North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   MINI Car Club of Indiana (MINICCI) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/mini-car-club-of-indiana-minicci-96/)
-   -   Ok... I have to ask, WHY order from D&R? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/mini-car-club-of-indiana-minicci/40070-ok-i-have-to-ask-why-order-from-d-and-r.html)

EefsJ_JArc 03-27-2005 01:16 AM

Ok... I have to ask, WHY order from D&R?

This may get deleted for being offensive, if it is then I greatly appologise and I'll take my lashings with dignity but I have to ask. :: and I'm real sure that if I do ever go to D&R again they'll just love me, like they didn't already :lol: ::

Why order from D&R? I feel like I'm stuck ordering from them simply b.c they are the only Indiana dealer but I don't see that as reason enough anymore. I'm open in my dislikings for what I have seen/experienced when at or in some way involved with them for a few reasons which I will leave out b.c they would probley be considered 'slandering' of D&R... So I am asking what are the good points? I just feel like I'm cornered into ordering b.c they're close...maybe I'm just the type that prefers options.

::zips up flame suit ::

Davisio 03-27-2005 04:33 AM

They are not your only choice. You can order from another dealer outside of the state. It's the after-sale service that you have to think about.

rataha 03-27-2005 06:11 AM

Try Classic in Ohio:thumbsup: I have heard nothing but great things about them. And there parts department rocks:thumbsup:

SwingMCS03 03-27-2005 06:36 AM

If you aren't happy with your experiences with D&R, I second the recommendation to order through Classic. I've heard nothing but excellent reviews of this dealership. It isn't too far from Indy. I've also read good reviews of the Cincinnati dealer, too, and they are even closer. Order your car from a place that is going to treat you like you want to be treated.

Hope your injuries are healing...

dave 03-27-2005 06:38 AM

I'm not sure what the policy is at D&R, but a lot of dealerships only provide complementary service loaner vehicles to people that purchased their MINI at that dealership.

SwingMCS03 03-27-2005 06:40 AM

No loaners. When I purchased from D&R in 2003, they gave me 3 vouchers for a rental car (which is located next to the dealer). As far as I know, they don't provide loaners.

camminich 03-27-2005 11:24 AM

If you are not having a good exp with the local dealer then go to another. There are lots of great dealers. When I bought my Cooper, NW Mini in Seattle had a 18 month wait list and a $3000 MSRP mark up. I sad FU and went to Mini of Murray in Salt Lake. Had my Cooper in 3 months, sticker price, and enjoyed the drive home. I am not saying anything bad about D&R, service has been very good, and I like that they are open on Saturdays. But don't feel trapped.

Jenn B 03-27-2005 05:23 PM

So far I've had nothing but good experiences with D&R. Easiest car purchase I have ever had... and I used to work at dealerships so I'm pretty familiar with it all. Love the free car washes and convenience.

If you don't want to buy from there... give the place in Cincy a call... see how you like them.

EefsJ_JArc 03-27-2005 05:48 PM

Thanks a ton everyone :thumbsup:

mudfoot 03-28-2005 05:41 AM

[QUOTE=Jenn B]So far I've had nothing but good experiences with D&R. Easiest car purchase I have ever had... [QUOTE]

I agree. And while I also have the vouchers for the rental cars, I was given a loaner one time while D&R fixed a problem on my car.

I really enjoy the saturday car washes too...

NeilM 03-28-2005 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by EefsJ_JArc
Why order from D&R?

I had a very satisfactory sales experience with D&R's Carissa Coulter. They do offer loaners if you bought the car there, but also give you rental car certificates in case there's no loaner available at the time. This may turn out to be quite important for me, since I live 120 miles away.

If you live in Indy you're almost inevitably going to want to have a Mini serviced there, so I'd think that's pretty good incentive to buy at D&R also.

Neil
05 MCS

Carissa @ D&R MINI 03-28-2005 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=EefsJ_JArc]Why order from D&R? [QUOTE]

I can answer that question!

Order from D&R MINI because.....
1) We won't charge you OVER MSRP
2) We are your local dealer and will provide you with services you will need AFTER the sale. (Loaner Car's, Rental Car's, Free Saturday Carwashes, Complimentary pick up and drop off services- all of these things are only available to MINI owner's who have purchased from D&R)
3)You WILL be treated with the highest level of customer service!
4) We want your MINI experience to be the BEST car buying experience you'll EVER have!
5) We make it EASY! Tell me what you want, I'll look for it or order it, you'll follow it through production, your MINI arrives, you pay for it then your MOTORING! :smile:

I look forward to helping your into your PERFECT MINI!

