MINIs & Minis for Sale Need a Mini or a MINI? Want a Mini or a MINI? You're at the right place!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS:: 2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible - Unreal!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 01:16 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up 2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible: Finally it's !CHEAP!

Year: 2006
Make: MINI
Model: Convertible
Price: $1
Mileage: 55050
Color: Pepper White w/mods
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast

2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible – enthusiast’s dream (even if auto, the paddle shifters are great compensation and fun)!

PRICE DROP!!

Less than HALF initial ask. I checked the competition here and got lucky news on price adjustment of my new one, which just got to the dealer. With no bites on this one, I'm willing to sacrifice on asking price. Check prices of all other 2006 cabrios here and compare, including mileage, condition, and upgrades. Given the many quality modifications, this one is now an INSANELY great deal.

MUST BE SEEN! Original owner, clean title, non-smoker, no pets, no kids, no abuse, always garaged, dealer maintained throughout, all service and modification records available, NO accidents (though a rock damaged my hood, so repaired & painted to match A-pillars to keep with checker-theme, as can be seen in photos; also replaced windshield from road debris damage & these claims may appear on Car Fax report, but I have no idea, so feel free to check, but NO collisions EVER), and I think the rest speaks for itself (i.e., the look, the extensive ultra top-shelf mods – some in only past couple of years, & the very low miles – average about 500/month throughout car life; mileage given is as of ad posting date). It is an immaculate vehicle & iconic looking (always getting multiple thumbs up anytime it is on the road, especially in Summer with the top down). There are many recent serviced parts under warranty. Explosive pickup, true go-kart handling (way better than factory; just look at the mods), especially cornering, & stops on a dime. If not for getting a new one (on order as of yesterday), this magnificent car would not be for sale.

Now more motivated than initially, as once summer is gone, this one will sit out in the elements for the first time in it's life (only have a 2-car garage).

Mini invoiced features – see original window sticker photo (was over $35,000 including the tax, etc):

Panther Black Gravity Leather throughout

Convenience pack (3 programmable door openers, auto-dimming mirror, rain sensor headlights)

Cold Weather pack (heated washer jets/seats/mirrors)

Premium pack (multi-function wheel w/cruise, chrome line interior, A/C, arm rest, HK sound, computer)

Sport pack (Xenon headlights w/power-washers, Dynamic Stability Control, front fog lamps, etc)

Automatic w/steering wheel Steptronic paddle shifters

Cockpit Chrono pack (multiple gauges)

Rear Fog lamp

Chrome Line Exterior

Mini (OEM) dealer-added features (approx. +$3,500 without install):

Simonize System 5 Protection

Driving Lamps w/Mini covers

Checker Flag exterior side-mirror caps

Checker Flag interior rear-view mirror cap

Checker Flag windscreen (for when top is lowered)

Euro parcel shelf (under steering column)

Black rubber floor mats, front/rear/boot

JCW airbox

JCW carbon fiber dashboard, including down tubes

Mud flaps (front)

Wheel Locks

Rear Bumper/Boot protector

Magnetic rear-quarter stone guards

Non-Mini modifications (per records many are not old & w/warranty; approx. +$15,000 without install):

TCE big brake kit by Wilwood (DynaPro Calipers)– 4 piston front & rear w/cross-drilled rotors

Milltek Sport cat back exhaust

Revolution Mini Works camshaft

Revolution Mini Works custom tune & flash tool

Revolution Motor Works 450CC injectors

Nology wires

NKG Iridium IX plugs

Craven Speed 15% reduction Pulley

Craven Speed Mini Dipper oil dipstick

Craven Speed Dash pod adapters for phone (universal) and GPS holder

Craven Speed shorty antennae (have it and OEM; use either or both)

M7 Carbon Fiber Air-Plate Diverter

M7 Carbon Fiber Canards

M7 Black Chrome Anniversary Front Strut Brace

M7 Graphite Twill Tegris front splitter

M7 Aerogel heat shield

Palo Uber Carbon Fiber Hood Scoop

Alta intercooler diverter (to match with larger hood scoop above)

