MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: Good Deals on CL

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 06:06 AM
Chamberlin1
4th Gear
Received 186 Likes on 112 Posts

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Hardtop
Price: $1
Mileage: 100
Color: red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern

Originally Posted by Jonny
Do tell???
LOL!

BTW I used to have my own shipping broker too, but once U-ship came out, it was just easier to scour for bids myself. They even have an app.

I usually look for private drivers with their own 1 or 2 car enclosed trailer, although I've gone with the big carriers too like Montway (best to brush up on your Russian first). I've had 2 or 3 cars shipped to me this time of year, and you often find a driver looking to get back home for the holidays who is picking up anything he can get and maybe for a reduced price. MINIs would probably be enticing too, due to their low weight and smaller footprint.

Just put your bid request out there on U-ship and let the bids start rolling in.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:14 AM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Received 89 Likes on 70 Posts
Yea I have used U-Ship before too. I’ve scored a few deals shipping cars on there. I need to decide if this is the right car before I worry about shipping. It’s ridiculously clean, but it’s missing a few things I was looking for.

The following users liked this post:
Chamberlin1 (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 10:51 AM
WGJP
3rd Gear
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by krawzdogg
Yea I have used U-Ship before too. I’ve scored a few deals shipping cars on there. I need to decide if this is the right car before I worry about shipping. It’s ridiculously clean, but it’s missing a few things I was looking for.
Don't compromise too much....and rush just to scratch that itch. It's not like you need it to drive it this Winter, lol. On the other hand, if it's a JCW with "most" of the things you want it might be worth it if it's ridiculously clean...

See how much help I am?!

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Last edited by WGJP; 12-23-2020 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:55 AM
WGJP
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Chamberlin1
.... I always look at used cars in that you're buying the previous owner as well as the car.
This 100%.

I've flown out of state to buy cars and drive them home, and I've also purchased sight unseen and shipped them after several conversations and "buying" the seller. Always great experiences. Do you due diligence and make sure you don't have a weird feeling about something. Trust your gut.

Chamberlin1 (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 10:58 AM
Duck360198
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Factory JCW
BRG, Silver or Pepper White (Black or Body Color Roof/Mirrors)
Aero Kit
English Leather Seats
Anthracite Headliner
Less than 60k miles (lower the better)
Body Color Door Cards and Dash
JCW Steering Wheel
Xenons
Heated Seats

Just sitting on $20k ready to buy the right car....🙄
Good stuff. I have to say, the anthracite headliner was probably one of my favorite spec'd items when I ordered my car new in 2006. And I liked that I got the rear fog to fill the toggles. I had ordered a Dark Silver/Black with Leatherette MCSa (because I didn't know how to drive manual). After I learned to drive manual, the MINI was the one car I really, REALLY wanted to experience again. So, I picked up a lightly modded '06 fJCW car. Dark Silver/Black with the leather (not English Panther, just regular leather) and aero kit. The Aero Kit was a must for me. Has 73K on it and appears to be maintained well. Unfortunately, no anthracite headliner.

I mention this because I have enjoyed the car a lot, but I feel like I want to experience more manual cars...so I go through periods of do I want to get rid of the car. My latest bug is a 135is. I had a '10 N54 E90 335 before it was totaled and have a '11 E90 N55 on the way. LOVE these cars, regardless of the numerous seals/gaskets issues that come along with them. That engine in a smaller package just seems appealing.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:08 AM
WGJP
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Duck360198
My latest bug is a 135is. I had a '10 N54 E90 335 before it was totaled and have a '11 E90 N55 on the way. LOVE these cars, regardless of the numerous seals/gaskets issues that come along with them. That engine in a smaller package just seems appealing.
I owned a new 2013 135is. Total blast. Best sounding exhaust, and one of the tightest, shortest throwing 6 speed MTs out there at the time. Very quick and tossable. Definitely drive one if you haven't already. They are holding their value well.

