Motoring Underground The Motoring Underground club forum. Visit our club site at www.motoringunderground.com

American Touge 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:49 AM
iDiaz
Coordinator :: Motoring Underground Club Forum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Touge 2

Hey all,

Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up. My car has been selected by Best Motoring International to compete in the preliminary round for Hot Version - American Touge 2. On December 20, 2005, it will be driven on Willow Spring's Horse Thief Mile by two of Japan's top race car drivers, Keiichi Tsuchiya and Manabu Orido, who will select 1-2 cars from each class to move on to the final battle to decide who wins the title of American Touge Monster. Best of all, this filming will be an open event, so you're all invited to come out and root for Spike, my 2004 MINI Cooper S.

More information can be on Best Motoring International's official website:

http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com/new...rticipant.html

Join the discussion on the last minute preparations on my MINI on this thread or over on motoring|underground:

http://www.motoringunderground.com/f...hread.php?t=13

Wish me luck! Hope to see you there!

-Ivan

Old 12-12-2005, 11:03 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Congrats on the initial selection and good luck.

Old 12-12-2005, 04:28 PM
iDiaz
Originally Posted by DiD
Congrats on the initial selection and good luck.
Thanks dude!

Old 12-12-2005, 06:03 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty exciting! Congrats!

I don't know how I'd feel about turning my baby over to a stranger to race . In my book, that takes some serious guts and/or trust!

Old 12-12-2005, 10:44 PM
iDiaz
Originally Posted by minims
Pretty exciting! Congrats!

I don't know how I'd feel about turning my baby over to a stranger to race . In my book, that takes some serious guts and/or trust!
Thanks! Ah, it takes a lot of trust, but there's no doubt in my mind that they've earned it. Keiichi is my favorite race car driver of all time, as he basically worked his way up from an underground canyon driver to become one of the most successful race car drivers in Japanese history. Here's a little somethin' from Wikipedia:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Tsuchiya started amateur racing in 1977 in the "Fuji Freshman" series. Unlike many drivers who came a traditional route via wealthy families or previous motorsport background, he honed his skills from street racing becoming an underground legend. He would continue to take part in the Japanese Formula 3, Japanese Touring Car championship both whilst driving a Nissan Skyline GT-R in the Group A championship and later a Honda Civic in the Supertouring car championship. He went on to score a class win and a top 10 place at the 1995 24 hours of Le Mans in a Honda NSX. In 1999 of the same race this time in a Toyota GT-One during the last hour whilst co driver Ukyo Katayama was building up pace to the leading BMW he was forced into the grass by a backmarker blowing the tyre out. They survived the ordeal and went on to score the fastest lap but were forced to settle for second. At 47 years of age, Tsuchiya announced his retirement from professional racing. His last race was the Japanese GT championship. After his retirement, he remained in racing and is now an Official D1 Grand Prix Judge and is GT300 Class Team Director of ARTA JGTC Team and continues to run the aftermarket suspension company Kei Office. He also hosts the television show "Best Motoring", which features road-tests of new Japanese cars, including a special section called "Hot Version", which focuses on performance modified cars. He is a guest presenter in Video Option, a monthly video magazine, similar to Hot Version, which also regularly covers the D1GP and sister video magazine Drift Tengoku which deals purely on drifting.
There's less information available on the web on Manabu Orido, but he's most definitely a force to be reckoned with. He's got years of Japan Grand Touring Championship (JGTC, now known as Super GT), Super Taikyu, and even seat time at LeMans.

Trust me, I don't let just anyone drive ol' Spike.

If you wanna see more of them, check out Best Motoring and Hot Version at http://www.bestmotoringvideo.com. Better yet, check out Hot Version - American Touge, so you can get an idea of what next week's sequel battle is all about.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:07 PM
blacknblue
Photographer / Beer Dude
How cool Ivan.
This is awesome!
I'm on vacation next week so I'll try and make it, despite the early hour.

Congratulations man!

-Juan

Old 12-13-2005, 08:28 AM
iDiaz
Originally Posted by blacknblue
How cool Ivan.
This is awesome!
I'm on vacation next week so I'll try and make it, despite the early hour.

Congratulations man!

-Juan
Cool! Just so you know, only the competitors have to be there at 7am. I'm not sure in what order they'll be running the cars, but you can definitely sleep in a little bit.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:51 AM
mini_r53
2nd Gear
I watched video just now. Your mini looks almost normal isn’t it?
I am wondering what kind of mod you did.
Mini is heavy as compact car.
I do think you better stripped off unnecessary driving parts (sunroof, rear seats and etc)

“Why u drive mini?” LOL
Many people also asked me the same question.
And tell me what a waste to drive mini on Touge.
People really think mini is slow car on Touge.
Yes it is but it is fun to drive on Touge rite?