Alta silicone intake hose

Alta silicone intercooler couplers

Ireland Engineering fixed camber plates

Koni Sport Yellow front & rear shocks

NM Engineering 22mm rear solid sway bar

Nuespeed NM upper & lower rear titanium control arms

H&R sport springs

TSW X-Brace

BBS wheels & Continental Extreme Contact tires (NOT run-flats,, very low miles & w/Mini spare)

Polyurethane bushings

Model specific clear bra (and reapplied to entire hood after it was painted black), including lights

Twin grille magnetic badges (with many swappable badges; see photo w/checker badges displayed)

Glove box organizer & side cubby dividers

Stainless front & rear grilles, pollen bezels, & interior bezels

Strut tower chrome caps

Union Jack Eye-decals

Checker Flag roof-line decal, interior door panel decals, visor decals (S) seat back decals, & door finish kit

8-ball gas cap decal

BMW M Power Tow Hook (functional)

Alloy engine-bay caps/covers (for all fluid receptacles)

PIAA SI-Tech windshield wipers

Maxi-View blind spot mirrors

Chrome-style door-edge guards

Attached Thumbnails 2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible - Unreal!-img_2278.jpg   2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible - Unreal!-img_2279.jpg   2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible - Unreal!-img_2288.jpg  

Last edited by blackie; 08-12-2015 at 03:12 AM. Reason: HUGE PRICE DROP!! Now SOLD
Old 05-25-2015, 04:04 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Maybe this has been covered someplace else, but I'd love some feedback. I just got a text tonight expressing interest in my Mini and it came from a local phone number and the texter says they are local and wants to meet tomorrow, but I first must obtain a VIN Report at www.CheckVinOnline.com

So I check out the site. It costs $20 to get this report. I don't know what it contains, or covers, or how it is viewed as to reliability. I'm gathering it is like a Car Fax, but maybe not the same, or maybe it is just similar.

Don't get me wrong. If the report is a legitimate tool, it is probably worthwhile getting as evidence of the vehicle history. However, this person has not seen the car and claims to be local. Why not come see and drive the vehicle first, BEFORE asking me to get a reoport off this website?

Anyone else feeling it is a scam to boost the site and has nothing to do with interest in the vehicle? Or, am I just a little too suspicious of the type and manner of contact?

Old 05-25-2015, 04:40 PM
MINIAC
6th Gear
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts
If the caller is that interested, they can get the report themselves.

Old 05-25-2015, 04:46 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIAC
If the caller is that interested, they can get the report themselves.
Exactly what I texted back and they have not replied. Ergo, in my book, this is someone paid by this particular website to get car sellers to order reports so as to boost their acceptance vs. Car Fax.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:35 PM
jamez
5th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
And your VIN is clearly shown in the build sheet. If they are that interested (as mentioned) they should do it themselves. I bought my carfax before I had the deal done ($65) and would have donated it to the seller of the deal fell through.

Btw, for us on the iPad, we can't see the price... How much?

Old 05-26-2015, 03:52 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jamez
And your VIN is clearly shown in the build sheet. If they are that interested (as mentioned) they should do it themselves. I bought my carfax before I had the deal done ($65) and would have donated it to the seller of the deal fell through.

Btw, for us on the iPad, we can't see the price... How much?
Jamez,

Agreed, as VIN is clearly shown. As I said, I am reasonably certain this text I got was a scam to get me to order a report off this VIN website. If I am right, it is SLEAZY marketing of the site to gain awareness for it and to pump up their identity and reputation, probably as a CAR FAX competitor. Right now, I think their reputation is in the gutter.

Frankly, for all the good reasons to have something like CAR FAX out there, it also has a detrimental side. Having ANYTHING on such a report that was ever claimed with your insurance company will automatically lower what you can get for the vehicle, especially on a trade-in, because the incident reports are simply an indication that something was reported, no matter how minor. I learned this the last time I had a car to sell, which was a few years back. Even minor incidents can exceed a deductible and using your insurance damages the value of the car, simply because it will show up on a CAR FAX.

