MINI Car Club of Indiana (MINICCI) The MINICCI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.MINICCI.org

Ok... I have to ask, WHY order from D&R?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:11 PM
EefsJ_JArc
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess my biggest worry is about any sort of ill will torwards me if I buy from another dealer and then I do need it taken in to be fixed for something... IMO the true test is how they treat ANY Mini owner....

Old 04-01-2005, 06:17 AM
UKNUT
6th Gear
IMHO You shouldn't EXPECT the same level of service if you didn't buy from them. If you are paying for the repair then you should receive the same level of service as anyone else. If it is a warranty issue then they gain nothing by working on your car.

Now, after saying that, I don't believe that D&R would treat you any differently. That is what makes them special.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:40 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Originally Posted by UKNUT
IMHO You shouldn't EXPECT the same level of service if you didn't buy from them. If you are paying for the repair then you should receive the same level of service as anyone else. If it is a warranty issue then they gain nothing by working on your car.

Now, after saying that, I don't believe that D&R would treat you any differently. That is what makes them special.
GEEZ you guys act as if they actually assemble the car at D&R!

The bottom line is simply this D&R is a MINI dealer. As such they should be mandated to give proper attention to any MINI owner or customer PERIOD.
They are servicing the PRODUCT. The MINI itself. Untill the car is placed into a junk yard as all cars eventually are, the dealer should be concerned about how it services the product of the company they represent.

I keep reading topics about poor dealer experiences after the sale. This is 1000% BS. If a dealer wants a repeat customer or to generate new sales from customers who move into an area, they have to maintain the relationship from the initial sale through the sale and service of the second and so foruth cars.

I can't remember the exact name here, but I know that one of the MINICCI people moved here from the pacific north west. Should D&R not give him the exact same fantastic experience when he comes in for service just because they did not make the sale?? BULL CRAP! (wanted even stronger language but this is a public forum!) This kind of thinking is for those dealers who still demand thousands in Additional Dealer Profit because the MINI is a hot selling car. BUNK! This is still the USA and this is still a consumer's market. With out us spending our hard earned cash there would be no D&R!

If a compediting regional dealer were to include floor mats and a parcel shelf in the purchase price of a car I say that D&R ought to match the deal or expect to loose the business. When the MINI dealership gives special preferences to one MINI owner over another MINI owner when it comes to service, maintenance, warrentied repairs then there is a fundamental lack of respect to the customer. Keep these shenanigans up and this will kill the name of the brand. Then you loose re-sale values... and we all endup driving original mini's

Old 04-01-2005, 09:05 PM
EefsJ_JArc
3rd Gear
Finally someone else that sees my point! lol.... I completely agree that it shouldn't matter where I order my car from, D&R is affiliated with all of the MINI namesake, not just the ones they choose to be associated with, and therefore I shouldn't hav eto worry about getting treated any worse than any other MINI owner if I ever had to take my car there but honestly I do, and now I expect it b.c I've opened my mouth and voiced my opinion... but I don't regret doing that, I feel that it should be said about any auto dealer. Honestly I could live without a dealer remembering my name if it meant that I would get the same service as everyone else, I don't care about that crap... It's not like I'm going to spend every weekend there, only when I need something done and maybe it's b.c I'm not a very good people person but I'd rather just get the car serviced and be on my way.

Right now it's looking like this is going to be a long, drawn out legal situation with the insurance companies and I'm going to be forced to order my mini before even getting any settlement which puts me in a very hard financial situation... but if I do go with what I want and get a Mini then I sure hope it's not a choice I regret due to issues with the dealership.. and that's all it boils down to.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:06 PM
goin440
6th Gear
As someone who didn't have a good experience at D&R:
2) We are your local dealer and will provide you with services you will need AFTER the sale. (Loaner Car's, Rental Car's, Free Saturday Carwashes, Complimentary pick up and drop off services- all of these things are only available to MINI owner's who have purchased from D&R)
I know of two MINIs, my Cincinnati Coop included, that have been washed (and scratched) by your wonderful Saturday crew. Might also tell the wheel cleaners to lose those wire-like brushes they use. Prayers to the 7-series I saw one Saturday.

I have been picked up and dropped off.

But no loaners/rentals, which considering the long waits, might be worth it. (*cough* hour oil change *cough*)

Other than that, I've not had any problems with the service dept. and warranty issues. Which says a lot considering I probably have the highest mileage Cooper to be serviced at D&R.

As a buyer, just go with who you're most comfortable with, meaning, shop around. Remember that a car salesperson makes a commision off the sale--The longer my drink remains empty, the less of a tip the waitress will recieve. Don't shop for conveinence alone. You work hard, make them work hard for you.

(I have nothing against Carrisa or D&R, only a specific individual's shady attempts at customer service.)

