MINI Car Club of Indiana (MINICCI) The MINICCI Club Forum. Visit our club site at www.MINICCI.org

Service around Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:38 AM
JimRoberts12
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Service around Indiana

I don't want this to sound negative with regards to D&R (North) but...

I've taken the car in for service with a number of things and most of them required me to have to go in multiple times to be taken care of. It took them 10 months and multiple visits to fix one problem. They have been tricky situations but still, irritating.

So my thought is to visit another dealer. One who if nothing else is just another set of eyes. So I'm looking for a good one. I've read of people who won't deal with D&R going to Cinci. Is that a great dealer? What about Chicago? Suggestions?

Last edited by JimRoberts12; 07-04-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:13 PM
m050120
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are three dealers in Chicago, I've been to two of them (Patrick and Knauz). I would go to Patrick. They are always friendly and knowledgable. I have mixed feelings about Knauz. (I have a hard time trusting a dealer that rather than giving me a MINI loaner, rents me a Jeep from their on-site Enterprise rental agent that is located in their showroom?)

Old 01-24-2011, 08:05 PM
GreenR53
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jim I would just go to D&R so if you did have any thing done it would save you the long drive if the problem isn't corrected. Just my .02 I dont like going up there anymore than you do sometimes.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:31 AM
camminich
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cincinnati MINI is good, but you may find it similar to Indy. There is also a newer MINI dealership down in Louisville. Have never been there, but the group down in KY seems to like them a lot.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:15 AM
JimRoberts12
4th Gear
Originally Posted by britgreenindy
I would just go to D&R so if you did have any thing done it would save you the long drive if the problem isn't corrected.
I would but that IS the problem. I've gone, some things aren't correct, and I've all but lost faith that they are capable of a fix.
Something such as this...
A rattle in the roof...
visit one. Can't hear it (...)
Visit two. They hear it and fix it but the roof control panel is reinstalled right and leaves a gap you can put the tip of a pen through and sunroof trim is left loose in the middle - not snapped in place.
Visit three. The panel is replaced right until further inspection when I notice it's somehow glued to the headliner. They deny they did that but "fix it anyway" and now the rattle is back in the roof as it was way back before all of this. Moreover the sunroof trim is loose again AND dirty finger marks on the light gray headliner.
So I've got a rattle in the roof that they have tried to fix, I've had to go in multiple times & the problem isn't fixed.
Though I've since learned a bit about that sunroof trim and how to take it in/out to avoid having to go back in. Also wondering what might rattle I've looked in the roof to see if it was anything obvious.

The thing is I've never wanted to do any of this work myself because I didn't wanna break something and get stuck with the bill when I could take it in under the coverage with the car. When the coverage is through I'll take on any project but not until then, ya know? So I'd really like things sorted out.

Originally Posted by camminich
Cincinnati MINI is good, but you may find it similar to Indy. There is also a newer MINI dealership down in Louisville. Have never been there, but the group down in KY seems to like them a lot.
I guess I'm looking for the service people who confirm the problem and fix it right the first time. I didn't think that was difficult as a MINI dealer really only ever services ONE type of car, not a fleet of different models.

Again, I don't hate D&R or have standing drama with them. They've always been friendly and helpful. It's kinda like trying to avoid a friend who offers to do work for you in interest of using someone else.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:40 AM
XXLil MickXX
5th Gear
I would recommend having Way from WayMotorWorks take a look at it for you if you can get in touch with him.

My second recommendation is below. The owner is very fair and has experience with MINIs. I took my old benz there for years.

Autohaus Dierolf- European Car Repair

Place page

429 West Carmel Drive
Carmel, IN 46032
(317) 571-0800

Way come to Indy

Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 AM
XXLil MickXX
5th Gear
Hello again......

I have a noise in the engine. D & R said, no codes so no problem.. Autohaus said it was the supercharger but didn't have the tools to fix it. I serviced the SC and that was not the issue..

Does anyone know of any other reputable shops in Indy that service MINIs?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:42 AM
JimRoberts12
4th Gear
Originally Posted by XXLil MickXX
Hello again......

I have a noise in the engine. D & R said, no codes so no problem.. Autohaus said it was the supercharger but didn't have the tools to fix it. I serviced the SC and that was not the issue..

Does anyone know of any other reputable shops in Indy that service MINIs?
There is another AUTOBAHN in Greenwood on 37.
Their number is 888.0315
I was there this morning with a 3 series. Seemed very fair, just and honest so I'd recommend them because with service those are the key factors to me!
Thomas and Peter are the two guys you'll talk to, I'd think they'd remember me if you mention Jim with the 3er... for a few days at least.