MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

YES!!!moving to Denver

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 07:04 AM
chilimac
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES!!!moving to Denver

We are finally moving to Denver. My fiance (to be my wife on Aug 20th) just got a great offer from a Denver company. We are out of St. Louie, woohooo. We are getting married on Aug 20th, honey moon from 21st to 3rd. Then stuffing our junk and beloved MINI on a truck to move on the 4th Sept. busy huh? I have been a CCA member for sometime now, is there a different meembership to get or does the CCA cover MINI as well? I know that we have been the step child as far as Roundel coverage goes.

Her work is located on the 17xx block of Pearl St. Can some of you give us the skinny on the places to live that are close by please? We need at least a two bedroom since I will be working out of my home for a while. We will be in Denver looking for apartments next week. We prefer city living for sure but there MUST be covered parking for our only baby, for the moment.

Look forward to meeting you all very soon.
Cheers
Cenk

Last edited by chilimac; 03-25-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Riddler
2nd Gear
Congratulations!!!

Denver absolutely rocks.

I moved up here 3 years ago, and could not wish for a better place. Give me a call at 720 394 3365 when you get here to scout for a place, and I'll show&tell you the lay of the land.

- olaf

Old 07-27-2005, 10:43 AM
E1Designs
2nd Gear
Isn't Pearl up in Boulder???

Old 07-27-2005, 12:55 PM
chilimac
4th Gear
about 80% of people seem to think so. But apparently there is a lesser known cousin of pearl in Denver as well. It is about 4 or 5 blocks west of the childrens hospital. I have appointments to see a couple of places.
One on Blake by the coors field
a row house on mayfair park?????? east 10th avenue
a bungalow on west wash park south lincoln

what do you think about these three? can't wait to be there. also what do you guys/gals think about eldora over summit county for skiing? We both used to live in summit county after college and almost did not understand why denver people would come into the area, besides great skiing, to go through the i-70 jams on sunday. just curious.

Cheers

Old 07-27-2005, 01:02 PM
E1Designs
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chilimac
about 80% of people seem to think so. But apparently there is a lesser known cousin of pearl in Denver as well. It is about 4 or 5 blocks west of the childrens hospital. I have appointments to see a couple of places.
One on Blake by the coors field
a row house on mayfair park?????? east 10th avenue
a bungalow on west wash park south lincoln

what do you think about these three? can't wait to be there. also what do you guys/gals think about eldora over summit county for skiing? We both used to live in summit county after college and almost did not understand why denver people would come into the area, besides great skiing, to go through the i-70 jams on sunday. just curious.

Cheers
I used to live on 10th and Kearney, about 1 block from that Mayfair Park. The row houses are nice...and the neighborhood is quaint. About 6 blocks West is Colorado Blvd with some good dining...and 2 miles NW is Cherry Creek and all it has to offer, which is nice. They are expensive for my tates, the row houses, but if you got the funds, they are nice...

Wash Park is a nice area also...I'm not as familiar with it, but I prefer the location of the Mayfair Park area better. About 7 miles from downtown...on one road...good stuff...

If you want ALL city, then the area next to Coors field is for you. That entire area is all city...nice, but all city.

Old 07-27-2005, 02:03 PM
ogrady
2nd Gear
West Wash Park

chilimac,

I lived on the east side of wash park. Loved it there! The west side is a bit more affordable. There are a lot of plans to develop the old Gates Rubber site, which isn't far from the park. I would imagine that will help with real estate values. Wash Park is probably the most utilized park in all of Denver.

South Pearl St. has a few good resturaunts. Sushi Den is the most popular.

I am not familiar with the mayfair park area...

One are to consider is the Highlands in North Denver. Close to Downtown, has a lot of good places to walk, and still relatively affordable.

Good Luck on your pending nuptuals and the move!

Old 07-27-2005, 02:41 PM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Congrats on the move and the marriage! I was going to suggest living in Colorado Springs since housing is a LOT cheaper here, and you could just commute to Denver with my wife, who ALWAYS drives the MINI because, well, she has the longer drive and it's cheaper. I, of course go along with this because she's my wife.

Unfortunately, the carpooling wouldn't work for you guys since you'd both be fighting to drive your separate MINIs every day, and you'd end up taking 'em both to Denver. . .which would STILL use less gas than taking one Suburban!!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:24 AM
chilimac
4th Gear
thank you so much for all the great responses and suggestions. We re incredibly excited and definately overwhelmed. Three weeks ago, I sold both my beloved BMWs in one day to two seperate individuals through roadfly and on the same day bought the MIni from another person also on roadfly. The next day we found out that we were moving to Denver, somebody was lookng out for me since it would total hell and a lot of wasted funds to ship two cars and tow one. The next day I found out that my paperwork for citizenship was approved and that I was to take my oath on Aug 5th. This has been 15 years of work to get my citizenship and I am so proud. BTW-marriage is not a greencard marriage, my application was based on the length of time and my mothers citizenship. The following day I was able to find a renter for our house in St. Louis through craigslist and convince my boss that I should workout of our home for three months in Denver during transition and look for other jobs. Sorry about the long post, I am just so happy to be moving to Denver. Looking forward to meet you all.

By the way- snow tires or all seasons? anybody have a set of 16"s for sale?

Old 07-28-2005, 09:49 AM
Riddler
2nd Gear
Damm, Chilimac, Fortuna definitely watched out for you!

If you don't mind me asking, what is your current nationailty? I'm a resident alien myself (German), but am not planning on giving up my citizenship anytime soon.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:37 AM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Depends on if the MINI is your sole commuter, but honestly, unless you venture forth into the mountains with any regularity, I'd vote for all seasons. Choice two is full summer and winter sets mounted on different wheels, but you'll probably be changing them a lot since the weather along the Front Range is unpredictable, to say the least!

Originally Posted by chilimac
By the way- snow tires or all seasons? anybody have a set of 16"s for sale?

Old 07-28-2005, 10:37 AM
chilimac
4th Gear
not at all. I am a Turkish citizen and I am keeping dual citizenship.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:41 AM
chilimac
4th Gear
pirelli ?

I have pirelli euforia on the s lites and toyo proxes on ssr comps. I was thinkg about selling the slites for a set of 16" snows. are euforias all weather or performance tires?
thanks

Old 09-20-2005, 04:20 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome to Cenk

we spoke yesterday and we hope to have him join Yalla Yalla this weekend.

We do hope you have found comfort and everything else you are looking for in Denver - the rest of us have, judging by the posts.

Please introduce yourself when you arrive to our events so we can do whatever else to make you feel welcome.

BTW, we ALSO have a guest joining us from Hawaii this weekend for our YY event....yes, MINI5280 goes far and wide!!

See you soon.

JPS