Old 04-05-2005, 11:43 PM
EefsJ_JArc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by goin440
The longer my drink remains empty, the less of a tip the waitress will recieve. Don't shop for conveinence alone. You work hard, make them work hard for you.
Exactly my opinion as well...

Old 04-15-2005, 11:22 AM
minifinn
4th Gear

Now, after saying that, I don't believe that D&R would treat you any differently.
They treat me fine. I had to go to Bill Jacobs in Chicago to get my MINI because D&B wasn't up with their new dealership yet. The drive from South Bend to Indy or Chicago is the same amount of time for me (The drive to Indy is much easier on my nerves however). I've had warrenty service at both dealerships and they equally satisfied me. You are fortunate if you have a "local" dealer. Enjoy that luxury.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:15 PM
nervous
1st Gear
Ordered my MCS in July'03 was delivered in Sept'03 - had a great buying experience @ D&R. A few months ago dropped it off for service - my arranged ride back to D&R to pick it up fell through - they came & picked me up at home in a brand new 5 Series - not as cool as a MCS, for sure, but good service just the same. Several friends & family members have bought me MINI gifts in the showroom - all have commented at the friendly/helpful service they have received.

So far, only good from D&R for me.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:06 PM
secunn
2nd Gear
Carwash Caution!

I've had my MC/S since July of 2003 and my overall exerience with D&R has been great including sales and service, at least until two weeks ago. I live close enough to take advantage of the Saturday carwash especially during the winter months. My MINI was returned to me after the bath with a nice scratch across the bonnet and front fender. I thought that D&R only used their touchless spay carwash. I've since found out that this is not the case. Many of the cars are hand washed in the adjacent bay in order to speed up the process. Mike H. in the D&R detail shop did a commendable job in removing all but a few traces of the scratch but the fact remains that my MINI was damaged while in the care of D&R. I've gone to great lengths to make sure my MINI doesn't get abused in public places and now it has been defaced by someone that I thought I could trust. If I use the complimentory Saturday carwash again I will insist they use only the automated system on my MINI. I suggest you do the same. Lesson learned.

Old 04-16-2005, 07:03 PM
EefsJ_JArc
3rd Gear
If I were you I'd be demanding that the scratch be COMPLETELY taken care of! No if and or buts about it !

Old 04-16-2005, 07:13 PM
MINIGURU@WAY MOTOR WORKS
Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
D&R Service

Is your concern getting your MINI serviced at D&R? Don't forget I will do anything for your MINI that I can. Also I Guarantee I will beat their price on service work. If anyone needs anything just let me know.

Old 04-16-2005, 08:34 PM
secunn
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by EefsJ_JArc
If I were you I'd be demanding that the scratch be COMPLETELY taken care of! No if and or buts about it !
To take out the scratch completely would have meant sanding down deeper and repainting. I don't want a future buyer thinking that I have wrecked the car because of a mismatched paint job. Even knowing where it is I find it difficult to locate the remnants of the scratch. I'm not naive enough to think I could avoid scratches and dents forever. I just didn't think that the first occurrence would be the result of a service that my dealership provided. They should know above all what these cars mean to us and avoid any process that would risk damaging the cars and the trust of their owners.

Old 04-16-2005, 08:55 PM
EefsJ_JArc
3rd Gear
Well, I would still expect some sort of perks the next time that you had to take the car in for any sort of reason....

Old 05-21-2005, 05:46 AM
blalor
6th Gear
This thread's been dormant for a while, but I wanted to throw in my 2¢.

I ordered my MINI from Rhonda at D&R and took delivery yesterday. There were a couple of minor glitches getting the car into my posession (delay getting out of the VDC, some kind of technical issue with the software on the car), but throughout the entire process Rhonda kept me in the loop, was always friendly, and made me feel welcome. Yes, I know, all of that should be a given, since I just dropped a wad of money on a new car, but it was an enjoyable experience, which is more than I can say of just about any other purchase I've *ever* made (vehicular or otherwise). More often than not, I come out of a vehicle purchase wanting to drop a bomb on the building. But anyway.

So, D&R has been great. I fully agree with other statements in this thread that the dealer should be completely agnostic about where you bought your car when it comes time for service. I read somewhere that every customer that buys a new car is worth $40,000 of *pure profit* to the dealership, in terms of accessories and service, and I see no reason for any business to snub a potential customer because they didn't get the initial sale.

Consider this a ringing (if somewhat rambling) endorsement of D&R and Rhonda!

Old 05-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Carissa @ D&R MINI
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by blalor
So, D&R has been great.
Consider this a ringing (if somewhat rambling) endorsement of D&R and Rhonda!
What about me?!? I took your MINI to get gas!
(just teasin!)

Old 05-22-2005, 04:54 AM
blalor
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Carissa @ D&R MINI
What about me?!? I took your MINI to get gas!
(just teasin!)
Oh, geez, how could I forget!

The whole D&R crew were great; I was too limiting in my praise. ;-)