Massachusetts Motoring Club An owners club for residents of Massachusetts and neighboring states to promote communication with other members via its on-line forum and to encourage the organization of motoring events. Visit our club site at www.massmotoringclub.com

[7/14 BOS Area] MINI Summer Relief @ Sonic, Peabody, MA

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[7/14 BOS Area] MINI Summer Relief @ Sonic, Peabody, MA

Hey Mass Motorers!

I know this might be short notice. Sorry... So, I'm doing something a little adhoc here. I just looked at the weather, and it's going to be pretty gorgeous and hot on Saturday. A few clouds, but 92 degrees for the high! PHEW... We need some relief..

I love Sonic... they have good.. well everything. Plus, I dig drive in's and car hops, and chicks on skates. Since opening up as the first Sonic in Massachusetts, it's been a great place to hang out and have a pop, soda, coke, shake, or a blast!

I blame someone in another thread for giving me the desire to have a MINI meet up at Sonic.. so.. here it goes...

Let's beat the Heat and have our selfs a MINI Summer Relief!

When: Saturday July 14th, 2012 - 4PM - 6PM
Where: Sonic Drive-In, Peabody, MA right on US 1.
Why: Why Not?

Feel free to join me out there. I'll be hanging out. If it's just me, then... well.. good.. more Sonic Blasts for me and my Pini.

See ya!!

Old 07-12-2012, 12:59 PM
DOMINICoopeR50
2nd Gear
I guess i'll take partial blame for this....

But i'll be there! I'll never miss a Mini meet that I could throw a rock at from my house

Old 07-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Vapok
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DOMINICoopeR50
I guess i'll take partial blame for this....

But i'll be there! I'll never miss a Mini meet that I could throw a rock at from my house

Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 PM
MrCooperS
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think I may be there.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 PM
cgaubuchon
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will see if the GF wants to head out that way on saturday.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 PM
DOMINICoopeR50
2nd Gear
I should be there around 5oclock. Even though this is kinda last minute I hope we get a good turnout Nothin like a Sonic slush on a 90+ degree day

Old 07-13-2012, 07:20 AM
MrCooperS
I'll rally up a couple others outside of this forum

Old 07-14-2012, 10:10 PM
MrCooperS
Good turnout today. I think at least 7 or 8 MINIs showed up. It was the perfect day for a slush. I think Vapok and I were talking about planning a meet that can happen on a regular basis around the Boston area. Let's all put our heads together and think up some places!

Old 07-15-2012, 03:39 AM
inkspot1967
3rd Gear
Wish it was on sundays my only day off oh well

Old 07-15-2012, 07:58 AM
cgaubuchon
4th Gear
Nice seeing everyone yesterday, good turnout for such short notice. Let's figure something out for a regular event soon.

Also, if you use your phone to access NAM or want to. Post in the thread in my sig to try to get it supported. /shameless plug

Old 07-15-2012, 08:18 PM
MrCooperS
So I'm just brainstorming some ideas for a regular meet-up, maybe once a week. Here's some ideas that I had:

1. One of the locations that always has a good amount of parking spaces are some of the empty lots near the Hardvard Rugby field right on Soldier's Fields road heading West. We can schedule a weekly meet there at 7 PM and at 7:30 we can all do a small caravan over to the Friendly's at Watertown for some ice cream. Late comers can just meet us directly there at Friendly's.Here's the meeting location and route.

2. A place with plenty of parking is also here at JP Licks. There's a good amount of parking spaces on that hill top parking space.

What do people think? I'll edit this post as I think up more places.

Last edited by MrCooperS; 07-15-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:35 AM
cgaubuchon
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MrCooperS
So I'm just brainstorming some ideas for a regular meet-up, maybe once a week. Here's some ideas that I had:

1. One of the locations that always has a good amount of parking spaces are some of the empty lots near the Hardvard Rugby field right on Soldier's Fields road heading West. We can schedule a weekly meet there at 7 PM and at 7:30 we can all do a small caravan over to the Friendly's at Watertown for some ice cream. Late comers can just meet us directly there at Friendly's.Here's the meeting location and route.

2. A place with plenty of parking is also here at JP Licks. There's a good amount of parking spaces on that hill top parking space.

1. Best place in the area probably. Almost a guarantee for parking and likely we could all park together too. A bunch of places for food too if we wanted to stray from just ice cream. Easy shot down Storrow from almost every major highway around Boston. We can also meet in the parking lot that is back up Soldiers field rd a bit (Map) and it would be a little faster to Friendly's since we wouldnt have to turn around. Other than on nice weekend days and during the Head of the Charles, that parking lot always has about 50 open spaces.

2. This place is hit or miss I think. Although it is often empty back there, that intersection and area can get rather busy at times, seemingly for no reason. We used to shop at that Stop&Shop and there was a few random times that we had to wait 15-20 mins just for a single space. Might be a bit risky, but good location

Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Vapok
2nd Gear

I really like option 1 there. Mostly because it includes a little jaunt down the road in a caravan. =) My vote is for this one.

-Pete

Old 07-17-2012, 07:05 AM
MrCooperS
Originally Posted by cgaubuchon
1. Best place in the area probably. Almost a guarantee for parking and likely we could all park together too. A bunch of places for food too if we wanted to stray from just ice cream. Easy shot down Storrow from almost every major highway around Boston. We can also meet in the parking lot that is back up Soldiers field rd a bit (Map) and it would be a little faster to Friendly's since we wouldnt have to turn around. Other than on nice weekend days and during the Head of the Charles, that parking lot always has about 50 open spaces.

2. This place is hit or miss I think. Although it is often empty back there, that intersection and area can get rather busy at times, seemingly for no reason. We used to shop at that Stop&Shop and there was a few random times that we had to wait 15-20 mins just for a single space. Might be a bit risky, but good location

Yeah location A. or B. would work. I purposefully chose location A so we can squeeze in a bit of a longer drive

Old 07-17-2012, 09:53 AM
nilly1010
1st Gear
i would of came to the meet saturday:/ i didn't see this thread in time :(( ill be there next time for sure!!

Old 07-17-2012, 05:03 PM
cgaubuchon
4th Gear
Yeah location A. or B. would work. I purposefully chose location A so we can squeeze in a bit of a longer drive
Not complaining.

Originally Posted by nilly1010
i would of came to the meet saturday:/ i didn't see this thread in time :(( ill be there next time for sure!!
Another meet is in the works still. Stay tuned on this forums

Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 AM
MrCooperS
Hey guys, we have an event posted for July 26th - https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ml#post3553742

Hope to see you all there!

Old 07-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Lightyr
3rd Gear
Returning to Boston (albeit, just for 5 days)

Someone please keep me informed if anything is going on August 10-15. We'll be coming up to Boston staying in Beacon Hill area. Wife has never been to Boston. I went to Northeastern from 1969-1975 and haven't been really in the city for over 20 years.

I'll show her how I used to play Chicago's "Saturday in the Park" on my 8-track while driving to the Commons and sit there people-watching all day long.

Gonna take her to Rockport; that used to be the third date. But since we've been married for a month shy of 20 years I guess that date is long overdue. I'll also show her the 5 different apartments I used to live in from Roxbury Crossing, to Brookline to Framingham and how every Sunday we used to be at the Sheraton Tara for brunch across from Riverview Apts in Framingham.

I'll even show her the original Emack and Bollio's that I used to go to on Beacon St in Coolidge Corner. Does Boston still have the most ice cream places per capita?