UKNUT 03-28-2005 02:41 PM

I have my choice of 3 dealers within about the same distance from me. I chose D&R because of the response I got when I did my initial inquiry. I contacted all 3 dealerships but Carissa was the one I felt the most comfortable with. It is kind of a drag to have to drive 3 1/2 hours to get there but I believe my MINI is worth it. Its a no-brainer if you live close to them.

glmini 03-29-2005 09:51 AM

MINI from D&R

We have purchased two MINI's from D&R. First one our MA was Amanda (she is no longer there), and the Second one our MA was Rhonda and both were great to work with. Having spent a lot of time in the MINI sales area I have found all of the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

You can choose whoever you want to work with and I am sure that they will take good care of you. Good Luck:thumbsup:

camminich 03-29-2005 08:12 PM

Personaly, I think the fact that D&R is willing to even respond to a post like this is reason enough to by from them. When I get my next cooper, I will get it from D&R.

Northwest Mini in Seattle would NEVER involve themselves with the "odd few newsgroup mini owners" and even if they did, there simple answer be to go pound sand. They figure since they are in the only dealer in NW they can do whatever they want.

Carissa, thank you for the great and very honest responce!

[QUOTE=Carissa @ D&R MINI][QUOTE=EefsJ_JArc]Why order from D&R?

I can answer that question!

Order from D&R MINI because.....
1) We won't charge you OVER MSRP
2) We are your local dealer and will provide you with services you will need AFTER the sale. (Loaner Car's, Rental Car's, Free Saturday Carwashes, Complimentary pick up and drop off services- all of these things are only available to MINI owner's who have purchased from D&R)
3)You WILL be treated with the highest level of customer service!
4) We want your MINI experience to be the BEST car buying experience you'll EVER have!
5) We make it EASY! Tell me what you want, I'll look for it or order it, you'll follow it through production, your MINI arrives, you pay for it then your MOTORING! :smile:

I look forward to helping your into your PERFECT MINI!

Carissa @ D&R MINI 03-30-2005 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by camminich

Carissa, thank you for the great and very honest responce!

Thanks CAM!

We appriciate ever ounce of business and all of the GREAT compliments from all of you! More than anything we want all of you to know that we don't take you for granted!

-C

doomsdaybob 03-30-2005 10:09 AM

Can someone fwd these comments to Tom Bush MINI in Jacksonville, FL? Service loaners, pickups, and car washes!??!! That is just crazy talk!! Message boards and MINI owner groups that comunicate and hold events....Never heard of such a thing? A service department that doesn't try to scare your wife into buying a new set of tires after making her wait 3 hours for a first service?!!??!?! Can there be such a place? Not in Jacksonville!:eek2:

Jenn B 03-30-2005 10:45 AM

The dealership even helps with events and the staff shows up at club events!

Wow.

I think it's great. From having worked in dealerships before.. it's not normal for dealers to actually care what happens to a car after it leaves the lot.

ahamos 03-30-2005 12:11 PM

I think there's probably one or two people in every MINI dealership that make the purchasing experience worthwhile. But, for every good person at the dealership, there's some clown who's just selling cars.

We've had several at Crown MINI who were car salesmen. That's all they were. They talked the MINI talk, made you feel great about the car you were getting, but the instant a new customer comes in, they start juggling you and really muck up the whole experience.

I don't know anything about D&R, but you might just be dealing with one department that sucks, or one representative who should be back on the BMW side (or on the local motor-mile, schlepping used Ford Aspires).

MINI makes these dealers jump through some serious hoops to maintain their rights to sell these cars. If you get a bad experience, just report it. I had a rotten MA, and I didn't give her all 5's. She was gone shortly thereafter.

It is up to us to keep the dealerships honest, friendly, and in touch with the MINI community. A big :thumbsup: to the dealerships that are coordinating and sponsoring events and keeping folks happy.

EefsJ_JArc 03-30-2005 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by ahamos
They talked the MINI talk, made you feel great about the car you were getting, but the instant a new customer comes in, they start juggling you and really muck up the whole experience.

been there, done that... :roll:

Mike329 03-30-2005 07:45 PM

D&R "cares" about you before, during, and after the sale!