As to the price, I didn't know the iPad wouldn't show it. So, for your edification, as well as others (and to elaborate), I am asking $18,000. That is based on the relatively low miles, the extensive high quality modifications (which a dealer has issues paying for on a trade), and the fact that it has a lot of recent work done in just the past month, all related to age (e.g., the radiator and everything connected to it was just replaced, the cambers, the ignition coil, the low speed engine fan, and the automatic trans control; all but the camber plates are Mini OEM parts, so they are covered by warranty for the next 2 years). I spent half of what I'm asking just to put it into selling shape; yet, I'd negotiate some on the price, for a truly interested party who would treat my baby right.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:45 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
You a have full list of factory options , good luck on the sale. Only thing missing is the JCW tuning kit from the dealer sticker.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 05-26-2015, 04:18 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
You a have full list of factory options , good luck on the sale. Only thing missing is the JCW tuning kit from the dealer sticker.
True enough. And maybe doing it my way, modding it to my own personal taste (and I hope tastefully enough to be appreciated by many) and with the same sort of output and ride - maybe better - as a JCW due to all those mods and the Jan Tune (and I only just learned - I was absent for a long while - JB is no longer on the NAM site, but didn't look into why) will now bite me in the boot that I've decided to let go of it to help pay for the new one. It is so tempting to keep this one too. You can tell I put a lot of my heart and soul into this car.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:37 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
Something else too......

Bringing up the tune I have in it now reminded me. I had Helix do some needed engine work and replace my supercharger and pulley several years ago at the time I put the RMW tune in. It seems the pulley was out of line since the nose it fits onto on the supercharger was damaged (speculated by Helix as careless replacement of the OEM pulley by the dealer, which seemed logical to me and of course not capable of being proven, but given the reputation of Helix and the work it does on Minis I think it's the right speculation; certainly the timing of when this occurred fit the picture). What I recall is Helix telling me that Jan feels the turbos only need a tune (his tune) to be quicker and modifying with parts is not too beneficial, but that first gens, having a supercharger and being more mechanical in design, could be modified with other changes besides his tune with much greater results.

Now I'm no expert, or even qualified as a serious amateur, but that's what I recall hearing while hanging in the shop waiting for my car to be finished. I wonder your thoughts as a maven.

Last edited by blackie; 05-26-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:40 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Bump - unless you're against rag top automatics (and I realize many might be), this car should be seen and driven; the many high quality upgrades put it right in league with any 2006 S, including JCW GP.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:22 PM
NattySlide
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to confirm re the checkvinonline.com website, I have gotten the same kind of text twice (each time I listed my car on the forum -- I listed my car in the fall and again in a separate thread in the spring). They say they are local to me, want to see the car tomorrow and just want the report from the site, they also spoof a local area code and number. It just looked fishy. I checked out the site and it just looked third rate. Figured they were just scamming for business or it was a major scam to get peoples credit card info for identity theft.

Other people attempting to sell their car in the future should just be aware. Just another scam.

Btw, GLWS.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:27 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by NattySlide
Just to confirm re the checkvinonline.com website, I have gotten the same kind of text twice (each time I listed my car on the forum -- I listed my car in the fall and again in a separate thread in the spring). They say they are local to me, want to see the car tomorrow and just want the report from the site, they also spoof a local area code and number. It just looked fishy. I checked out the site and it just looked third rate. Figured they were just scamming for business or it was a major scam to get peoples credit card info for identity theft.

Other people attempting to sell their car in the future should just be aware. Just another scam.

Btw, GLWS.

Thanks for your insights; much appreciated. While I figured it was a scam just to hype their business, I hadn't contacted them, so I didn't think beyond that, but the other scam you mention is certainly also a possibility, especially if their site, which I did not check, is not very professional.

It's a real drag selling a car, no matter how nice (like mine ), or cheap (not like mine )! If it isn't these sorts of BS report calls or emails I get, it is the other scam variety, which is some company that calls and says they know someone who has interest at a price higher than I'm asking, but I have to advertise it through them first. Amazing BS!! I guess there are some pretty dumb people out there who fall for such crap, or they'd not invest time in these scams.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:54 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Ya, watch those , will sell you car scammers. Good head up. If you put it on CG , you will get hammered by those and other dealerships.

good luck.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-10-2015, 03:46 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Bump for price drop!!

Old 07-11-2015, 04:33 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Terrific car at a great price. Must check it out.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:14 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Too good not to look and test drive!

Old 07-25-2015, 12:32 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Next week I'm driving it up to GOTV, so mileage will pass 55K on August 1st.

SERIOUSLY? What gives??

I've compared prices everywhere on this exact make and model and none have all these features at this price. Most are this price without all that's been upgraded and many had multiple owners and don't have all service records. I'm talking cabrios with automatic trans and similar (usually more) mileage.

Really, what gives?

Old 07-29-2015, 08:39 PM
blackie
6th Gear
Old 07-29-2015, 10:14 PM
markjenn
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blackie
Really, what gives?
Since you asked, I think you're overvaluing the worth of your modifications. Used car buyers like stock cars. In many respects, your car is "over modified" in that you're never going to find anyone that wants a car with all this stuff, so you've essentially got a car that has something to disqualify it to almost any buyer. It's like selling a house with a swimming pool, a tree house, a sports court, a wine cellar, and a formal english garden. Trying to find any buyer who wants this combo of extras is nearly impossible.

If you can, I'd try and get the car back closer to stock, selling extras separately. And clean up some of the details that detract and might be of questionable taste (e.g., bezels, decals , etc.).

The combo of such a heavily performance modified car that is an automatic doesn't help either. Usually folks who want a hopped up car want a manual.

Better photos (and more of them) would help too.

Good luck with your sale.

- Mark

Old 07-30-2015, 03:16 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Mark,

Thanks for your thoughts, except the price at $18,000 would support them, but not at $11,000. My initial ask valued the modifications, but at $11,000 the price is in line with other cars of this vintage and model and mileage without any modifications.

The fact it has modifications, many of recent vintage, means there is less wear and tear on those parts than the original stock would have had if they'd remained in the car. Why someone would want stock, when the mechanical modifications added HP and improved handling, through a better suspension and braking system, doesn't make sense to me, but that's my opinion.

As to aesthetics, to each his own, but this car gets daily nods of approval when out on the road, so going by that doesn't support your view either, but as I said, that's a matter of personal taste. The automatic, as well as the convertible top, are the areas where I think I'm hurt the most, as those seem to be things only desired by folks who cannot drive a manual, or don't care about the extra weight, or maintenance, a ragtop brings about.

Still a single owner vehicle that was never in a crash, has all the maintenance records, all done by one dealer (with the rare exception of on the road failures and emergency repairs of OEM parts, which happened twice in 9 years), and with usage averaging 6K miles a year are rarities. I also think when you get above a certain price point, say $10,000, the used car market for a private sale is a wasteland due to lack of financing and that may have more to do with it than anything.

In the meantime, I still don't have the new one, though hope to this weekend. So, it is not going to waste, as I still need it as my only car until then.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:34 PM
markjenn
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Again, I wish you best of luck with your sale, but I think the market is telling you what it thinks of the worth of your mods.

- Mark

Old 07-31-2015, 02:51 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Originally Posted by markjenn
Again, I wish you best of luck with your sale, but I think the market is telling you what it thinks of the worth of your mods.

- Mark

I don't think that's what you're doing, wishing me good luck. I'm sure anyone else reading your 2 posts in a sales thread realizes that too.

If you would look at other similar vehicles that are stock, with mileage, model, and year all factored in, the vehicle as priced now has really NO VALUE placed on the modifications, none. Based on what dealers offered for it on a wholesale basis, the present ask is less than what they'd be asking on their lots.

What's clear is your taste and mine are not aligned. It is the aesthetics of the superficial mods you're concerned with, because the performance you have no way to judge without driving the car, even if the quality of the performance enhancements are obvious based on the reputations of the various manufacturers.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:25 AM
blackie
6th Gear
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5115836919.html

INSANE!! Need space in garage. Gets sold to dealer next week if nobody steals it here first.

Old 08-11-2015, 11:34 AM
bahman
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sent you a PM.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:59 AM
blackie
6th Gear
Fini

Originally Posted by bahman
Sent you a PM.
Thanks. I'll reply, but this saga is over.

Quick Reply: FS:: 2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible - Unreal!