Montrose Mini Cooper Rallies The Montrose Mini Cooper Rallies club forum. Visit our club site at www.montroseminicooperrallies.org

LOS ANGELES RALLY SET FOR 04-27-2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:23 PM
viper1060
Rally-Racin’ Freak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOS ANGELES RALLY SET FOR 04-27-2008

Don’t miss-out! The Montrose Mini Cooper Rally is laid out to be one of the best in the country! It has over 60-miles of great rolling 2-lane highways which includes The Angeles Crest National Forest, paved back roads through Santa Clarita & Canyon Country and yes, a little freeway & city street driving.

Get all the details at www.minicooperrally.com or www.montroseminicopperrallies.org. Don’t forget to sign-up.
Only 32-days left before the start of the rally

When you get to the “Rally Map Details” page let me know what you like about the course on the Google Maps link... Rally On

Old 04-01-2008, 09:34 AM
viper1060
Rally-Racin’ Freak
Who’s going on 04-27-2008?

Hi everyone, the Los Angeles Montrose Mini Cooper Rally as you are probably are aware, is set for April 27th, 2008 (just 23 days away). The course marker rally is for all Mini Cooper owners & enthusiasts that what to have some motoring fun with other Mini owners on that Sunday. Our goal is to have a minimum of 40 Mini Coopers participate in the rally (& it’s all free!)

We are rapidly approaching deadlines for commitments needed to support the rally and with that in mind, I would ask that if you are already planning to participate in the rally but have not yet signed-up please do so now. If you have already part of the rally squad THANK YOU!

Please encourage your motoring friends to sign-up as well as a “Squad Member” at www.minicooperrally.com or ww.montroseminicooperrallies.org. The 1st place Mini will receive $100 cash, 2nd place Mini $50 cash & 3rd place $25 cash! Rally On!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:25 PM
viper1060
Rally-Racin’ Freak
MMCR Super Spring Rally Questions & Video!

Hi everyone,

It's the Rallymaster of Montrose Mini Cooper Rallies checking in. I want to say THANK YOU for helping me getting the word out about the MMCR- Super Spring Rally (running on Sunday the 27th of April) to all the great Mini owners that have signed-up so far.

All the rally details are set & we are not far from reaching the goal of the minimum 40-Mini Cooper's to run the rally & don't worry we now have parking for more than 100. Some of you may be unsure of participating in the rally because of who, why & how questions you may have. With this in mind, I have had some questions that I have answered about the rally on other forms they were asked. So I am listing some of the A & Q?s here, hoping it will help clear up any uncertainties you may have about the MMCR- Super Spring Rally.

Q: Why was this rally set-up?
A: I was looking for a fun easy road rally in Los Angeles to participate in after we bought our Mini in 2007. But I wanted the rally participation to be for all types of Mini owners. I didn?t find an event that was specifically for motoring a Mini in a simple & fun rally format... So I started Montrose Mini Cooper Rallies.

Q: What skills do you need to participate in the rally?
A: Knowing how to drive a Mini Cooper and follow some simple driving instructions. Also, interacting with other Mini owners during the rally is a big part of the fun in this type of rally.

Q: Where is Montrose California (how far do I need to drive to have fun on Sunday)?
A: It?s about 15-minutes North from downtown Los Angeles, you exit the 210 or 2 freeway in to Montrose (zip code is 91020)

Q: What safety details can you tell me about the MMCR Super Spring Rally on 4/27/2008?
A: First, I want to say that speed is not a factor in a ?Course Marker Rally? (the type MMCR runs). We have made sure that most marker turn-offs are right-hand turns that avoid crossing oncoming traffic lanes. Likewise, from the marker getting back on the course is a right-hand turn. The only freeway on the course is the 210 & the section we are using has very low traffic on the weekends.