I bought my 2005 BRG/BK Mini S from Carissa last August. I first walked into the dealership back in late March 2004. The sales staff were swamped with test drives and after waiting about 45' to get my test drive, John Collins, the Sales Manager, took pity on me and took me out himself for a test drive in his demo. We had a blast and John being from "across the pond" was the perfect guy to give me my test drive. He sure added to the experience with the British accent and his dry sense of humor. Plus he is just a super fun guy who knows his Minis!

After we got back from the test drive he introduced me to Carissa as my MA. I liked her immediately and really enjoyed how she interacted with me as a customer - personable, knowledgeable, and a lot of fun to work with. That was late March 2004 and I didn't order until late May after probably a couple of more trips to D&R to check out different options and colors, numerous emails, and several phone calls. Carissa handled all of my questions in an outstanding manner. She always did what she promised when she promised with a personal touch.

I bring my Mini over for the free
Saturday car wash about once a month and enjoy my free coffee and pastries. Nice touch! I end up wandering over to the Mini sales area to say "hi" to Carissa and John. They treat me just the same as they did before I bought my Mini and took delivery. They always greet me by name, a big smile, and take time to talk for awhile if not with a customer. That speaks volumes regarding the type of people I'd want to deal with in buying a Mini. I haven't had much of a chance to talk with the other MA's although I have briefly talked with Rhonda and found her to be very nice.

So in short, I can't think of a better buying experience than I had with D&R and having Carissa as my MA.
:thumbsup:

EefsJ_JArc 03-30-2005 08:04 PM

Thank you much.. at least by making this thread I finally recieved an explination of what happened the day that I went to the dealership.

Jenn B 03-31-2005 06:40 AM

Same here Mike... I know I was a little bit of a pain in the ass when getting my car.... my Civic was totalled and there was NO option of ordering.. my rental car was about the be cut off and I had to have my car ASAP... and I got it and love it so much more every day.

I was up at D&R a couple of weeks ago with a friend (fellow MINI owner from out of state that wanted to see our dealership, plus I was picking up some parts) and walking through the showroom, Carrissa gives me a big "Hey Jenn". I've owned only two other cars in my life and I can absolutely guarantee that neither one of the people that sold me those cars would have the slightest idea who I was now or even 2 months after I bought it... not to mention 10 months later (how long ago I bought my MINI).

mudfoot 03-31-2005 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jenn B
Same here Mike... I know I was a little bit of a pain in the ass when getting my car.... my Civic was totalled and there was NO option of ordering.. my rental car was about the be cut off and I had to have my car ASAP... and I got it and love it so much more every day.

I was up at D&R a couple of weeks ago with a friend (fellow MINI owner from out of state that wanted to see our dealership, plus I was picking up some parts) and walking through the showroom, Carrissa gives me a big "Hey Jenn". I've owned only two other cars in my life and I can absolutely guarantee that neither one of the people that sold me those cars would have the slightest idea who I was now or even 2 months after I bought it... not to mention 10 months later (how long ago I bought my MINI).

This is pretty much my experience w/ D&R, Jim was my MA, and I am impressed he remembers my name when I see him when I go in for the Saturday car wash. My previous car that was totalled, Subaru SVX, was that marque's halo car and perhaps might have made more of an impression than other models available, and the guy who sold it to me would not have recognized me the next day, much less one, two, or six months down the line. When time came to replace the suby, I went back to Tow Wood Subaru where I bought the car from originally, and had many major services peformed, and their people really couldn't have cared less about anything other than if I was going to take my pick of whatever was immediately available that first afternoon I was out shopping. As much as I am impressed with the quality of Subaru and affinity for the brand, there was no way I was going to be a repeat customer at that dealership. Maybe I was dealing with a lone jerk? Too bad for them...

When the time comes for another Mini, or upgrade to a Bimmer, I will happily return to D&R :thumbsup:

Mike329 03-31-2005 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jenn B

Jenn, I think no single thing shows the quality and character of their sales staff more than how they treat you after the car is delivered. I've bought a lot of cars over the last 30 years and never found a group as nice to deal with as D&R's sales staff and John Collins the Sales Manager. I have no doubt I'll get the same warm welcome some Saturday a year from now when I go over to "visit" while my Mini gets a bath. :smile: