MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

AMVIV4 registrations now open

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMVIV4 registrations now open

Greetings. I know some of you have been getting a little antsy about registering for AMVIV, and I find that very flattering. It's so cool that you all are so enthusiastic to come and see us again!

Anyway, I'm sending this out to let you all know that AMVIV4 registrations are now open. Go to http://www.amviv.com/reg.htm to register. After you fill in and submit the demographic and contact info on that page, you will go to the payment page. Please read all the notes and info on the page. I only put stuff on there that I felt was important, such as the fact that banquet tickets are NOT available except through pre-registration and pre-payment.

The schedule of events is also there http://www.amviv.com/schedule.htm though it isn't 100% set in stone yet. There may be a few changes due to circumstances beyond our control. Or some that are within our control, but that we think will improve the event.

See you in March,
Andrew Ross aka Agro
President, Sin City MINI Club www.SinCityMINIClub.com
Organizer, A MINI Vacation In Vegas www.AMVIV.com

Old 12-23-2006, 02:29 PM
pauhana
Take the high road
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info

Thanks Andrew! I'm sure many MINI5280 folks are interested in AMVIV 4 and will be making their plans soon. It's never too early to get the ball rolling and secure your reservations, etc. Since it's more fun (and safer) to travel in groups to/from Vegas, please post your approximate departure date/time so that others can join you (or so that you can join other groups). As the date draws near, plans can be firmed up, but the point of this thread is to enable folks to motor together.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Japic
4th Gear
Well, here we go. 2nd official post on the NAM boards, but I was hoping that I could reach out to a few of the locals.

Since we're on the topic of AMVIV, I'm curious to know if anyone in Denver is planning to make the drive. The girlfriend and I are looking forward to the trip, but as pauhana said it's more fun to motor together.

Anyone else going?

If there are better boards to reach out to Denverites on, I'm all ears and willing to post wherever you want me. Happy motoring all!

Old 01-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Dr. Watson
1st Gear
Japic,

I think I meet you the other night at the MINI5280 Meeting. But I will be going either on the 21st in the PM or the 22 early am. Let me know what you are thinking and we can drive together.

Rene Watson

06 MSC CR/CR
Black Viper Stripes

Old 01-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Japic
4th Gear
Heya,
We're planning on making an extended trip of it, most likely heading down sometime on the 21st. We've both got the day off, so most likely it'll be earlier than later. We're hoping to get there in the evening and then be well rested for the following four days. We didn't much like the sound of driving all night and then being too wiped out to do anything Thursday.

I think we're planning on driving back in the AM on the 27th.

I'd love to caravan if you (or anyone else) is on a similar schedule in either direction.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Shellbell
5th Gear
Co-pilot!!???

IF ANYONE IS DRIVING TO VEGAS & NEEDS A CO-PILOT...... PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
Shelly

Old 01-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Agro
Shelly, you could always fly out. I happen to know that Ted flies from Denver to Vegas on a regular basis.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Shellbell
IF ANYONE IS DRIVING TO VEGAS & NEEDS A CO-PILOT...... PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
Shelly
Sure but it would be nice to know where you're at???

Old 01-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Shellbell
5th Gear
oooops.... sorry...
COLORADO!I am thinking about flying to Vegas... great idea! Thanks!

Old 01-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Agro
Sandie, Shelly works at Schromp MINI in Denver. If Schromp wants to open a branch dealership in Vegas, we'd welcome them with open arms. From everything I've seen and heard, Schromp absolutely rocks as a dealership.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Shellbell
5th Gear
Thanks for the compliment Agro! I love my job & the great customers & people I work with!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:17 PM
pauhana
Take the high road
AMVIV 2007 Registration & Payment Information

[This info relayed from Andrew "Agro" Ross, Organizer of AMVIV and President of Sin City MINI Club]

There still seems to be a little confusion about what registration and payment entails.

Filling in the demographic and contact info at www.AMVIV.com/reg.htm , then clicking the "Submit" button gives us your info. When you click the submit button, you are taken to the payment page at www.AMVIV.com/payform.htm .

On the payment page, you add the items you want to pay for to your PayPal shopping cart. Then, either pay via PayPal or print out the demographic info page and your shopping cart and mail the printouts with a check to the club address on the registration and payment pages.

After you have paid, I will email you a notification that your payment has been received, with a list of the items you have paid for. If you have not received a confirmation email from me, you ARE NOT PAID UP. I have been emailing confirmations to people who paid by paper mail as the payments have been received, with the exception of one Oklahoma registrant who didn't include an email address. Again, if you haven't gotten email confirmation that your payment has been received, contact me as soon as possible.

Another item that seems to have caused some confusion is the affiliate registration. This item is entirely optional. If your passenger/co-pilot is also a MINI nut and wants the goodies that come in a registration bag (minus the route book), they should get an affiliate registration. If, like my wife, they are not really into the MINI/Mini thing, there is no need to register them.

Banquet tickets will not be available in Las Vegas, you MUST pre-purchase them. Something that it seems I haven't explained clearly enough is that to pre-purchase any AMVIV items (dinner or breakfast tickets, shirts, hats, etc) you MUST BUY A REGISTRATION. An affiliate registration cannot be purchased without either a full registration or a vendor registration. If you do a PayPal without either a full or vendor registration, it will be reversed. I have had a couple of people ask about adding dinner tickets or extra items after they have already completed a registration purchase. If you want to do this, please go straight to the www.AMVIV.com/payform.htm page, and make sure you add in the comment field that you have previously registered and paid, and this purchase is additional. This will avoid us canceling the transaction due to no registration being included.

Remember to make your reservations at Palace Station by calling 1-800-634-3101. Use reservation ID "PCIMIN7" or identify yourself as a Sin City MINI Club attendee.

See you in March.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Japic
4th Gear
Well, I've started a thread for the Rocky Mountain caravan; so if anyone has any thoughts or input, feel free to chime in.

Rocky Mountain Caravan Thread!

Old 01-19-2007, 04:29 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
That is good. A few logistics lessons

that we have learned in the last 3 years:
  • As recommended in www.AMVIV.com, it is a really GOOD idea to RSVP the hotel by January 31
  • Be sure to REGISTER for AMVIV so that you get a dinner ticket on Saturday night. That is where the bling is. No tickey, no dinner, no bling, no exceptions.
  • In the past, we have had groups leaving at 2 or 3 different times. Some PP go early on Wednesday, drive all day, arrive at night. In my case, I worked Wednesday, left after work, drove to Grand Junction with a group (actually, just upriver to Fruita, where the motels are cheaper) and we overnighted there. We metup on the W side of Denver at Morrison Rd and I-70 at one of he lots there. Then, on Thursday AM it is a relatively quick 4.5 hrs from there to Vegas via I-70 and I-15. Be sure to gas up before leaving Fruita. There is a long stretch in UT where there are NO services.
  • Arrival is around the NOON hour, gaining an hour. Then, there is time to join the afternoon rides, etc.
  • In the past, different pp left at different times on Sunday to return. Twice we did the Hoover Dam tour and left from there. No problem getting home by midnight.
  • Usually, there was a Thursday AM group also, arriving that afternoon, driving straight thru.
Hope that helps.

JPS