Mini Meet West Photos

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 11:56 AM
jhiggs26
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Meet West Photos

My wife and I had a wonderful getaway at MMW this year. The MINI ran great except for the horrible drone coming from it's wee blower. That kept us out of the funkhana, autocross, and rally. We did do the 2nd evening drive out the Green Lake road(fun twisties) to Keremeos and back. It was great to meet up with old friends and swap stories with new Miniacs! Enjoy to photos!

Jeremy

Parking Lot after the Ralley.

Diddy Dave getting set up for Concours.

My wife with GreenThumb's Traveller.

My Mom and wife with Neal's race Mini.

2nd Evening drive for icecream and fresh cherries.

My Parents getting set for the Funkhana.

My parents totally botching(Dad with no vision getting driving instructions from Mom) their Funkhana. They had fun and it was entertaining to view!

Penticton Speedway.

Penticton Speedway.

Ralley staging.

The odd couple.

Ralley Lunch Stop.

Ralley Lunch Stop.

Ralley Lunch Stop.

Minis with Trailers.

The convoy home.

Where's Honey Pot gone???

Old 07-03-2010, 11:57 AM
jhiggs26
6th Gear
Old 07-04-2010, 03:58 PM
jhiggs26
6th Gear
Few more photos from MMW.

Jeremy

Safely past a speed trap heading home from MMW.

California Minis/MINIs(We met up with this Mini and it's convoy in Agassiz after the Trans Canada hwy got shut down forcing us to bypass the accident).

This MINI below took 1st place in modified MINI R53/52 autocross. She got faster and faster as her runs progressed. She claimed her 18" wheels and tires were 50lbs combined-ouch.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Diablita
Neutral
Thanks for sharing your photos ... The event was an absolute BLAST!!! I had a great time ... and yes, those wheels and tires are 48.5 pounds a piece ... lol ... but my DIABLITA sure loves to go fast no matter how heavy her shoes may be ... lol :-) This was my first MMW & it was so much fun. The trip up the West Coast of USA from Southern California w/my son and our Northern California MINI friends was breathtakingly beautiful & our time in Canada was equally amazing! What a great fun event!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:52 PM
zoedragon
2nd Gear
Diablita, sounds like your car is an aptly named speed demon!

And the photos of those two black minis with the flames... wow what fantastic paint jobs!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Rowdy
3rd Gear
Awesome! wish I'd have taken the day off work.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:25 PM
jhiggs26
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Diablita
Thanks for sharing your photos ... The event was an absolute BLAST!!! I had a great time ... and yes, those wheels and tires are 48.5 pounds a piece ... lol ... but my DIABLITA sure loves to go fast no matter how heavy her shoes may be ... lol :-) This was my first MMW & it was so much fun. The trip up the West Coast of USA from Southern California w/my son and our Northern California MINI friends was breathtakingly beautiful & our time in Canada was equally amazing! What a great fun event!
Hey Diablita great to hear your 1st Mini Meet was a great experience. Glad your son could take part too!

I've got video clips of your 3 runs on my wife's digi cam taken near the 180. The quality isn't great(because it's a photo camera) but if you want I could upload them to youtube for you to check out.

Jeremy

Old 07-12-2010, 07:55 PM
patz66b
1st Gear
Thanks for sharing the pics. I was a part of the "California Convoy" heading tp Penticton. We were driving a slower pace 'cause our classic had driven all the way up the coast from Calif. and Jessie (the flamed black classic) and Linda (the talking MINIME) wanted to take it easy for the rest of the journey. I've posted about a third of the photos I took on Picasa. Here's where you can find them:
http://picasaweb.google.com/patz66b/...sForREMEAlbum#

Old 07-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Diablita
Neutral
Jeremy -

Awesome! Would love to see the videos. Thank you! I had a GoPro camera mounted on my front bumper put on by Norm Nelson (part of the group from REME that I caravaned with ... along with Patz66b too) I think the video from the GoPro Camera will be on Miniology.com with our thread about our trip up to MMW. I have yet to see the video myself. I also have video from a drivecam fleet management camera set up I had set up inside my car behind the rearview mirror. I sent that to Robyn Saunders of MINIology.com too, so maybe those both will be posted too.

Too funny, I have never seen real video of my Autocrosses in the past, and this one may turn up 3 different angles .. too cool!! Thank you!

- Denise & DIABLITA

Old 07-13-2010, 11:05 AM
jhiggs26
6th Gear
Ok Denise here are your youtubed runs. Post your other vid clips or links here please. Good times watching all you gals/guys compete in Penticton!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuzbvDhspWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg5igGy_EFA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7gJ6iBhn7w

Jeremy