" is a company who themselves reserved the mth-powerchip.com and mth-usa.com domains, and "adopted" the MTH logo/appearance. "MTH-USA" is a company dealing in MTH software; but is neither a MTH subsidiary or branch.

MTH-USA doesn't even respond to my efforts in contacting them. Be warned: If you
purchase files through them you might be disappointed when MTH-USA offers no follow-up service – a vital part of the tuning business.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Ranzo
4th Gear
Still no response from MTH USA

Wow. After a week, 4 emails and a voice message, MTH USA has failed to respond. Researching this forum, I noticed that Patrick A.K.A. Tradiuz has done this to his customers before. Is he out of business or something? Or straight up just doesn't give a crap about his customers? Luckily Don is helping me out. I don't want to be a bastard but should I post a warning about this guy/vendor? It's been 3 weeks since I sent my files in.

Even if he is sick or on vacation or whatever he should at least forward a message to all his customers letting them know what the heck is going on. This makes me feel like a got totally jacked!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:42 PM
FUEGO
4th Gear
There are still plenty of 'agents' that are stepping up to the plate for their local folks and I have to hand it DMH (Don) for trying to get a handle on it here on NAM. Check here for a dealer near you.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:58 PM
daflake
6th Gear
This is true. Many dealers are stepping up to help. I ordered the files from via Don on Friday night and got them back yesterday. All in all Don is very quick to respond and Precision MINI is simply awesome in customer support. Thanks again Don!

Old 07-26-2006, 04:24 AM
Johan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by dmh
MTH-USA doesn't even respond to my efforts in contacting them. Be warned: If you
purchase files through them you might be disappointed when MTH-USA offers no follow-up service – a vital part of the tuning business.
So true...So can I just get files from you now? How much is a tuner file going for? Thanks! -- Johan

Old 07-26-2006, 04:40 AM
dmh
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Johan
So true...So can I just get files from you now? How much is a tuner file going for? Thanks! -- Johan
Yes, I am the place to get MTH from. And you'll need it especially since you are doing a head. Call or me. My contact info is at the bottom.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:53 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Johan
Johan,

Call Don or send him an e-mail. You won't be dissapointed.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Johan
5th Gear
Awsome!! Thanks I'll be sure to contact you when I need my new file -- Johan