Mid-Ohio Motoring Club The Mid-Ohio Motoring Clubs forum. Visit our club site at www.midohiomotoring.com

r56 JCW at MAG?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 01:28 PM
dajiggalo
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r56 JCW at MAG?

I drove by MAG today and saw an R56 JCW sitting on the lot... I bet its the factory JCW... anybody test drove it yet? I think I'm going to give them a call later this week....

Old 07-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd guess that car was ordered in by someone. If you get to drive it let us know what you think.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:12 PM
CHKMINI
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it's Blue it is a used one that they have listed on Autotrader.com with just over 3,000 miles.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
You'd look good in a Blue one JR.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:33 PM
jw34
6th Gear
Only if it's stetson blue.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:18 PM
JCWORKZ
1st Gear
One of the guys from our Mini group stopped by Out Motoring with it on Saturday at 11:00. Chuck, you just missed it by 2-3 minutes. It is a nice looking car, red with a black top, black interior. It had the factory JCW kit and it was loaded with JCW options. The guy who was driving it said it was their demo car that they just got in. The sticker was on the side window with an asking price if around $34K. Aaron took several pictures of it.

Old 07-21-2008, 06:11 PM
dajiggalo
3rd Gear
Yep, it was red with a black roof

Old 07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Sorry I missed seeing it. JCWORKZ are you going to trade for a new one?

Old 07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
JCWORKZ
1st Gear
I do not know if I will trade mine in or not. I have been thinking about it but I am finally just getting mine to where I really like it. I still have a few more cool mods that I would really like to do to it. Once I get it all done I was going to try to get it in MC2. My main concern is trying not to get it so tricked out to where it would not be marketable any more. My goal is to have it finished by next spring. I might have to move on to a new project car then.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:06 AM
CHKMINI
6th Gear
The guy in the demo was Paul Chambers (Mr. Mini). Saw him at QSL last night...he has a new JCW coming

Old 07-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Crashton
6th Gear
He said it will be here any day now. How cool is that?

Old 08-04-2008, 03:18 PM
dajiggalo
3rd Gear
I finally dropped by MAG last Saturday (Aug 2nd) to take it for a test drive.... unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it...) someone purchased the JCW demo on Friday..... they do however have a JCW Clubman (red/black) on the floor!... and another JCW coupe (black) coming in soon
Oh yeah, MINIs sitting on the lot have mysteriously vanished... must be the gas prices

Old 08-04-2008, 04:48 PM
CHKMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dajiggalo
I finally dropped by MAG last Saturday (Aug 2nd) to take it for a test drive.... unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it...) someone purchased the JCW demo on Friday..... they do however have a JCW Clubman (red/black) on the floor!... and another JCW coupe (black) coming in soon
Oh yeah, MINIs sitting on the lot have mysteriously vanished... must be the gas prices
Yea, Astro Black with a White roof. If they would only bring Jet Black back (try to say that 5 times) I would consider it. PW/PW may be in my future

Old 08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CHKMINI
Yea, Astro Black with a White roof. If they would only bring Jet Black back (try to say that 5 times) I would consider it. PW/PW may be in my future

So can we all assume that you are buiying Allen's MINI & starting the Mods to make it Black N Blacker?

Old 08-05-2008, 05:45 AM
CHKMINI
6th Gear
Not Allen's. But I am planning a design for a PW/PW that will be based around Carbon Fiber and Gunmetal Grey

Old 08-05-2008, 07:02 AM
rigidjunkie
6th Gear
It is OK to admit you want my Cooper

Although Sunday we went to Mohican and with the wife, baby, two bikes, and the AC on my car is not very fast :( Which makes me wonder what everybody's power to weight ratio is with the driver in the car and how much impact some mods have, i.e. how much weight would one need to lose in order to match the performance gains of a pully? Or howmany dumbells do I need to put in Chuck's car to be able to keep up with him (I will let someone else make the dumb bell behind the wheel comment, oops I just did

Old 08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
B.A.D.
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rigidjunkie
It is OK to admit you want my Cooper
I hope you are talking about your car, or did you win Cooper in a poker game and now you have your own tamed racing driver?

Let's look at the Pro's/Con's of each:

Cooper the car
Pro - great gas mileage
Con - not very fast when loaded with 2 adults, one child, two bikes, and AC running

Cooper the tamed racing driver
Pro - smart kid with a high future potential earnings based on career choice
Con - currently expensive to maintain based on legal fees and court cost

That is a tough choice

Old 08-06-2008, 06:38 AM
DalmatianTux
1st Gear
Anyone know how long to expect to wait for the VDC to do their thang? Expecting my PWB Clubman here anyday now...arrived at Charleston SC VDC on 7/26, although M.A.G. said it was "logged" in on 7/28. Having the ext. driving lamps and sport stripes put on their since dealer stated the VDC does a better job at it there.... thoughts?

Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 AM
DalmatianTux
1st Gear
OK not happy at all with MAG, I went inquired about a loan via my credit union at work and was given a rate of 5.25%, when I asked MAG about the delay of the car, they told me via email the finance manager would be able to match that rate to finance through them. Now - hours before I pick up the car, my MA calls and tells me there is no way they can match that, and the rate would be around 8% . Hours before I go in to sign paperwork and do the financing !!!! So now I am running around trying to get the deal done via my credit union at the last minute. I wouldn't be as mad if they had told me a few days ago so all the paperwork could be finalized. Horrible horrible horrible, shame on you MAG.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 PM
dajiggalo
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DalmatianTux
OK not happy at all with MAG, I went inquired about a loan via my credit union at work and was given a rate of 5.25%, when I asked MAG about the delay of the car, they told me via email the finance manager would be able to match that rate to finance through them. Now - hours before I pick up the car, my MA calls and tells me there is no way they can match that, and the rate would be around 8% . Hours before I go in to sign paperwork and do the financing !!!! So now I am running around trying to get the deal done via my credit union at the last minute. I wouldn't be as mad if they had told me a few days ago so all the paperwork could be finalized. Horrible horrible horrible, shame on you MAG.
Sorry to hear that.... MAG is... uh... sorta "hit or miss" with their sales but their service area is pretty good from what I have heard. I hope it all works out for you.