MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 07:36 PM
joshknot
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty

Year: 2012
Make: MINI
Model: Clubman
Price: $16500
Mileage: 69500
Color: Black w/ Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest

SOLD!

------

UPDATE 2/12/18: Adding a number of additional pictures per request, showing both the custom steering wheel and the Sparco wheels that the car will come with.

------

It took me a while to find this extraordinarily well optioned JCW Clubman, and I hope to sell the vehicle to another enthusiast. The vehicle is still covered under a transferable MINI XXL factory warranty until 2/10/2019 or 100k in addition to a factory extended maintenance package good until 2/10/2018 or 100k (though all service is up to date ). The original cost for these service packages was in excess of $6,000 and gives the car similar coverage as a newly purchased MINI. It's an incredible peace of mind knowing that any issues are covered for the next year. The XXL factory warranty was the most comprehensive extended warranty offered from MINI at the time and comes with a minimal $50 deductible. I've included links at the bottom of the ad that give a detailed breakdown of what is covered under both of these service packages.

I am the third owner the car having purchased it just over 1 year ago from a NAM member. The car has been exclusively dealer serviced at MINI dealerships in San Francisco, Stevens Creek and Seattle. I have extensive service records including all paperwork, purchase agreements, and transfer of coverage forms for the warranty.

It would be difficult to find a more heavily optioned Clubman. The original window sticker was $42,250 before some very expensive "factory" options were added after the initial purchase. These include extremely rare factory leather "Euro Recaro" JCW seats. These seats were not an option in the US market and cost over $4k in parts and shipping alone. The factory audio system has also been upgrade with both Integral soundstage speakers and sub woofer. The parts alone costing over $2k. This high-end audio system was specifically designed for the R55 and works seamlessly with the stock SatNav head unit. The sub is hidden under the trunk floor. It sounds fantastic, here is more info on this system: https://integralaudio.com/soundstage...ni-cooper.html

A few additional tasteful modifications have been made:
- Shortly after purchase the stock front bumper was replaced with a factory Aero bumper with documented work performed by BMW/MINI of Concord (the Aero bumper would later become a standard option on all JCW's post 2012).
- License plate holder for the Aero front bumper
- Minor re-coding -- no Satnav startup warning, windows up/down during locking/unlocking, high beam/fog light override, etc.
- Shift indicator light
- A few other minor changes to lighting, etc

Modifications not pictured (pics available upon request):
- Satin black Sparco Pro Corsa wheels w/ 215/45ZR17 BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S tires
- Custom leather wrapped flat-bottomed sport steering wheel

Factory options include:
- Midnight Black Metallic: $500
- Leather Lounge Championship Red (seats): $2,000
- Cold Weather Package: $750
- Premium Package: $1,750
- Technology Packages: $2,000
- MINI Connected w/ Navigation: $750
- Rear Spoiler: $250
- Chrome-line exterior trim: $250
- Black Headlight housing: $100
- JCW Bonnet stripes: $100
- Dual Panoramic Sunroof: $1000
- Xenon headlights: $500
- Rear fog lamp: $100
- White turn signals: $100

The car is in excellent condition with only minor imperfections expected for a vehicle of this age and mileage (mostly highway miles btw). A brand new clutch and dual mass flywheel were installed ~3K miles ago at MINI of Stevens Creek! The clutch was not slipping/grinding, etc but was letting off high and replaced as a preventative measure. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the car and even if there was...it'd be covered under warranty. This was an earlier build 2012 with the N14 engine. I'm not particularity interested in parting out the Sub or Recaro's at this time. I'm selling the car due to a growing family that's given rise to a need for 4 proper doors. I am happy to take additional photos or answer any questions.

Detailed breakdown of what is covered under the MINI XXL Warranty: http://www.miniusa.com/content/dam/m...EVP_IN_BRO.pdf

Detailed breakdown of what is covered under the MINI extend maintenance program: http://www.miniusa.com/content/dam/m...t-Brochure.pdf

Attached Thumbnails 2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-michael-s-mini-cooper-clubman-outside-9524.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-michael-s-mini-cooper-clubman-outside-9530.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-michael-s-mini-cooper-clubman-outside-9518.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-michael-s-mini-cooper-clubman-outside-9514.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-michael-s-mini-cooper-clubman-9480.jpg  

2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-michael-s-mini-cooper-clubman-9479.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-michael-s-mini-cooper-clubman-9482.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-michael-s-mini-cooper-clubman-9504.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-img_3421.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-img_3415.jpg  

2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-img_3414.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-this-could-be-you-on-your-drive-back-to-seattle-.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-img_1096.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-img_1101.jpg   2012 MINI Cooper Clubman JCW + Extras with Factory Warranty-img_1099.jpg  

Last edited by joshknot; 03-23-2018 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Adding pics per request
Old 01-29-2018, 11:01 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 307 Likes on 221 Posts
Epic R55 Clubman. I remember when it was posted last year.