Old 12-23-2020, 11:20 AM
MCS4FUN
6th Gear
Received 504 Likes on 352 Posts
Agreed on caution needed with sellers. Its not always "Truth in Advertising". ​Spotted a super low mileage R57-S listed on CL prox 100 miles from me last night. Advertised "garage kept, 2nd owner" and manual trans. VIN decoder shows auto trans plus found an online archived image on google search of same car with same OR plates on a used car lot a few months ago. Maybe in advertised condition but the details aren't correct. Might have been dealer trade-in subsequently wholesaled out with attempt now to flip it. Not what I'm looking for but fishy enough to pass on it regardless...

Old 12-23-2020, 11:51 AM
Jonny
5th Gear
Received 445 Likes on 327 Posts
As always

Attached Images  
Chamberlin1 (12-24-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 12:03 PM
MCS4FUN
6th Gear
Received 504 Likes on 352 Posts
^^^ My morning coffee mug, purchased at the Reagan Library years ago (Made in USA - what a concept) has those words of wisdom debossed in white lettered script.

Old 12-23-2020, 01:48 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
Received 309 Likes on 225 Posts
So... on the dealer installed JCW engines ...
on the 2006s that still got the dealer upgrade (seemed common in SF Bay Area)

If the car has the certificate .... and the number on the motor plate matches that certificate ... do records exist somewhere to verify that the car was done by the dealer ... I found the original dealer of one of my cars with the JCW engine ... I have the original window sticker ... but no receipt of dealer sale of this package ... though it is the original owner.

i have contacted the dealer that sold the car back in 2006... friends sister works there ... she checked and they have no paperwork going back 15 yrs on the cars, other than the basics as required by law.

is there an official archive of these certificates out there that associates it with a VIN #?

Old 12-23-2020, 02:04 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
You obviously made sure it wasn’t factory installed? 3AL

Old 12-23-2020, 03:50 PM
Oldboy Speedwell
6th Gear
Received 737 Likes on 521 Posts
Type your VIN into a decoder and you should get a build sheet,
this one seems to be working lately while others get wonky...

https://www.mdecoder.com/

...was lucky finding mine that was minimally optioned and exactly what I was seeking:

Name:  pEhavLd.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  79.8 KB

Built on a Friday but it's been good to me!

Perhaps the workers were in a good mood because Oxford beat St. Albans that day?

The bonnet stripes were already gone when I got it, and I removed the armrest as soon as I possible because I disliked it greatly. Within the last year I did a halogen retrofit because I prefer them over the xenons, and finally replaced the chromeline gauge rings because I didn't like the glare --- but it was difficult to source an anthracite tachometer because they are somewhat scarce.

Last edited by Oldboy Speedwell; 12-23-2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:04 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Mine was built on Sunday...Odd, not sure if that’s good or bad Lol.

Old 12-23-2020, 04:28 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Old 12-23-2020, 04:49 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
LSD on the 03? The BAT Mini, not worthy, they must know someone. May be the first car there that never receives a comment...or bid lol. Maybe I should submit my old mans 2009 Toyota Corolla with 35k miles, in the stunning brownish color.

Old 12-23-2020, 04:55 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
No LSD or aero kit either. Both of those would be easier to add later than the stupid headliner lol.

It will receive bids. Maybe like $5k?

Old 12-23-2020, 05:00 PM
WGJP
3rd Gear
No LSD or aero kit either. Both of those would be easier to add later than the stupid headliner lol.

I'm guessing their listings may be down over the Christmas break, so they took a boring dog like this one(?) Not sure why else this one would be of interest...

Old 12-23-2020, 05:02 PM
WGJP
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mountainhorse
So... on the dealer installed JCW engines ...
on the 2006s that still got the dealer upgrade (seemed common in SF Bay Area)

If the car has the certificate .... and the number on the motor plate matches that certificate ... do records exist somewhere to verify that the car was done by the dealer ... I found the original dealer of one of my cars with the JCW engine ... I have the original window sticker ... but no receipt of dealer sale of this package ... though it is the original owner.

i have contacted the dealer that sold the car back in 2006... friends sister works there ... she checked and they have no paperwork going back 15 yrs on the cars, other than the basics as required by law.

is there an official archive of these certificates out there that associates it with a VIN #?.
Let me know if you find it. I doubt there's any repository for these or place to verify. It was probably up to the dealer to complete it and the original party to retain it. Otherwise, SOL.

mountainhorse (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 05:16 PM
Jonny
5th Gear

Sounds like you got color, condition and mileage boxes checked, you might need a few more...no?

Old 12-23-2020, 05:27 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Sounds like you got color, condition and mileage boxes checked, you might need a few more...no?
Yes those boxes are definitely checked. I probably should check a few more. 🙄.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:50 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
Seats, headliner and the bolt on ‘aftermarket’ Aero ... all easy

color, miles, not so much

build it, put on the blizzaks and drive those 4000 miles a year 🤙

Old 12-23-2020, 06:02 PM
Jonny
5th Gear
Unless it’s minty fresh, for somewhat of a bargain (add $2k shipping), you might lose your mojo for that one. The more unchecked boxes, the more projects you’d be adding, instead of just motoring. Myself, I don’t mind adding a crucial project or two (like aero) but that’s my limit. Anything more starts taking the fun out of it.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:04 PM
mountainhorse
6th Gear
90% of the JCW certificates seem to have never been removed from the Sealed plastic bag they came in .... including my factory 2006.

Still a fair amount of kits being installed on 2006

say it was a 2002 -2006 for that matter... is there a registry somewhere inside, or out, of BMW-MINI of these JCW certificate numbers??

Ive personally seen a confirmed original owner MC40 with a lower ‘JCW number’ on it than a 2002... also original owner.. depends on when done ... and how long that kit had been on a shelf I guess ... my question is there any documentation besides the certificate that came inside the box with the kit? The 2006-2008’s are all documented in the VIN... but still don’t seem to have any significance of the JCW-Engine-serial-number matches to THAT vin ???

positive it’s not a factory unit ... VIIN search’s shows as delivered standard COOPER-S ...the original owner said he paid over 5 grand to have the kit installed a month after buying it).

Originally Posted by WGJP
Let me know if you find it. I doubt there's any repository for these or place to verify. It was probably up to the dealer to complete it and the original party to retain it. Otherwise, SOL.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:04 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Originally Posted by mountainhorse
Seats, headliner and the bolt on ‘aftermarket’ Aero ... all easy

color, miles, not so much

build it, put on the blizzaks and drive those 4000 miles a year 🤙
Hun

Headliner isn’t so easy since the facelift headliner is different. Reupholstering the headliner itself would be easy, but it’s all of pillars/lights/visors which would be difficult. I am pretty sure all of those parts would be interchangeable between pre/post facelift (maybe someone can verify since the part numbers are different). Obviously painting them isn’t a good enough option. Dying them may work and I’m looking into it.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:08 PM
krawzdogg
4th Gear
Unless it’s minty fresh, for somewhat of a bargain (add $2k shipping), you might lose your mojo for that one. The more unchecked boxes, the more projects you’d be adding, instead of just motoring. Myself, I don’t mind adding a crucial project or two (like aero) but that’s my limit. Anything more starts taking the fun out of it.
It’s super minty fresh, but definitely not a bargain. Would probably set a record for most expensive 03 lol. I’m trying to keep the projects down too, which never seems to actually happen with my cars. I’m just trying to avoid projects which are borderline impossible or extremely difficult to source the parts for.

The following 2 users liked this post by krawzdogg:
Jonny (12-23-2020), mountainhorse (12-23-2020)

Quick Reply: FS:: Good Deals on CL