Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Manic Tune & Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 09:47 PM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Manic Tune & Sprint Booster

Any benefit to adding a Sprint Booster to a MINI with a Manic stage 2+ tune?

Old 08-15-2016, 06:40 PM
pidge1114
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
one has nothing to do with the other. sprint booster is only affecting throttle response and doing nothing tune wise. if you feel like you want more throttle response without having to mash the pedal down, then go for it.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:27 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Good point, the Sprint Booster gets rid of the dreaded throttle lag, or that hopeless feeling you get when you want to jump out into traffic, hit the throttle, and not a lot immediately happens. Some good testimonials here if you are interested:

http://new.minimania.com/Sprint_Boos...eviews_Part_II

What year and model do you have? This is for Gen 2 but we have them for all versions:
http://new.minimania.com/part/SPR209...61-F55-F56-F54

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:27 AM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pidge1114
one has nothing to do with the other. sprint booster is only affecting throttle response and doing nothing tune wise. if you feel like you want more throttle response without having to mash the pedal down, then go for it.
The reason I asked is that I have a Manic 2+ tune. It replaced a JCW tune and the throttle response going to the Manic tune seemed improved - so I figured that the tune was the cause of this. We kind of hoping MarioCart would have responded on this... Anyway, I guess the only way to find out (since anyone that has done both have not responded) is to buy it and find out. I don't know if the relative high cost of doing so is worth it or not. That's my delimma.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:28 AM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Mania
Good point, the Sprint Booster gets rid of the dreaded throttle lag, or that hopeless feeling you get when you want to jump out into traffic, hit the throttle, and not a lot immediately happens. Some good testimonials here if you are interested:

http://new.minimania.com/Sprint_Boos...eviews_Part_II

What year and model do you have? This is for Gen 2 but we have them for all versions:
http://new.minimania.com/part/SPR209...61-F55-F56-F54

Can it be returned if not satisfied with the performance?

Old 08-18-2016, 01:49 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by BMC_Kid
Can it be returned if not satisfied with the performance?
30-day guarantee.

http://new.minimania.com/So__what_is_a_Sprint_Booster

Old 08-18-2016, 01:52 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Received 115 Likes on 93 Posts
The reason I asked is that I have a Manic 2+ tune. It replaced a JCW tune and the throttle response going to the Manic tune seemed improved - so I figured that the tune was the cause of this. We kind of hoping MarioCart would have responded on this... Anyway, I guess the only way to find out (since anyone that has done both have not responded) is to buy it and find out. I don't know if the relative high cost of doing so is worth it or not. That's my delimma.
You can run a SB and Manic tune together. I have a few customers that want more throttle response, so they add a SB. Typically, they set the SB to "green" not red and leave Sports button off.

mQubed Motorsport, Manic Tuning Dealer

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 08-18-2016, 05:48 PM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MarioKart
You can run a SB and Manic tune together. I have a few customers that want more throttle response, so they add a SB. Typically, they set the SB to "green" not red and leave Sports button off.

Interesting... So, did your tune affect my throttle response versus the JCW tune it replaced?

What happens if you run the SB at Green with sport button off?

Old 08-18-2016, 05:54 PM
MarioKart
Vendor
Interesting... So, did your tune affect my throttle response versus the JCW tune it replaced? What happens if you run the SB at Green with sport button off?
The tune does make it more responsive, but the SB is much more aggressive. Green with the SB and no Sports button on, will be way more aggressive than currently just having your Sports on

2013 GP2 #295, 270whp/310wtq, KO4 47mm Turbo, 18" NM Wheels, Alta intake, Manic Stage III+, HFS-3 Meth, 30% E85 Blend, Forged IC, Alta Hot Pipe, P&P/Ceramic Exhaust Manifold, m3 Extreme Ceramic DP, Vibrant mid res, 4" Double walled Tips, WMW/KW V3 CO, Alta Rear CA, CREE Fogs, Black out F/R Rings and Gas Cap, M7 CF Front Splitter, and No Stickers. MORE TO COME!! Previous 04Triple Black 17% Alta, MM Air/H2O, CAI, OBX Header, FBT Head, Shrick Cam, 234whp
Old 08-18-2016, 05:55 PM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini Mania
30-day guarantee.

http://new.minimania.com/So__what_is_a_Sprint_Booster

Might just have to see how it works with my tune...

Old 08-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Sprint Booster

Might just have to see how it works with my tune...
Sounds great, let us know if we can help!

Old 08-25-2016, 04:50 PM
hamptup
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MarioKart
The tune does make it more responsive, but the SB is much more aggressive. Green with the SB and no Sports button on, will be way more aggressive than currently just having your Sports on

I would bet that having both the SB and a aftermarket tune will cause an engine malfunction especially if you went wide open throttle.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:29 PM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Originally Posted by hamptup
I would bet that having both the SB and a aftermarket tune will cause an engine malfunction especially if you went wide open throttle.
Why would you say this? Are you just guessing or do you have some rationale to back up your statement? How in the world would a quicker throttle response affect an engine's reliability? it's not like the quicker throttle response will add more power over the tune.

Old 08-25-2016, 08:35 PM
hamptup
4th Gear
Why would you say this? Are you just guessing or do you have some rationale to back up your statement? How in the world would a quicker throttle response affect an engine's reliability? it's not like the quicker throttle response will add more power over the tune.
Let me rephrase.

You will probably get a CEL (check engine light) running both under boost and it could go into limp mode.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:11 PM
BMC_Kid
4th Gear
Let me rephrase.

You will probably get a CEL (check engine light) running both under boost and it could go into limp mode.

Uh, OK...

Old 08-25-2016, 09:57 PM
GEMSTER
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Let me rephrase.

LOL no

You do know the sprint booster only changes the throttle mapping right? A throttle map (sensitivity) has nothing to do with actual engine power. All the SB is doing is giving you a higher throttle position than the actual pedal travel. Meaning when you press down 10%, you get 50% throttle. Whereas stock would be 1 to 1 (with a slight delay). There's no difference in having a SB with or without a tune. A SB gives you NO additional power. If someone says their SB makes their car faster, it doesn't. It just feels faster because you get 100% throttle quicker.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:57 PM
hamptup
4th Gear
Never mind I'm reading too far into it.

I was wondering if the Sprint booster will play together well JB+ plug & play tune?

Last edited by hamptup; 08-26-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:06 AM
MarioKart
Vendor
Never mind I'm reading too far into it. I was wondering if the Sprint booster will play together well JB+ plug & play tune?
Yes it will, I used JB+ and SB together, as well as SB and Manic

Old 08-26-2016, 11:36 AM
Mini Mania
Banned
Sprint Booster

Here's how the Sprint Booster works, and why so many of our customers are big fans:

http://new.minimania.com/SPRINT_BOOSTER___Why_it_works

Also, here's a handy FAQ:

http://new.minimania.com/SPRINT_BOOSTER_FAQ_S

30-day money back guaranteed. Hope this helps!