Old 01-29-2018, 01:54 PM
RedAggie03
4th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Oh my....

Old 01-30-2018, 08:21 PM
flyiingsparrow
2nd Gear
Those seats alone....

GLWS, I would definitely snag this if I had the money.

Old 01-31-2018, 05:25 PM
joshknot
3rd Gear
Thanks for the positive vibes, folks!

Old 02-05-2018, 04:38 PM
joshknot
3rd Gear
As February rolls in, the extended Maintenance contract lapses but leaves a full year of Factory Warranty and a price drop in its wake!

Old 02-08-2018, 08:30 AM
Larkin W.
2nd Gear
I also remember this car from last year. Interested for sure!

Old 02-09-2018, 01:08 PM
schreiber117
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi,

Where are you located? Your profile says "Seattle" but the car has CA plates. Also, you say it's an N14 engine, but the gauges are post LCI, I'd never seen that.

Don't get me wrong, GORGEOUS car! and I'm quite interested. Do you still have the factory wheels? I see Motegis installed, and you say you also have Sparcos.

Thank you in advance. Feel free to PM me for my email to continue the conversation.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:17 AM
joshknot
3rd Gear
Hey there- happy to answer questions!

Originally Posted by schreiber117
Where are you located? Your profile says "Seattle" but the car has CA plates. Also, you say it's an N14 engine, but the gauges are post LCI, I'd never seen that.
The car and I are both in Seattle; the pictures are from when I purchased it last year from the prior owner in CA (weather in Seattle lately hasn't allowed me to get a good wash/wax in for a new photo shoot).

Indeed it's an N14 engine! While the 2012 Cooper/Cooper S models moved to the updated engine, the factory JCW continued with the N14 for the 2012 model year. I'm happy to report that this N14 has fared much better than the one in my 2008 Cooper S; no issues to report whatsoever.

Originally Posted by schreiber117
Don't get me wrong, GORGEOUS car! and I'm quite interested. Do you still have the factory wheels? I see Motegis installed, and you say you also have Sparcos.
No factory wheels at this point, and the Motegis are gone too. I purchased the Sparcos and new tires almost immediately upon getting the car back up to Seattle.

We've had a sun break today, so let me see about getting some current pics of the wheels and car overall.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:44 PM
joshknot
3rd Gear
Updated listing to include a few additional pics per request, showing the noted steering wheel and Sparco wheels. The stock steering wheel is available as well if interested.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:53 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Beautiful car! You've had the GP1, GP2 and now this. What is your favorite out of the bunch?

The following users liked this post:
joshknot (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 08:37 AM
joshknot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by vulkandino
Beautiful car! You've had the GP1, GP2 and now this. What is your favorite out of the bunch?
Thanks! You have to know I'm going to give the cop out answer and say that I positively loved each of the cars for different reasons; I really wish I could've kept them all. Ultimately I used all 3 as daily drivers in Seattle, so that of course informed the preferences overall.

The GP1 was so pure and raw without feeling ragged; the supercharger whine and crazy flickability made it a very emotional drive. The GP2 was more capable and comfortable in every way; it felt like a grown up version of the GP1 and the aesthetics overall were likely my favorite of the bunch. I started looking to replace the GP2 when my first daughter was about due and we needed something with a back seat for the occasions that I'd want to cart her around. The JCW Clubman was the perfect fit for that, offering 85-90% of the (accessible) performance of the GP2 but with significantly better creature comforts. The stereo is amazing and I was happy to have the sunroof back again to brighten things up.

All-in, I guess the Clubman has been my favorite of the bunch overall. Alas- it's time to say goodbye again (still shopping for the replacement, but sadly confirmed it won't be another MINI for now).

Great cars, all of them. Perhaps someday I'll have the luxury of a multi-car stable

Old 02-13-2018, 08:52 AM
vulkandino
4th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by joshknot
Thanks! You have to know I'm going to give the cop out answer and say that I positively loved each of the cars for different reasons; I really wish I could've kept them all. Ultimately I used all 3 as daily drivers in Seattle, so that of course informed the preferences overall...
That's a very fair response. I have a GP1 currently and I completely agree with your thoughts. I tried to get the wife interested in your Clubman, but she's not set on replacing her Countryman.

Good luck to you, I can't see it lasting long.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:41 AM
joshknot
3rd Gear
Should've updated sooner, but car is sold!

Thanks for all the interest- I'll hope to rejoin the MINI family before too long