Ralph Schomp saved my arms

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:43 AM
fizgigg
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralph Schomp saved my arms

Here's my story,

Attending MITM, going on a run, backed out of the parking stall with no problems. Drove out of the garage and tried to turn left, almost didn't make it due to my sudden loss of power steering. These cars suck without power steering. Parked the car and went looking for some help, found Jonathan who then introduced me to Devin from Ralph Schomp. He looked at my car and confirmed my fears, power steering failure, and me in Colorado with a 2 day drive home to California . Devin called the shop, talked to Robert, said they were very busy but would try to get me in. Drove to the dealership, little over an hour away, not liking city driving at all. Got to the dealership and found Rob, who was waiting for us. Before we finished the paperwork for a loaner they were already pulling my car in to the shop, talk about prompt service. Got the loaner (08 s), some directions on where to kill some time and off the wife and I went. Found the shopping center and had lunch, while eating got a call on the car, about 20 mins or so. Finished eating and started driving back to dealership with wife driving, got a call that car was done . Gave back the loaner, had to pry the keys from the wife, got my repaired car back and off to MITM we were. Total time to driving onto lot and driving off with car 2 hours. Now that is some darn good service, especially for having to fit us in.
Thanks to Jonathan, Devin, Rob, and the techs at the shop, and to Shelly for getting us a loaner car. Hats off to a job well done.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:32 AM
OVREZY
3rd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

After I arrived and opened the bonnet, noticed my upper Motor mount was leaking. The Schomp people had one on site. They installed - no charge for labor and discount on the part - total cost was $70.00 --

Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Tater Tot
2nd Gear
I had to work all weekend, my wife and I have a retail store at Copper called Metals Rock, thanks to all those who bought jewelry from us last weekend. We do appreciate it. I was at our Winter Park store, couldn't make it. But my wife did by me some winter mats for my 07 MC from Ralph Schomp on site store. I don't get them till my birthday!! See everyone next year

Old 08-12-2009, 12:50 PM
BlueBonnet
6th Gear
The Schomp pit stop on the parking structure at MITM identified a non spec screw in my convertible top frame which had been chipping the top of the rear window. I believe this screw went in a few years ago . . . I've had repeated issues in that area of the roof during those years. Screw replaced at Sandia Mini today . . . here's hoping the Schomp solution puts my top right at last.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:01 AM
pauhana
Take the high road
All that and more

Devin Scott, MINI Service Adviser for Schomp, also rides a mean unicycle! Race him sometime (I could only muster two wheels -- scooter). He can't resist a challenge. Now the question is, can Devin juggle?
--Rick

Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 PM
moe-jiller
3rd Gear
Small part - Big effort

The Schomp crew on the parking structure at MITM found a missing part to my Garmin. It was a small part but they were ready to remove my seats to help find it. Given that I do not have superior navigation skills it was a big thing to me. My thanks to the Schomp Techs for being available. PS - With the Garmin restored we did make it through the Denver and the Fort Worth/Dallas interchanges with no errors. ajm

Old 08-30-2009, 06:28 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
We tell stories like this

about our Schomp team on a regular basis. We are glad you had a good experience and we hope you will come back to see us again.

Jonathan

Originally Posted by fizgigg
Here's my story,

Attending MITM, going on a run, backed out of the parking stall with no problems. Drove out of the garage and tried to turn left, almost didn't make it due to my sudden loss of power steering. These cars suck without power steering. Parked the car and went looking for some help, found Jonathan who then introduced me to Devin from Ralph Schomp. He looked at my car and confirmed my fears, power steering failure, and me in Colorado with a 2 day drive home to California . Devin called the shop, talked to Robert, said they were very busy but would try to get me in. Drove to the dealership, little over an hour away, not liking city driving at all. Got to the dealership and found Rob, who was waiting for us. Before we finished the paperwork for a loaner they were already pulling my car in to the shop, talk about prompt service. Got the loaner (08 s), some directions on where to kill some time and off the wife and I went. Found the shopping center and had lunch, while eating got a call on the car, about 20 mins or so. Finished eating and started driving back to dealership with wife driving, got a call that car was done . Gave back the loaner, had to pry the keys from the wife, got my repaired car back and off to MITM we were. Total time to driving onto lot and driving off with car 2 hours. Now that is some darn good service, especially for having to fit us in.
Thanks to Jonathan, Devin, Rob, and the techs at the shop, and to Shelly for getting us a loaner car. Hats off to a job well done.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:37 PM
jewitcher
2nd Gear
Thanks to Ralph Schomp for last minute inspection on our clubman.
It was nice to have a certified person cking the HERSHEY car before
the trip back to Oklahoma.