Q: How do you win the $100 bucks?
A: The way you win is by being able to follow instructions and working together. It?s a scavenger hunt / treasure hunt at each marker on the course, so you write down your answers on your score card at each marker. Also, the Mini?s with the least amount of mileage over the course minimum are determined to be the winners

Q: What roads and or freeways will we be using?
A: We will be using city, county & state public roadways, so all California road rules & laws must be followed. The road course we will be driving has been designed for low traffic, fun & scenic motoring. Over two thirds of the course is 2-lane country like roads which include part of the Angeles Crest Forest with no real steep up-grades or down grades. If you haven?t already, you can look at the full road course by going to our website at www.minicooperrally.com.

Q: What if I get lost or need help on the course?
A: For communication there will be at least two cell phone numbers for the participants to call for help during the rally if required (if you get lost or need help at a marker). Most of the course will be flowing with other Mini?s and their drivers, so help will always be close along the course.

Q: How will I be assured that everyone knows the safety requirements & rules?
A: The rules & safety instructions are going to be emailed to all the participants a week before the rally (they will also be in the rally packet). We will also have a pre-rally announcement & preparation meeting with all the participants as a group before the start of the rally.

Q: How much experience do I need to participate in the MMCR Super Spring Rally?
A: The MMCR Super Spring Rally is set up for 1st timers & the experienced for a fun motoring adventure with other Mini owners. Our rally rules are simple and the course map, marker instructions are fun and easy.

I hope these answers help clear up any worries about signing-up & participating in the rally. So if you want to have fun with the other Mini owners that have signed-up so far, sign you?re your self up now at www.minicooperrally.com now before its too late?

If you haven?t already looked at the new video about the rally, check both of them out at the following links;

Montrose Mini Cooper Rally Interviews #1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8UR_ik6IZk

Montrose Mini Cooper Rally Trailer Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoUtW4SXCbA

The Rallymaster
Montrose Mini Cooper Rallies
www.minicooperrally.com

Old 04-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Goldilocks
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in

Old 04-13-2008, 08:56 PM
viper1060
Rally-Racin’ Freak
Thanks for signing up with us for a fun Sunday!

Great Goldilocks! It’s going to be a great motoring day on the 27th… Did you sign-up already? If not please sign-up at http://montroseminicooperrallies.org/squad_member_sign_up_main.html as soon as you can. Please tell the other Mini owners you know to sign-up now, the more we have the better.

The Rallymaster

Montrose Mini Cooper Rallies
www.minicooperrally.com

Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 PM
viper1060
Rally-Racin’ Freak
Don’t Miss All The Fun!

We are approaching 30 sign-ups so far & we have 9-days to go! Let’s meet the goal of 40 before time runs out! Get the other Mini Cooper owners you know to sign-up now at www.minicooperally.com now before its too late! We don’t want them to miss all the fun on Sunday the 27th of April do we!

Attached Thumbnails LOS ANGELES RALLY SET FOR 04-27-2008-mmcr-logo.jpg   LOS ANGELES RALLY SET FOR 04-27-2008-copperairborn-copy.jpg   LOS ANGELES RALLY SET FOR 04-27-2008-roadsings.gif  

Last edited by viper1060; 04-17-2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: jpeg up-load
Old 04-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Goldilocks
6th Gear
I have a movie set clapboard -- you know the one - scene, take, etc. that they snap before they start shooting a scene. I can bring this and you can use it for your rally clips for the MMCR. Remind me when I get there - it's in the boot of my Cricket.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:41 AM
viper1060
Rally-Racin’ Freak
Great Stuff!

That will be fun! I was told that we may have a celebrity or two at the rally, so it will fit right-in during the interviews on Sunday morning!

Old 04-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Goldilocks
6th Gear
Please bring some chalk to write on it -I don't have any -- can't wait!!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:33 AM
viper1060
Rally-Racin’ Freak
www.minicooperrally.com

Have chock in the bag; we will see you this Sunday!

www.minicooperrally.com

Old 04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
viper1060
Rally-Racin’ Freak
We are at 33 Sign-ups!

We are at 33 Sign-ups so far ! This will be a great day of Motoring! Go to www.minicooperrally.com to sign-up before it's to late! We only have 4-days left...